Queen Elizabeth II - Earrings: June 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Warren. I haven't heard of this parure - "lace diamonds" is a lovely name.

Just looking at the earrings that the Queen wore to the Pre Wedding dinner for the Royal Wedding - not a pair I am familiar with.

Mirror

HM also appears to be wearing an additional ring on her wedding jewelry finger or, as an optical illusion, on her middle finger. Anyone recognize it or am I seeing something else?

They form part of a diamonds-set-in-gold "tassel" parure sometimes referred to as the 'King Hassan lace diamonds'.
HM first wore the parure in Morocco some years ago.

:previous: Would anybody have some pictures of the tassel parure? Thx

HM wore Quen Mary's floret earrings to the Irish reception in Dublin last week

Different earrings for The Queen.
I think they may be Queen Victoria's diamond studs. page 50 Fields

IMG_0002-21.jpg

Another photo from a different angle.

IMG_0001-24.jpg

An interesting choice of sapphire earrings worn by the Queen at the Garter Ceremony today - not a pair that she has worn to this occasion before.

Sapphires 2011

The Garter earrings, belong to the diamond/sapphire tassel parure, first worn at 10 Downing Street with Prime Minister Blair.

Elly, might you know anything about my post just above yours? Diamond earrings, apricot hat.

Elly, might you know anything about my post just above yours? Diamond earrings, apricot hat.
Have just looked in Field & you could be right but the scans are a little blurred - have you any specific details of when/where the photos were taken? There's a chance we might come across a clearer image.

Sorry, I cannot say where or when - I took the pictures from interview utube of 90th birthday interview with Prince Ohilip.
I spotted the earrings, and wondered which ones they were.

A pair of pearl earrings which I don't think has been posted in this thread before. (scroll down to pic of state visit to West Germany 1986). Some other lovely pictures too.

Gracie jewellery

Can anyone identify the earrings HM wore for the Trinity House reception? see below

Metro

The Trinity House earrings are - Q. Alexandra's cluster earrings page 122 Fields

IMG.jpg

The 1958 State Visit by Germany earrings are - Q. Vicoria drop pearl earrings refer page121 and 127 Fields
The 1986 State Visit by Germany are the Qatar 6 strand pearls and matching earrings refer page 134 last sentence Fields
picure coming

Thank you joye.:)

I wonder if these earrings could be the ones that are shown in the link to the Royal Collection in post 68 of this thread?

The Trinity House and QEII wedding earrings are the same - Q Alexandra's cluster earrings.
I still think apricot dress earrings are Q Victoria diamond stud, but will be corrected if necessary.

Sorry, I cannot say where or when - I took the pictures from interview utube of 90th birthday interview with Prince Ohilip.
I spotted the earrings, and wondered which ones they were.

EllyC, I have just found by accident, that the photo in the apricot hat and diamond earrings, is in fact 1961 Royal Tour of Pakistan, with The Queen visiting the tomb of Jinnah, founder of Pakistan.

at one point i had a picture of the Queen wearing what looked like Princess Diana's saphire earring. the ones with the diamonds surrounding the sapphire. like her engagement ring. i beleive it was an offical pose. does anyone know what picture i am talking about? it is the only one i remember where the Queen was wearing those earrings. (i have sold the magaxine so i am not able to go back for refence) I would have to say it was before volumne 13. that is when i stopped buying the magazine.

thanks to whoever can help me sort out my memories.

Alyend said:
Can you identify the earrings HM Queen Elizabeth has worn today in Canberra?
AAP ONE - News, Sport, Entertainment and Stock Photography, Video and Flash
In my opinion they seem Queen Mary's floret earrings. I think they're too big to be Queen Victoria's stud earrings.

I would agree with you the earrings do look very much like the floret earrings, however I think they are the diamond clusters which Her Majesty has worn s number of times. I will try and find their provenance.

I am struggling to find a good close up of this wonderful pair of earrings worn at the State Banquet for the Turkish President. Has the Queen worn these before?

Zimbio

At the State Banquet The Queen wore the Greville diamond drop earrings, a firm favourite of the late Queen Mother. This is the first time we actually see HM with them.
Here you can enjoy a close-up of the earrings: Link

Bobby

Last edited:
I just have to ask this question ... which I have been meaning to ask for some time ... are all these earrings for pierced ears? It appears that they are.

I am struggling to find a good close up of this wonderful pair of earrings worn at the State Banquet for the Turkish President. Has the Queen worn these before?

Zimbio
The earrings worn by The Queen to the Turkish State Banquet were the Queen Mother's, inherited from Mrs. Greville.

v Mrs Greville's Cartier earrings (and necklace)

Attachments

• Greville Necklace & earrings.jpg
    Greville Necklace & earrings.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 628
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Joye & Bobby. It is a treat to see the Queen wearing them. Each gala/state occasion she keeps us guessing what pair she might wear (unlike the day time pearls). She could so easily resort to just a few favourites, but I think she's varying her selection more in her final years.

I just have to ask this question ... which I have been meaning to ask for some time ... are all these earrings for pierced ears? It appears that they are.
If you go to posts 67 & 68 of this thread there's some information about the Queen wearing some clip on earrings as a young Princess.

I don't think they are Queen Mary's floret earrings too. They are a different pair.

The earrings worn for the Service of the Order of the British Empire are definitely not Queen Mary's floret earrings.
The images are rather blurry, but you can see those are different pairs.

I've never seen the latest pair though; maybe it was a recent gift in honour of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom