Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One diamond bow brooch is never enough, three is much more the thing eh? ;)

What makes me laugh is Queen Victoria just happened to have 506 diamonds lying around, as you do. I know it's a problem we've all had - what to do with all these loose diamonds we accumulate? ;)

We should all have such problems! Unfortunately, my junk drawers are filled with just that, and not loose gemstones.:lol:

I simply love to look at her jewelry! And I especially love it when she surprises us with little worn gems!

I so love the Queen's bow brooches, there's nothing more regal than these exquisite items! :wub:

I agree, the bow brooches I could see much more. They are soo sparkly.

During today's visit to Valentine's Park Redbridge, the Queen wore a lovely diamond and pearl brooch. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before: could someone identify it?

Image cropped from a much larger picture and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• x610.jpg
    x610.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/m...th/MicroObject.asp?row=94&themeid=944&item=94

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/m...th/MicroObject.asp?row=96&themeid=944&item=96

These are the equivalent pieces from the southern realms of New Zealand and Australia. The Queen scored both of these on the Coronation tour.
I can't imagine the Australian government getting away with giving the sovereign this sort of diamonds these days!
And not only does the Queen bring the diamond wattle back to Australia for return tours, but I've also noticed it in the general rotation while at home. But then, wouldn't you?

While the era of giving grand jewellery to visiting royalty is over (bar for the Arab countries), I think it is actually extremely likely that upon his accession to the Throne, Charles and Camilla will receive some jewellery gifts from all countries of the realm.

I don't recognize it, but HM has pulled out seldom-seen brooches from time to time.
And while the Australian and NZ brooches are very beautiful, my favorite is the Wattle. I just love those yellow diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any brooches that are appropriate for the visits to Singapore and Malaysia by the D&D of Cambridge this year?

Nice Pics , I Like Wattle brooch Looks So Nice & Chic , Thank you for Posting :flowers:

During today's visit....the Queen wore a lovely diamond and pearl brooch... could someone identify it?
This is actually rather a favourite amongst HMs brooches. Although I've never seen any provenance of it, so have no information about it's design or origin, it has been around for many years and has been worn loads of times. In the jewellery books it has been call the Quatrefoil, but to me it is more of a Trefoil with a little ribbon bow at the bottom.

In my data base this is currently HM's fourth most-frequently worn (although I'm a few months out of date with my data, the top 5 positions move around but rarely change by much)

Does anyone recognize the brooch the Queen wore for today's engagement?
I believe this one was a wedding gift to the Queen. It's roughly just inside her top 20 favourites, so if you look out you will see it a few times each year - often on red or pink outfits, due to the rubies it includes.

:previous:I can't say that this is one of my favorites, which is unusual since I love all her brooches, because of the odd design. But maybe that's the reason why it's one of hers since it's certainly unusual! Thanks for the information on both brooches, GillW.

Last edited:
Thanks or the information on both brooches, GillW!
I really appreciate it. :)

The Queen wore another stunning piece for yesterday's Easter Mattins Service in Windsor Castle.
This pearl and diamonds brooch is just stunning, one of my favourites of Her Majesty.

Cropped from much larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 610x4.jpg
    610x4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
It looked beautiful on the pink too.

Gill can you tell us what the count/number is at present for her brooches and have you included the brooches from her mother in the count.

I believe this one was a wedding gift to the Queen. It's roughly just inside her top 20 favourites, so if you look out you will see it a few times each year - often on red or pink outfits, due to the rubies it includes.

This is one of three unnamed ruby brooches in her collection. I do like it very much.

We had a gentleman come in briefly on the Forums about a year ago. His grandfather or granduncle is thought to have made this brooch in London's jewelry district (can't remember what the district is called). He posted the original sketch. I attempted to look for the thread with his conversation, but the Forums internal search engine didn't pick up anything.

Gill can you tell us what the count/number is at present for her brooches and have you included the brooches from her mother in the count.

I have 131 brooches recorded as being worn. There may be others of course, over the years. I only count those where I have photo evidence of them being worn, so only the those from the QM that have been worn by HM are included in my count. Sorry to say that my full "wearing data" is a little behind at present but I'm planning on catching up to date soon. Can't miss all those that will appear in this busy Jubilee year, so I'd better get on with it!

I t is one of my favourites and though it is really very simple it oozes charm.IMO

:previous:Which one is that, bertie? The unusual ruby brooch or the Cambridge pearl pendant?

I agree Artemesia, there is something about those pearls. Size Quality and Simplicity that makes this a stunning brooch IM eyes

I have 131 brooches recorded as being worn. There may be others of course, over the years. I only count those where I have photo evidence of them being worn, so only the those from the QM that have been worn by HM are included in my count. Sorry to say that my full "wearing data" is a little behind at present but I'm planning on catching up to date soon. Can't miss all those that will appear in this busy Jubilee year, so I'd better get on with it!

Thanks very much for that Gill. Pleased that somone is keeping count. I never know whether to count the pairs such as the Aquamarine clips as one or two.:flowers:

Two for the price of one! I'd probably count the clips as a pair, though.

Thanks very much for that Gill. Pleased that somone is keeping count. I never know whether to count the pairs such as the Aquamarine clips as one or two.:flowers:

I count that pair as one, but if ever one alone was worn I'd make a special note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom