Queen Elizabeth II - Earrings: June 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for replying, but I am very aware that the earrings worn in Bermuda are her mother's, not the ones used for the 2004 Service for the Order of the BE.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

and compare them with the pic taken last December.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I am aware now that the pink is not as pink in the two pics, but December was an indoor engagement, 2004 pic is taken outside St Pauls.
Perhaps the 21st birthday gift from the Diplomatic Corps are the ones worn in December as well???

:previous:

The flower earrings worn in Bermuda are indeed the late Queen Mother's, a gift from her husband.
The all diamnd earrings worn in 2004 are the Diplamtic Corps' 21st birthday gift to Elizabeth II.
The earrings from last December have pink stones and nothing more is known about them. No chance that hey are the Corps' gift!

Bobby

The earrings at the 2004 service, IMO, are the diamond floret earrings, which HM often wears at Garter service. These are handed down from Queen Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two opinions, though? Queen Mary's or the 21st birthday gift from Diplomatic Corps?

Now I'm even more confused. It very much depends on the angle from which I see them. Now it actually looks to me that HM wore Queen Mary's earrings in 2004, not the flower petals. Queen Mary's clusters seem to be placed lower on the ear, while the DC's gift looks more like a stud (placed higher)...

Here are two photos of the pairs mentiond: The birthday gift earrings and Queen Mary's clusters.
QueenElizabeth, what do you think?

Bogdan

Having looked at them closely a couple of times, I think Joye is right & they are the birthday gift- I'm basing this mainly on the second image I posted - the Getty one, but I agree it can depend on the angle.

Queen Mary's clusters seem to be placed lower on the ear, while the DC's gift looks more like a stud (placed higher)...

I think the placement may differ because of the age of HM now, and hence, Queen Mary's florets now appear lower on the ear, or perhaps sagging somewhat.

Now I'm even more confused. It very much depends on the angle from which I see them. Now it actually looks to me that HM wore Queen Mary's earrings in 2004, not the flower petals. Queen Mary's clusters seem to be placed lower on the ear, while the DC's gift looks more like a stud (placed higher)...

Here are two photos of the pairs mentiond: The birthday gift earrings and Queen Mary's clusters.
QueenElizabeth, what do you think?

Bogdan

The 21st birthday gift earrings from the Diplomatic Corp. refer Fields page 82

There is an interesting discussion on RJWMB under the heading " QEII earrings".
The Queen's pearl earrings. Four are discussed with photos.

1. single stud pearl
2. pearl and diamond Devon earrings from Q Mary
3. larger pearl and diamond also from Q Mary
4. Diamond pearl diamond.

A wonderful close up of the pearl drop earrings worn today for the State Opening of Parliament

zimbo

Love the earrings. The crown is my favorite of hers. Nice.

Uber-delicious pearl earrings! Does anybody have pictures of them worn at other occasions? What is the history behind them, I've heard they have Hanoverian and are connected to Q. Vicky.

These earrings were a gift in 1847 From Prince Albert to Q. Victoria known as Q. Vics drop earrings. Large pear shaped pearls each hung from a diamond stud. Left to The Crown, and therefore Crown Jewels.

Wonderful earrings! They are especially spectacular when matched with the pearl version of the Vladimir tiara. That's a perfect combination.

Guessing Game

Any guesses which earrings for the coming Garter Ceremony?

Trooping the Colour this weekend, and the Garter after on the Monday, I think.

A very good choice I think!

Garter ceremony

Another from the Garter ceremony: pic 1

Are these the Queen Victoria pendant earrings that Leslie field mentions on p138 in reference to the queen Mother wearing "seven of Queen Victoria's most beautiful pieces of jewellery.... given to the crown in 1901"? And are they these?

Queen Mother rubies

Last edited by a moderator:
I just logged in to post that, but you were faster, Elly C!
The Queen surprised me this year. I thought she'd wear sapphires, but the rubies are a great choice. Glad HM wore them again.

*I am right to think that Elizabeth II has worn them 3 times, including today?

Bobby

Yeah!! Something other than pearls for a change.

These are The Crown Rubies, worn previously worn by The Queen Mother.
They have only come into The Queen's possession after her mother's death.
Rightly The Queen's, but her mother wore them for her lifetime. The Queen is said to have said " I know Mummy will give them back."

Haha, I can see why the Queen Mum kept on to them, they are gorgeous. Do these go with the other rubies left to the crown by Queen Victoria?

OK...my jewelry loving friends, are these not one of the most Stunning pairs of earrings you have ever seen. I am dying over these. OMG!! PLEASE if anyone has other photos of them. They are truly fit for the Queen. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

HM used the Greville chandelier earrings in Canada after what must be a very long time. Any ideas as to when they may have been last used?

-> HM wearing the Greville Chandelier earrings in Canada.
(click on pic to zoom)

-> The earrings in glorious detail
At the time (1947) they combined every known modern cut of diamond.

These earrings are fabulous but I would not wear them with the necklace too much sparkle imo.

A Queen can never have too much sparkle. :)

True, but as she is wearing the earrings and the necklace none of them are well appreciated. But I understand that I'm thinking as a lowly commoner. :D

Thanks for the earring's picture. :)

These earrings are fabulous but I would not wear them with the necklace too much sparkle imo.

I do believe HM has the gravitas and the poise to carry them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom