Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful to see the Willliamson Pink brooch on a white coat today at Ascot - gorgeous

Beautiful to see the Willliamson Pink brooch on a white coat today at Ascot - gorgeous

Indeed. Its not often the Williamson brooch makes an outing, but it is such a special piece.

HM & the Williamson at Royal Ascot 2011, day 2

Thumbnail cropped from a much larger image and not subject to copyright.

Attachments

• EIIR Williamson Ascot 2011.jpg
    EIIR Williamson Ascot 2011.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Thanks Warren. A beautiful hat for a beautiful brooch.:flowers:

HM looks just stunning, beautiful pink hat to set off that....awesome brooch!!

I have always wanted to hold the shell brooch ( well all of the brooches actually) but this brooch is so thick with diamonds I would love to move it in the light to see it in its glory!!!!!

It doesn't look like it. Maybe the sunburst?

I believe that it is the Lady Jardine's brooch (correct if I am wrong on anything including spelling). It is one of my favorite brooches that HM has.

I believe that it is the Lady Jardine's brooch (correct if I am wrong on anything including spelling). It is one of my favorite brooches that HM has.

Quite so - this is the Jardine Star - one of the Queens favourites and frequently worn.

Thank you very much!
That brooch is really wonderful!

Anyone any ideas which brooch HM wore toda to visit 10 Downing Street? I dont recognise it.
BelgaPicture - Category details

Oops - not looking properly - it's the one I call the Commonwealth Rose, after all.

Last edited:
The Queen wore a brooch which is not that often seen. She wore it during her visit to Northumberland on the light purple, lavender outfit. I think it is the diamond spray brooch with amethyst toppings which she received in 1960 when she opened a bridge. Most recently she wore it, I think, when she sported her 'black' eye in the rain with the Royal Irish Regiment on its disbandment quite a while ago now. 2005?

it looks a little too big for that, but maybe someone else knows for sure?

Can anyone identify the brooch she wore during her visit to Trinity College on 17 May? Here's a photo.

Prince Philip designed and commissioned the brooch for one of HM's birthdays. Can't remember when, probably late 70s, early 80s. As far as I know it doesn't have a name.

Prince Philip designed and commissioned the brooch for one of HM's birthdays. Can't remember when, probably late 70s, early 80s. As far as I know it doesn't have a name.

Almost right: It was designed and made by Andrew Grima - "He (Grima) went on to win international prize after prize as Hughes took him round the world to meet the rich and famous, who adored his avant-garde Jewellery. But it wasn't until he met the Queen in 1966 that his success in England was guaranteed.

The meeting came after the Duke of Edinburgh chose a stunning Grima brooch, made of carved rubies from an Indian head ornament, mounted on molten gold and diamonds, to give to the Queen. It was one of 12 pieces which, as a collection, had won the 1966 Duke of Edinburgh's Prize for Elegant Design."

Extract from an obituary on Grima.

I think it is often just known as The Grima.

Last edited:
I kdon't recognize it, either. Looks like a cute little baby sea monster. Was she wearing it in Scotland?

Yes, it seems a fish or some other sea creature. Maybe she choose to wear that brooch because the reception was at Fishmongers' Hall (so there's a connection with fishes)

I kdon't recognize it, either. Looks like a cute little baby sea monster. Was she wearing it in Scotland?

She wore it to a dinner to commemorate the 90th birthday of the DoE at Fishmongers Hall in London

The Princess Royal also wore a similar brooch to Fishmongers Hall.

The Queen has worn several jewelled badges this last week. 2 in Scotland, and the Fishmongers Hall.

The Queen Mother's diamond shell brooch with tassels.

Wonder what brooch surprises The Queen might have for us, during her Australian tour of 11 days, starting this Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom