Queen Elizabeth II - Earrings: June 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look so much bigger worn than when they're displayed. Gorgeous.

Queen Elizabeth’s Antique Girandole Earrings
The Queen wears this part usually, but not exclusively, with her Saudi Necklaces. It might have come with one of them too.

Attached is a picture of the Queen wearing the earrings.
Cropped and resized from a larger image.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 368
Those earrings are just magnificent; I really like the chandelier style.

:previous:
These pair is in a design favoured by Queen Victoria but it's not the same one as Queen Victoria's diamond girandole earrings (Leslie Field, pages 56 and 57). These earrings are known as simply "Antique Girandole Earrings". I don't think the Queen - or any other royal lady - has been pictured wearing them before 1970s, which makes me believe the Antiquie Girandole Earrings may be a recent acquisition/gift.

I think Queen Victoria's pair was once with the Kents. Princess Marina had breathtaking girandole earrings picture of which I have attached.
Princess Marina’s Diamond Girandole Earrings

Credit: RJWMB

Attachments

• 26405rp.jpg
    26405rp.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
These are beautiful, but I have to admit I prefer the pearl pendants worn without the diamond frame in their original form.

Absolutely stunning,as per the article they were last worn in 2002.

I too love these earrings - I prefer to call them the Queen Mother's Diamond Pendant Earrings :)
I was so delighted to see HM the Queen wearing them to the State Banquet during the Turkish State Visit to the UK in November 2011 .

In The Queen's Diamonds Hugh Roberts calls them The Greville Peardrop Earrings.
So this is 'official' name of these earrings.

The three cuts of stones are magnficent; I can only imagine the flash and fire of those diamonds when worn.

In The Queen's Diamonds Hugh Roberts calls them The Greville Peardrop Earrings.
So this is 'official' name of these earrings.

Absolutely !! I was just saying the name I prefer !

The three cuts of stones are magnficent; I can only imagine the flash and fire of those diamonds when worn.

And they must be quite heavy to wear - one can almost see how they drag down the Queen Mother's earlobe !

:previous:Those are so darn beautiful, wow, they are the prettiest earrings I have ever seen. I bought a set of her daytime earrings, a pearl with a small diamond at the top, just love them. Wonder what the history is on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom