Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this brooch has been worn at various times. Unlike GillW, I cannot give your dates, but my picture has The Queen wearing it , wearing a pink suit with checkered contrast.

I'm afraid its not one of my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gill or Joye, do you know if The Queen has ever worn this brooch in public? Are there any photos known?
I have a few dates for this one, but not many:

02-Aug-01 BP inspection pink jacquard check
15-Nov-94 Ascot School & Licenced Victuallers purple
03-Jul-72 Concorde 02 at Heathrow monochrome - dark tones
04-Jul-92 London pink suit with checked collar

Joye & GillW, thank you for the replies. Very much appreciated. Seems that this brooch is not among The Queen's favourites.

Bobby

It's time to bring out The Cullinan's 3-4 when was the last time 1967 phot is all i have, and that was taken at the palace.

I believe the Cullinan III and IV combined brooch was worn for a photocall in 1986 on the occasion of her 60th birthday.

The Cullinan III and IV brooch has been on display at The Queen's Gallery Buckingham Palace, last year it still was when I was there last, so that might explain why it hasn't been worn in recent years.

Cullinan III and IV are not practical to wear. They are quite heavy and are not suitable I think for "ordinary" day wear. I would like to see it on her evening dress or so, but it is up to Her Majesty The Queen to wear it on occasions which are on quite a grande scale, perhaps we will see it when she celebrates her Diamond Jubilee in 2012.

Remember that Queen Mary wore the combined III and IV Cullinan for the weddings of her children, so special occasions.

The Queen and Prince Philip attended a second event today, they officially opened a Visitor Centre at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and there they also visited the Queen Mother Memorial Garden

Pic

Brooches in Hello

The new Canadian Hello has coverage of the recent visit and in it
is a special section on the Queen wearing her mother's brooches on this visit.

I'm still racking my pea size brain trying to figure out how these are stored, I mean she has so many brooches. You would think if they weren't all laid out in a velvet drawer how could you remember? I think I would love that job!! "Brooch Layer Outer"

"Brooch Layer Outer" now that's a new profession.:flowers::lol:

looks like her aquamarine deco clips to me, which are one of my favorites!

The aquamarine clips came out for the fourth time this year (with a first wearing only in June). Last year, the aquamarine clips came out only once, so I think Her Majesty The Queen is favouring them this year.

Brooch Alert at Buckingham Palace on 19 July 2010:
Is that a brooch from Queen Mary, the triple drop brooch? I am sure this is one we have not seen for many years.

It's wonderful. HM really knows how to match her brooches and the above photo proves this once again.;)

Oh how gorgeous! thanks for the photo. I love this brooch!!!

Yes, as I said, a brooch originally given to the then Princess May of Teck, the later Queen Mary as a wedding present by the Women of Hampshire. This comes in a harebell design with three drops of which the central one is a pearl. I think it has come out very rarely in the recent years.

You're right, the Queen has rarely worn this brooch in the last few years and it's very beautiful....as are all Her Majesty's brooches. Perhaps we'll see it a little more often, I hope so.

Many thanks for the information, QueenElizabeth. Any recent stats on the last usage of this brooch from our resident experts?

The last usage of the brooch was I think last year when she wore it for an indoor reception at Buckingham Palace. But I am not able to say the exact date now, but will post it tomorrow; but anyway, the brooch has not seen the daylight for quite a while, because the brooch was used last year and some days ago actually inside the Palace.

As promised, the Women of Hampshire 'Harebell' brooch, worn on Monday at Buckingham Palace was worn last year as well at a Reception at Buckingham Palace on 15 October 2009 for the Overseas Chief Justices.

Thanks QE. Its not one of the usuals, so I was not that familiar with it.

From the video of HM reviewing the opening of the upcoming 2010 BP summer exhibition, she wore the harebells for that too (on a very bright cerise dress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom