The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Nobility

The Queen arriving at the State Opening of Parliament, May 17, 2005

The jewels worn by HM to arrive at the State Opening of Parliament

The jewels worn by The Queen during the State Opening of Parliament, May 17, 2005

HM The Queen reading Her speech from the throne

Old 05-25-2005, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty's Jewels at the State Dinner yesterday in Canada 24th May:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gamma127476.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	149467   Click image for larger version

Name:	QueenGalaAlberta24thMay.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	149468  

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-25-2005, 03:29 AM
Administrator

"New" Necklace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Her Majesty's Jewels at the State Dinner yesterday in Canada 24th May:
Haven't seen this necklace before. Spectacular.

Anyone know anything about it?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Haven't seen this necklace before. Spectacular.

Anyone know anything about it?
I think it is the necklace given to the Queen by Shiekh Rashid. See post #14 of this thread to see this necklace and the other presents given to the queen
Old 05-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard
I think it is the necklace given to the Queen by Shiekh Rashid.
Sheikh: "a gift for you, Your Majesty"

HM, opening the velvet case: "gasp!"

Old 05-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Nobility

:( :( :( :(
it's really sad for us newcomers, these links on the previous pages aren't working at all. so we only hear of the names of the jewels, but never get to see them.
cry,cry,cry

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 05-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

A true stunning neckless, i am stuning!! Thanks for the photod A.C.C. and HMQueenElizabethII for the wonderful pics.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Nobility

the cullinan diamonds
I: on the sceptre
II: on the crown
(these two are sometimes taken to wear as a brooch set-----is it true?)
III:??
IV:??
(they were once set in Queen Mary's crown for the coronation, but where are they now)
V:heart shape brooch.
VI:??
VII:marquise shape
VIII: oblong shape
(these two are a brooch set)
IX:set on a ring

could somebody tell me where are the Cullinana III/IV/VI,pls? pictures of royals wearing them will be great

Old 05-26-2005, 01:33 AM
Nobility

Another amazing picture of The Queen and Her jewels at the Canadian State Banquet on May 24, 2005.

Look at those sapphires!!!

I hope the link works Another picture of The Queen looking stunning in Canada

AMAZING!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Nobility

thank you A.C.C. but i can't visit the photobucket site(i also have problem visiting all tripod/msnuser/angelfire/geocities sites.........poor internet connection).

is the brooch Queen Elizabeth wear on this picture(http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/...s-treasure.htm) the Cullinan III+IV?

and on the same page, the brooch on Queen Mary's sashes, are they III+IV or I+II?
i also heard that Queen Mary put Cullinan diamonds to the Cambridge Emerald, i wonder which of the Cullinans are added to the Emeralds...

Old 05-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C.C.
Another amazing picture of The Queen and Her jewels at the Canadian State Banquet on May 24, 2005.

Look at those sapphires!!!

I hope the link works Another picture of The Queen at the banquet in Canada

AMAZING!!!
Thanks lots A.C.C.The Queen looks really glorious in her dress and lovely tiaras.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
is the brooch Queen Elizabeth wear on this picture(http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/...s-treasure.htm) the Cullinan III+IV?
and on the same page, the brooch on Queen Mary's sashes, are they III+IV or I+II?
i also heard that Queen Mary put Cullinan diamonds to the Cambridge Emerald, i wonder which of the Cullinans are added to the Emeralds...
Indeed, both Queen Mary (on her sash) and Queen Elizabeth are wearing the Cullinans III & IV, usually called "Granny's Chips."

I have posted pics of the Cullinan V Heart Brooch and Cullinan VII and VIII Brooch above: More, and better

The Cambridge Emeralds are often confused with the "Ladies of India" diamond and emerald necklace (part of the "Delhi Durbar Parure"); it is the latter necklace from which Queen Mary hung the 11.5 carat marquise-cut Cullinan VI.
(pic below)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ladies of India Necklace & Cullinan VIa.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	150018  
Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Nobility

thank you so much,A.C.C.! i finally got all the Diamonds in place^^

there were something hanging from the necklace of Queen Mary, which looks like diamonds too, and the text besides it said that these are the Cullinan III/IV but those on the sash looks similar to those Queen Elizabeth wear in the picture below. i got confused

can someone post some picture of Queen Mary wearing Cullinan I/II, plz? (Must be really heavy for her to have so much diamonds on her,hoho)

Old 05-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Commoner

Hi Florawindsor.

