Queen Elizabeth II - Earrings: June 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I believe it's been a while since HM has worn long/big earrings in general.;) They look very regal IMO.

I think these are the antique diamond girandole earrings (pictured in Leslie Field on page 56 & 57.) This is the second time in recent weeks HM has worn some impressive diamond drop earrings. Long may it continue. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely to see HM pull out these lovely old pieces, which we thought we were unlikely to see her again in!

I think the last time she wore these antique girandole earrings on the State Banquet in Slovakia two years ago. I am not sure whether we know anything about its provenance, but they really ressemble the earrings she wore in Canada, the wedding present of her father. I think these are not the same?

The earrings HM wore in Canada were the Greville chandelier earrings that the Hon Mrs Greville left to the Queen Mother in her will. They were not these girandole earrings.

I have also had a look at older pictures from the trip to Slovakia and do not think the girandole earrings were worn there.

Indeed, you are right; I am wrong. The Queen wore another pair of earrings; but even those earrings don't have a known provenance.

The antique girandole earrings probably date back to Queen Victoria. A triple pendant design that she was partial to 100 years ago.

Indeed, you are right; I am wrong. The Queen wore another pair of earrings; but even those earrings don't have a known provenance.

Agreed, the ones from Slovakia were one of the many sets of hanging diamond earrings HM has, often paired with a number of similar styled necklaces.

These are loevly, and how wonderful to see HM use them again recently (in Canada) after such a long time.

Classic beauties, Elly C!! I'm drooling already!! :wub:

I really do think that HM has recently had an afternoon of rummaging around her jewel rooms and picked out a number of golden oldies, including the Greville chandelier earrings, the girandole earrings, the fringe tiara from her wedding, a number of interesting brooches (including ione yesterday, and the Star brooch worn at the reception for the Sarkozy's last seen in 1937)... how wonderful for us all!

I so agree muriel!! It seems she went for a while wearing the same things over and over (not that I'm ever dissapointed) but I love seeing "new" things or at least pieces that have been alone in a drawer for a long time!!!!!!

I so agree muriel!! It seems she went for a while wearing the same things over and over (not that I'm ever dissapointed) but I love seeing "new" things or at least pieces that have been alone in a drawer for a long time!!!!!!

Exactly, I just hope this steady stream of "new" old jewels continues for some time.

I agree, they're magnificent! Did these earrings belong to the Queen Mother? Does anyone know?

Gorgeous! HM looks almost girlish in the pic.

That is not a beautiful picture of Her Majesty's earrings, but a gorgeous one of the Queen herself. I love it!:flowers:
Oops! I meant to say it's not only a beautiful picture of the earrings, but also of Her Majesty.:ohmy:

A rare sighting of amethyst - I think these are the Kent demi-parure

Amethysts

These are the Crown Rubies, that The Queen Mother wore, until her death. The Queen first wore these Crown Rubies in Malta.

Just looking at the earrings that the Queen wore to the Pre Wedding dinner for the Royal Wedding - not a pair I am familiar with.

Mirror

They form part of a diamonds-set-in-gold "tassel" parure sometimes referred to as the 'King Hassan lace diamonds'.
HM first wore the parure in Morocco some years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom