Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooch question - part II

Thanks GillW. I have the picture you sent logged already but I never connected the two. My notes say that this brooch is thought to be a gift from Prince Philip. But, just supposition I've read.
Here is another of my undetermined photos....any thoughts.

Attachments

• Brooch - aaa 1.jpg
    Brooch - aaa 1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 251
Thanks GillW. I have the picture you sent logged already but I never connected the two. My notes say that this brooch is thought to be a gift from Prince Philip. But, just supposition I've read.
Here is another of my undetermined photos....any thoughts.

The only picture I have of this is the same one but mine may be a tiny bit larger, because you can just see that there is a small English rose and a thistle combined in this brooch. But again, it is one where I have no details at all.:flowers:

Tay bridge brooch

I came across the news reel but could not capture a screen save. I went back and forth re-watching it and made a sketch. It matches Fields description exactly. I am glad that they were able to provide some proof as this has been a contentious issue. Now we will just have to determine the provenance of the other amethyst brooch that is frequently worn

Tay BRidge Brooch

Great find GillW.
In my over-exuberance I posted here before I reviewed all of the comments of the RJWMB.
Hopefully that solidifies one of your "TBD" photos! Kudos!

The picture of Her Majesty The Queen in the dark green coat was taken on 26 April 2002 when The Queen presented new Colours to the Scots Guards. The Rose and Thistle are both born on the Colours of the 2nd Battalion Scots Guards, so I am pretty sure it was a gift of F Company Scots Guards or Regimental Headquarters or so. The picture was taken at Windsr Castle.

The picture of Her Majesty The Queen in the dark green coat was taken on 26 April 2002 when The Queen presented new Colours to the Scots Guards. The Rose and Thistle are both born on the Colours of the 2nd Battalion Scots Guards, so I am pretty sure it was a gift of F Company Scots Guards or Regimental Headquarters or so. The picture was taken at Windsr Castle.

Thanks for this information QE. I will update my notes and continue looking for a better picture. Although associated with one of HM's regiments, I think that I will keep this in the "brooch" category as opposed to the "badge" category as I find it to be more in a brooch-style.

Update

Back on post # 1267, I asked if anyone had seen a picture of QEII wearing her jeweled Garter on her arm. By sheer luck, I have recently noticed that when HM met with Pope John-Paul II in Oct of 1980 (their most formal of meetings), she did in fact wear her Garter as evidenced by the attached photos. I have also included a pictuire of the May 1961 meeting with Pope John XXIII as HM worn her Garter on this occasion as well. Please let me know if you notice any other instances...I think they are few and far between (unfortunately)!

Attachments

• Orders - UK - Garter - QEII Pope JPII.jpg
    Orders - UK - Garter - QEII Pope JPII.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 540
  • Orders - UK - Garter - QEII Pope JPII 2.jpg
    Orders - UK - Garter - QEII Pope JPII 2.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 562
  • Orders - UK - Garter - QEII Pope JXXIII.jpg
    Orders - UK - Garter - QEII Pope JXXIII.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 370
Those rubies are certainly luscious, that's why I wish HM would bring them out of the vault more often.

A beautiful brooch; the first thing my mind went to was imagining that those lovely diamond drop floral pendants could convert to earrings as a versatile use of the brooch.

Bell flowers? They remind me of lilies of the valley - my mom's favorite garden flower. Thanks for the memory! :)

That is such a pretty brooch. Even though the stones are very nice size it has a daintiness about it!

The Queen and Prince Phillip seemed in high spirits today at an awards ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh were presenting awards for the Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education at Buckingham Palace in London.
The Queen looked radiant and very spring-appropriate in a powder-blue dress with applique flowers around the middle, along with pearls and her favourite diamond and aquamarine brooches.

The Queen wears 18th birthday gift from King George VI and Queen Mother | Mail Online

I will never tire of the aqua clips and I love Her Majesty in sky blue!!! Stunning!

This is, by far, my favourite of all of Her Majesty's brooches - the Wattle Brooch (surprise, surprise!) and it's obviously one of hers, too, as she wears it so often.

AustralianWattleBrooch.jpg

Sprays of wattle are depicted by yellow diamonds, with blue-tinged diamonds signifying the leaves, surrounded by ti-tree diamond blossoms with a single, stunning white diamond in the three centres.

It's a lovely jewel and quite pleasing to know that amongst all of the gifts that she's offered, sometimes we get it right! It was our gift to her on the occasion of her first visit to Australia in 1954.

I am not registered on RJWMB therefore I put my guess about ' the shop brooch' here.

i think it's the Perth Bridge brooch.
HMRoyalfamilyfilmshopbrooch_zpsa726329c.jpg
5f219560925eb0192b16cd3efa1119b2c12255176494873.jpg

I am not registered on RJWMB therefore I put my guess about ' the shop brooch' here.

i think it's the Perth Bridge brooch

I have had a very amateur try, by looking at the few photos available of this Tay Bridge brooch, and (badly!!) using a couple of photo manipulation programs, to create a sort-of impression of this brooch in colour.
Ah, if only we could get a clear, recent, full colour view of it being worn!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/gillweb/TayBridgebroochfalsecoloured_zpsb041803f.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom