Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen received another brooch for her collection from the Prime Minister of New Zealand. It is a blue pearl brooch from a Christchurch company, so something a bit different - there is a picture in the following article:

Stuff

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks so much for those links to the hats (and the brooches they include) - such a useful website - I'd never seen it before! Fantastic X:flowers:

Looks like another new(?) brooch today in Aberdeen. Maybe one of the Jubilee gifts?
Although it may be the triple-thistle (awaiting clear photos)

I love these brooches. They are so lovely, I wish we got to see them more.

brooch mystery (for me anyway!)

I have been updating my brooch catalogue and have come accross this picture. I am unsure of this brooch. :bang: I have been debating whether it is one of HM's diamond and gold rose brooches (Commonwealth Rose or Pink Roses with Bud) or something else. It shows as quite bright gold?? Maybe it is the lighting or angle?? Any thoughts from the experts. SEE PHOTO BELOW

Last edited:
Still :bang: !! Sorry about that. Here's the pic.

Attachments

• brooch - aaa 1cropped.jpg
    brooch - aaa 1cropped.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 271
Spheno,
The brooch from the recpetion is a mystery to me too! I would assume it has perhaps some connection to either the UK or EU parliament. Perhaps a Jubilee gift. I have yet to see a clear picture of it.

It is so hard to read on that fabric. It looks almost... dare I say it...Steampunk from that angle! :eek::ROFLMAO::ohmy:

Beautiful brooch- exquisite colour. Does anyone know if there are other pieces of jewellery in a Royal collection with this stone?

The Queen's Brooch for the christening of her great grandson today -
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
The Queen's wearing a brooch today that was a gift from her parents to mark the birth of Prince Charles in 1948.

We have no picture yet.

On another thread a poster mentioned that HM wore the flower basket brooch to the christening today, the brooch her parents gave her at Charles' christening. Does anyone have a picture

The Queen's Brooch for the christening of her great grandson today - Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m The Queen's wearing a brooch today that was a gift from her parents to mark the birth of Prince Charles in 1948. We have no picture yet.

A lovely way to mark this special occasion . I wonder if Kate would be made aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom