Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking the brooch HM has on today (in white, yellow and pink gold) is the one used in Paris as well? Also, was there any information in the public domain as to its provenance?
Yes. No.

QE2 purchased some Andy Warhol prints of herself, at great expense, in the last few years. So, I don't think she has a propensity to avoid abstract art of herself. It says a lot that she was not thrilled by the portrait.

The collection of Queen to the brooches is AMAZING. I just hope Camilla and Kate wore this brooches when Queen is not with us anymore.

The collection of Queen to the brooches is AMAZING. I just hope Camilla and Kate wore this brooches when Queen is not with us anymore.

I am sure Camilla will put the brooches to good use!

The brooch worn today during the visit to Chadwell Heath Community Centre:
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh during a... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Is this one of her known pieces?

I don't know much about jewelry, but i think it is this brooch.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Opal Spray Brooch
Don't quote me on this, but the brooch in picture 2 looks different than the brooch in picture 1. The brooch from today is gorgeous!

In my eyes both pics are the same brooch, and I think it is the one worn by Queen Elizabeth today.

She doesn't often wear opals, but I like the colour range of the stones in this brooch. And It matches well with the colour of today's coat.

Does anyone know of anything ever being written in depth about the various appeals for funding these "women's" and "girls" gifts of jewels? Everything I have ever read made it sound like a very egalitarian effort (at least to my reading). But I rather suspect it had much more to do with local nobles and gentry and larger gifts of money. Anyone know of any sources on this?
If not, and if you had access to the right letters and records (like lists of donors), it would make a great book, maybe. :flowers:

I love the Hampshire brooch. Unique with large diamonds and the one pearl.

Its a beautifulpiece but its just so different. It needs a modern dress or something.

That is really one of the most beautiful brooches she owns! What a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom