Old 07-19-2017, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Sapphire Jubilee Snowflake Brooch

Old 07-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Courtier

It's a stunner.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Majesty

I have always loved HM's brooch collection and admired the way she uses them for "nods" to particular places, events, etc. But in all honesty, there are very few that evoke a visceral response in me. This Snowflake does that, the way it is designed is the result of a true artist and the selection of the stones the work of a truly great gemologist.

I loved the deep blue of the central sapphires and thought they graduated to lighter and then aquamarine and on the end where the stones almost look opaque, I thought they were opals because of the flashes of fire.

Imagine my surprise to find that all the stones were all sapphires because they are nothing like any other sapphires I have seen. The clarity and colour variation is truly stunning and a wonderful example of nature's beauty. I think they are perhaps the most beautiful sapphires HM owns.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The queen is wearing the aquamarine tiara tonight:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEjwWBeXkAEmqHt.jpg
Sorry, big, clumsy and ugly. Should have been reset many years ago.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have always loved HM's brooch collection and admired the way she uses them for "nods" to particular places, events, etc. But in all honesty, there are very few that evoke a visceral response in me. This Snowflake does that, the way it is designed is the result of a true artist and the selection of the stones the work of a truly great gemologist.

I loved the deep blue of the central sapphires and thought they graduated to lighter and then aquamarine and on the end where the stones almost look opaque, I thought they were opals because of the flashes of fire.

Imagine my surprise to find that all the stones were all sapphires because they are nothing like any other sapphires I have seen. The clarity and colour variation is truly stunning and a wonderful example of nature's beauty. I think they are perhaps the most beautiful sapphires HM owns.
Thank you Marg for pointing that out to me, when I first looked at it, I also thought the outer stones were opals as they are what I call cloudy, not shining bright. So this is truly a brilliant piece of workmanship by this company, and I bet we see it soon on one of her coats. Gorgeous piece of jewelry.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Sorry, big, clumsy and ugly. Should have been reset many years ago.
It's right for HM, though. She never pretended to be artistic or fancy.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Favorite Tiaras, The Rematch: #8. Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara

An amazing and regal tiara. Just incredible and unforgettable. The style is unbelievably wonderful. One of the best tiaras ever.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Favorite Tiaras, The Rematch: #1. The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Utterly stunning and unbelievably beautiful and regal. Just an amazing tiara.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Majesty

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Queen Mary's Thistle Brooch

A very beautiful brooch.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Aristocracy

My favorite piece is the Love Tropy Collar that belonged to Queen Mary. I would love to see someone wearing that!
Old 11-04-2017, 02:09 AM
Majesty

The Greville Ruby Necklace | The Court Jeweller

An amazing and stunning necklace.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara, Revisited

One of my favorite tiaras. It's elegant, timeless, and absolutely stunning and regal.
Old Today, 02:07 AM
Majesty

The Queen Anne and Queen Caroline Pearl Necklaces | The Court Jeweller

Stunning and elegant jewels.
Old Today, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Beautiful necklaces

Love the anecdote about the wedding. Great Uncle Haakon to the rescue, well his limousine. Kind of funny all of the planning that went into the wedding and some how forgot the necklaces were still on display.
Old Today, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I had no idea of the history behind the pearl necklaces. Must be kinda nerve wracking to even wear such pieces from the 1700’s. Walking around hoping nothing breaks.

A.W. TOZER