The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you - in the pix I saw the whole item seemed shiny and looked like jewellery. I think it would have been lovely to have used a brooch instead - we would have had 2 for the price of 1, so to speak!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Nobility

The brooch worked great with that outfit. She has worn it before with colors that did nothing for the pink of the stone. This one really make the pink pop.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Diamond and Ruby Butterfly Brooch

Very beautiful brooch! I love the rubies.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Majesty

I love it. This piece looks so whimsical to me .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love it. This piece looks so whimsical to me .
Camilla LOVES bug pins - she wears the walking stick brooch and she even wore that odd fishing fly brooch given to the queen a while back. (I'll see if I can locate it in my hoard). Maybe loan it to the DO Cornwall?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cornwall has her own lovely butterfly brooch though so not any time soon.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it just me or did HM not wear a brooch to the hospice in Windsor yesterday? Am I missing something here? Is it maybe on her dress under her coat? It just doesn't seem right .

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Queen Elizabeth II Visits Thames Hospicecare In Windsor To Commemorate Their 25th Anniversary - Zimbio
Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Gentry

It doesn't seem right to me, either. It's almost like she's under dressed.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Majesty

The brooch is probably pinned to her dress or she probably decided not to wear one. I must say though, The Queen is always so put together. I like the color on her.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Nobility

I think The Queen made a good decision here by not wearing a brooch. The faux-fur on the collar and cuffs on the coat are "rich" and chique enough. This outfit was first worn some years ago at Royal Maundy. The Queen has made other "changes" to brooch-wear over the past years; remember that she wore no brooch at The Duke of York's wedding in 1986 due to the fact that she wore a double-strand pearl necklace of which she turned the back clasp (with pearl) to the left side front, and so it would be too much to wear a brooch on her lapel. Years ago, she choose to wear her brooch to her right side instead of the left side, because the cut of her jacket would make it heavy to wear it there. So I think the Queen really "decides" whether a jewel is appropriate on the outfit.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Commoner

The Queen's Diamonds book

I splurged and bought it - let me know if anyone wants something looked up! It is the most beautiful book I've ever bought! Thick thick pages, amazing photos, and the best...it smells like a book store!!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Commoner

Anyone know these brooches?

I can't really see them very well. It's from the Queen's visit to The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment on Nov 27.

Jewels Queen's Brooches / Nov 27 visit to The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment - brooches?

And might I add that I love her in purple!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Nobility

I have a question about the picture linked. How difficult was it to get the Cullinan I & II out of the Tower and out of their settings to wear for a photo? She did this several times. Any idea what it would take to do it today? The fact that they were not on the tour of The Tower would set off media frenzy. Even at that time, would have caused at least a ripple. The Tower has been toured for over 100 years. Thoughts?

http://www.google.com/search?q=queen...ViVrLQ5kcbwCM:
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I would imagine it's not really all that hard. If the Queen required either Cullinans for whatever occasion, she would just notify her secretary who, in turn, would notify appropriate people and the diamonds would be in the Buckingham Palace (or wherever the Queen is at the moment) in no time at all.

Not seeing the Cullinans (I and II) in the Tower might be a bit of a disappointment for tourists but if those diamonds were really needed, then it would be for some pretty grand occasion so their absence would be understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangoskater View Post
I can't really see them very well. It's from the Queen's visit to The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment on Nov 27.
Jewels Queen's Brooches / Nov 27 visit to The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment - brooches?
Those are two of the Queen's Household Cavalry Badges. The Queen is Colonel-in-Chief of Blues and Royals and the Life Guards and, when inspecting Household regiments, she usually dons those. The one with the crown is that of Blues and Royals Badge and the other one is the Life Guards Badge.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Household Cavalry Regimental Badges
Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Royal Jewels / Queens' Bridge Amethyst Brooch from Great Britain is one I think... ?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Nobility

Love amethyst, but not a fan of that brooch. The Aquamarine Parure in amethyst would be amazing. Only semi-precious stones could be possible knowing the size of the emerald cut aquamarines.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Sapphire Chrysanthemum Brooch

This brooch is very beautiful! Love the unique design.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Drool-worthy!
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Bank of England
Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Nobility

It looks like a magnificent diamond headdress upside down.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The Queen in the blue Albert sapphire brooch when she visited No 10 today for a Cabinet meeting.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii brooches, queen elizabeth ii jewellery