The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Park Geun-Hye Photos - Park Geun-hye Meets with Queen Elizabeth II - Zimbio

The massive cockade made an outing at the State Banquet for the visiting Korean President. The previous two sightings of the brooch were at the Sarkozy state visit in 2008 and the 1937 coronation.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Richmond Brooch

What an absolutely exquisite brooch! I love the classic design.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Diamond Cockade Brooch

This brooch is amazing! It is simply stunning, regal, and magnificent.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Richmond Brooch

What an absolutely exquisite brooch! I love the classic design.
The Richmond brooch is lovely. That said, I would love to see the pearls in the brooch be used interchangeably with some coloured stones: sapphires or rubies.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I would think a pendant in another gem to interchange with the dangling pearl would really enhance that brooch.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Stunning brooch but the pix of Queen MAry are lovely - even if she has decided to wear ..mmmm .... 10% of her jewellery in one go.

Can see the likeness to HMQ in 1st pix, but I can see Zara in the 2nd
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eBknGeXAWJ...400/_rich3.jpg

Sorry - back on topic now!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-08-2013, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Stunning brooch but the pix of Queen MAry are lovely - even if she has decided to wear ..mmmm .... 10% of her jewellery in one go.

Can see the likeness to HMQ in 1st pix, but I can see Zara in the 2nd
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eBknGeXAWJ...400/_rich3.jpg

Sorry - back on topic now!
Yes I see what you mean,Queen Mary sure liked to wear them!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I would think a pendant in another gem to interchange with the dangling pearl would really enhance that brooch.
Completely with you!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Mary was such a magpie when it came to gems; she sure loved wearing nearly the contents of the royal vault in one go!
Old 11-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Commoner

QEII Brooch question

As I have previously mention, I have been updating my brooch summary. I am not as diligent as some of you and track each wearing - not as easy to do here in Canada I think. However, I stand at about 152 brooches with photographic back-up and another 10 that I have been mentioned or written about but for which I have not been able to secure a photo. A couple I have actually seen on-line but could not capture a picture of such as the Cork Butter Exchange Brooch and the 1960 Perth Bridge Opening brooch. My total does not include any badges which I have been tracking separately.
Anyway, this is one of my "TBD - to be determined" brooches and I was wondering if anyone had any insights into it. Thanks in advance for any details you may have. I realize it is not the best picture from the 1970's but what intrigues me is what appears to be a colouful top and white bottom to the brooch. Maybe it is even 2 separate items. Any thoughts??
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
As I have previously mention, I have been updating my brooch summary. I am not as diligent as some of you and track each wearing - not as easy to do here in Canada I think. However, I stand at about 152 brooches with photographic back-up and another 10 that I have been mentioned or written about but for which I have not been able to secure a photo. A couple I have actually seen on-line but could not capture a picture of such as the Cork Butter Exchange Brooch and the 1960 Perth Bridge Opening brooch. My total does not include any badges which I have been tracking separately.
Anyway, this is one of my "TBD - to be determined" brooches and I was wondering if anyone had any insights into it. Thanks in advance for any details you may have. I realize it is not the best picture from the 1970's but what intrigues me is what appears to be a colourful top and white bottom to the brooch. Maybe it is even 2 separate items. Any thoughts??
I believe this is a better photo, and this one has not been worn very often, but I'm afraid I don't have any information on the provenance of this one. It seems to be a long stemmed flower, made up of a cluster of tiny flower heads.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Courtier

Very pretty.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Commoner

Brooch question - part II

Thanks GillW. I have the picture you sent logged already but I never connected the two. My notes say that this brooch is thought to be a gift from Prince Philip. But, just supposition I've read.
Here is another of my undetermined photos....any thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brooch - aaa 1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	290519  
Old 11-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
Thanks GillW. I have the picture you sent logged already but I never connected the two. My notes say that this brooch is thought to be a gift from Prince Philip. But, just supposition I've read.
Here is another of my undetermined photos....any thoughts.
The only picture I have of this is the same one but mine may be a tiny bit larger, because you can just see that there is a small English rose and a thistle combined in this brooch. But again, it is one where I have no details at all.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Looks like the group of clever people on the Royal Jewels of the World message board have finally sorted the query over the Tay Bridge gift brooch:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: screenshot
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Commoner

Tay bridge brooch

I came across the news reel but could not capture a screen save. I went back and forth re-watching it and made a sketch. It matches Fields description exactly. I am glad that they were able to provide some proof as this has been a contentious issue. Now we will just have to determine the provenance of the other amethyst brooch that is frequently worn
Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Commoner

Tay BRidge Brooch

Great find GillW.
In my over-exuberance I posted here before I reviewed all of the comments of the RJWMB.
Hopefully that solidifies one of your "TBD" photos! Kudos!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Nobility

The picture of Her Majesty The Queen in the dark green coat was taken on 26 April 2002 when The Queen presented new Colours to the Scots Guards. The Rose and Thistle are both born on the Colours of the 2nd Battalion Scots Guards, so I am pretty sure it was a gift of F Company Scots Guards or Regimental Headquarters or so. The picture was taken at Windsr Castle.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The Kent amethyst brooch got an outing yesterday at BP
Old 11-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
The picture of Her Majesty The Queen in the dark green coat was taken on 26 April 2002 when The Queen presented new Colours to the Scots Guards. The Rose and Thistle are both born on the Colours of the 2nd Battalion Scots Guards, so I am pretty sure it was a gift of F Company Scots Guards or Regimental Headquarters or so. The picture was taken at Windsr Castle.

Thanks for this information QE. I will update my notes and continue looking for a better picture. Although associated with one of HM's regiments, I think that I will keep this in the "brooch" category as opposed to the "badge" category as I find it to be more in a brooch-style.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a better view of the Kent Amethyst Brooch worn on another occasion. What a luscious gem!

Tags
queen elizabeth ii brooches, queen elizabeth ii jewellery