About the Cullinans, the diamonds on Queen Marys sash in the picture is II and II, the diamonds hanging from the necklace is III and IV. Cullinan I and II hasn't been worn as a brooch for a very long time. Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Commoner

can someone post some picture of Queen Mary wearing Cullinan I/II, plz? (Must be really heavy for her to have so much diamonds on her,hoho)[/QUOTE]

The picture in your link actually shows Queen Mary wearing all four Cullinans. She is wearing I and II as a brooch, and III and IV as a pendant on her necklace.

The presnet Queen has never worn I and II as they are now set in the state regalia.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Nobility

thx Louise&Torkel!

these two sets look really similar. both are square+pear shape. can be confusing sometimes...

Old 05-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The Cambridge Emeralds are often confused with the "Ladies of India" diamond and emerald necklace (part of the "Delhi Durbar Parure"); it is the latter necklace from which Queen Mary hung the 11.5 carat marquise-cut Cullinan VI.
(pic below)
yes i am confused again, on mandysroyalty.org/Queenjewels.html and www.royal-magazin.de/england/queen/queens-trove.htm they have the same pictures(at least they look the same to me), but on Mandys, the necklace was called 'Delhi Durbar Parure' and said to be maid from the Cambridge Emeralds, while on royal-magazin the necklace was called the 'Ladies of India' necklace and was given to the Queen by Indian ladies. one of them must be wrong:(

Old 05-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

The cabochon emerald parure is made up of emeralds which the Duchess of Cambridge won in a state lottery (apparently the lottery was fixed to ensure she won them, since they were her wedding present or something) and emeralds from India, which Queen Mary was given after she became Queen. I'm not sure which emeralds are which, though. The whole set is known as the Cambridge and Delhi Durbar parure. She wore the jewels to the Durbar in Delhi in 1911.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Nobility

so after all the cambridge emerald(or say, necklace with cambridge emeralds)/Delhi Durbar parure are the same

the emeralds are beautiful, i love them. Queen Elizabeth wear them a lot, so i guess she love them too

can you guys visit the royal-jewels.tripod.com? i can reach www.tripod.com but not the royal-jewels.tripod.com. i don't know if it's something wrong with the site or my internet connection

Old 05-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Confusing emeralds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The cabochon emerald parure is made up of emeralds which the Duchess of Cambridge won in a state lottery (apparently the lottery was fixed to ensure she won them, since they were her wedding present or something) and emeralds from India, which Queen Mary was given after she became Queen. I'm not sure which emeralds are which, though. The whole set is known as the Cambridge and Delhi Durbar parure. She wore the jewels to the Durbar in Delhi in 1911..
Yes, I had problems working this out too. I have two books "The Royal Jewels" by Suzy Menkes, and "The Jewels of Queen Elizabeth II Her Personal Collection" by Leslie Field. I used Field as the "reliable" source because there was much more information.

Menkes states the necklace is "the Cambridge Emeralds", while Field goes into great detail, and identifies them as "the Ladies of India Necklace". The difficulty is that the Cambridge emeralds have been mixed into "the Cambridge and Delhi Durbar Parure" which contains Indian and the Cambridge emeralds. There are a lot of emeralds in the Cambridge set and they have been used in various pieces of jewellery. The emeralds in the Grand Duchess Vladimir diamond circle tiara (interchangeable with pearls) are Cambridge.

Anyway here is a pic of Queen Mary wearing Cambridge and Indian emeralds. I doubt if anyone these days could identify which is which. The thumbnail may appear small, but comes up nicely with a click of the mouse!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	QM jewels.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	150423  

Tags
elizabeth ii, jewellery, queen elizabeth ii