Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the photo. I've never seen that piece before. Hopefully someone will be able to identify it. Very original brooch.

That's unusual - appears to be a golden stag. Recent local gift maybe...?:ermm:

:previous:
I don't think it's new. Fairly certain I've seen that brooch (or one very similar to it) in pictures of the Queen before; not ones this year, and probably not in the last couple of years - but definitely not new. I wish I remembered when/where though.

Interesting, none the less! Thanks for the pic.

Queen Elizabeth is wearing the Aquamarine (or Cartier) Clips tonight.
The Boucheron Aquamarine Clips were a gift from George VI and Queen Elizabeth on the occasion of the Queen's 18th birthday in 1944.

Image provided by the Royal Collection with permission to share for non-commercial use.

Attachments

• 1 (11).jpg
    1 (11).jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 243
I adore those clips. It would seem the outfit, with the exception of the earplugs, was designed to compliment the clips.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning! I love how the dress seems to be designed especially for those amazing aquamarine clips, as someone else pointed out. Beautiful colors..

NO NO Really these are one of my very favorites...I know I always say that!!!

We all do that. ;)
My only issue with the Queen's jewellery collection is that she owns way too many gorgeous pieces: it is absolutely impossible to choose a favourite among them.

On another note, the Royal Collection kindly shared the large versions of the photographs on their website, so here are the Clips in all their glory.
That's the largest and clearest picture of them I've ever seen, so hope you'll all enjoy them. :)

Thank you for the bigger image :flowers:. These are beyond words.

I'm almost speechless! How about getting those beauties for your 18th birthday!!! :)

I'm almost speechless! How about getting those beauties for your 18th birthday!!! :)

Ooof. That would be delightful (though I'm not sure where I'd wear them to, since my life doesn't involve anything remotely fancy enough for jewels of that calibre).

I call it the Gold Feather Brooch.
It appears to be a combination of yellow and white gold with two diamonds on the bottom.

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• Queen+Elizabeth+II+2010+Braemar+Highland+Games+Ox4EvTNszhlx.jpg
    Queen+Elizabeth+II+2010+Braemar+Highland+Games+Ox4EvTNszhlx.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 331
Thank you! Never seen this one before. It's very simple, but also pretty and just perfect for a sporting event.

Thank you! Never seen this one before. It's very simple, but also pretty and just perfect for a sporting event.
You are welcome. :)
I really like this brooch; it has a simple shape and design but still looks lovely.

The Queen has at least 4 different feather brooches and wears most of them (including this one) fairly regularly.
This was the second or third time this year I've seen Her Majesty wearing the Gold Feather brooch.

Thanks for the info. It is beautiful - and I had no idea about the diamonds. One advantage to having a number of brooches in the diamond jubilee diamond show is that we are getting to see some of the lesser seen pieces.

There are no diamonds on this feather brooch - it is simply blended shades of precious metals:
Quote from BBC News, Scotland:
Saturday, 7 September, 2002,

“George McIntosh, President of the Braemar Royal Highland Society, and Captain Mark Nicholson Laird of Maer Estate also attended.

Mr McIntosh presented the Queen with a brooch from the Society to celebrate her Golden Jubilee.

It came in the form of an eagle's feather fashioned in platinum, white gold and 24 carat gold on silver.

The brooch [is] finely engraved and Jubilee hallmarked with the Queen's head stamped on the back.”

Attachments

• Queen+Elizabeth+II+Queen+Elizabeth+Prince+NqvF-Ko1A-ix2.jpg
    Queen+Elizabeth+II+Queen+Elizabeth+Prince+NqvF-Ko1A-ix2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2,306
Last edited:
That's indeed one of the brooches from the Kent Amethyst parure.
I wish there were high resolution pictures available. Unfortunately, until the day comes, below are the best pictures I have of the brooches.

I love scrolling diamonds above and the linear diamonds on the lower half of this piece. It should not work as well as it does as a design and never fails to make me smile and realize why I am not a designer of great jewels. :lol:

That's indeed one of the brooches from the Kent Amethyst parure.
I wish there were high resolution pictures available. Unfortunately, until the day comes, below is the best picture I have of the brooch.

Do you have pictures or links to pictures of the parure?

Goodness, but it almost takes my breath away pinned on that lovely colored suit HM is wearing!

Do you have pictures or links to pictures of the parure?
The Queen doesn't really wear the Kent demi-parure all that often. In fact, the only occasion I know of when she wore most of the elements of the parure was on March 26, 1985, during her official visit to Portugal. Since then, she has mostly worn only one of the brooches, with and without pendant drops (usually, without).

- The Queen wearing Kent demi-parure in 1985 (picture 1)
- The Queen wearing Kent demi-parure in 1985 (picture 2)
- The Queen wearing Kent demi-parure in 1985 (picture 3)
- The Queen wearing Kent demi-parure in 1985 (earrings)

Cropped from larger images and constitute less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,532
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 514
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,102
Last edited:
I'm guessing we will see this parure on Camilla & Catherine someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom