The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2010, 06:06 AM

Queen Elisabeth's jewelleries

I just saw a closed thread about the jewelleries of Queen Elisabeth.a member called QueenElisabeth was asking for help for the ''tulip broche'' which had been given as a gift by the Turkish President when Queen Elisabeth visited Turkey in 2008.This ''tulip broche'' is a design and production of BİRİZ JEWELLERY.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Nobility

Thank you tanzanite for the detail.

I have another "additional" detail about the Paisley brooch worn by The Queen for the last time on the tree-planting ceremony in Bermuda. It was one of the brooches of the late Queen Mother; and I think she wore it on her black mourning dress and under the veil when she, the present Queen and Queen Mary stood at the Westminster Hall to see the coffin of King George VI depart. I think it was the Paisley.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Courtier

RAF Marham 2nd Feb 2010

RAF Marham - MAYZ Marham Youth Zone

HM visiting the RAF station earlier this week - wearing another brooch from her late mother, for the first time.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The brooch looks interesting, do we have a close-up maybe?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

From what I can see of the brooch, it looks very nice.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Commoner

Looking though old photos I saw this brooch that I didn't recognise. Does anyone know anything about it, have a better picture, or know if it has been worn recently?

Elizabeth II with Prince Charles Windsor - Rights Managed - Corbis
Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Nobility

This is the only known photo of The Queen wearing this brooch.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Soth African State Visit

The good pictures have yet to come in - if they do - but the first two pics in this MailOnline link are worth a look. The first shows HM full length and the second gives a glimpse of the top of the brooch, worn on the opposite shoulder to the RFOs.

The day polygamist president Jacob Zuma dined with the 'old fashioned imperialists' | Mail Online

Prince Philip is wearing his Garter sash and star etc, HM just the Garter star.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Nobility

The brooch The Queen wore for the State Banquet, what is it exactly?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

It's The Queen Mother's 'foot long' brooch, a present from George VI.
Here is a photo of the late Queen Elizabeth from Ascot 1969 - Getty Images - Royals At Ascot

Bobby
Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

GillW, what brooch The Queen wore today when she 'said goodbye' to President Zuma? I think I haven't seen it before. Maybe it's a new gift from South Africa?.

Thanks in advance.
Bobby
Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

Great archive work digging that 60's pic of the foot long brooch out - I had never seen that one before, it is a biggie (though not quite a foot!) It's a good one for big jewelled up occasions...
Old 03-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
GillW, what brooch The Queen wore today when she 'said goodbye' to President Zuma? I think I haven't seen it before. Maybe it's a new gift from South Africa?.

Thanks in advance.
Bobby
The brooch was a gift to HM from Nelson Mandela in November 1999.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Nobility

A gift from Nelson Mandela in 1999. What is the actual shape of it? Is it a crown or so, suspect this is the first time she has worn it then?
Old 03-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
A gift from Nelson Mandela in 1999. What is the actual shape of it? Is it a crown or so, suspect this is the first time she has worn it then?
This is the third time that I know of. The design is of a peacock tail in assorted stones. I have never been able to trace a clear close up of it. It was first worn to a meeting with Mr Mandela, then again for the arrival on a state visit of President Mbeki on 21 June 2001, then this week.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Nobility

As far 2010 is advancing, we have been treated enermously by The Queen. The emerald part of a stomacher of Queen Mary came out again, the triple ruby rosette brooch from the Queen Mother came out for the first time on The Queen, the foot long brooch, a south african gift from Mandela on the farewell for the SA president, and now on the Commonwealth Observance Broadcast (photograph), she wore something I never saw before. I must confess I don't know anything at the moment about the Queen's brooches, she has worn a lot of surprises.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Courtier

From the few photos I've seen of the Commonwealth broadcast at this moment it looks like it might be the Greater Nizam Rose brooch
Old 03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
From the few photos I've seen of the Commonwealth broadcast at this moment it looks like it might be the Greater Nizam Rose brooch
Definitely not the Greater Nizam brooch. The Queen wore a diamond and sapphire brooch from The Queen Mother.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
The brooch was a gift to HM from Nelson Mandela in November 1999.
Thanks for the explanation, Gill! I suspected it has a SA connection, but didn't know the exact story behind the brooch.

Bobby
Old 03-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Prince of Peslav, yes we know that the Queen wore a sapphire and diamond brooch in the form of a set of grapes, but we are talking about the photograph of The Queen in her office wearing the dress of the 2008 Christmas Day outfit and recently again worn at the City of London engagements.

Thanks GillW for trying to help me, but it can be that one, but I have my doubts as well, because when I open it up in Powerpoint, it seems not that round as the Greater Nizam.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii brooches, queen elizabeth ii jewellery