Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is the two tone flower brooch. Although the Flower Basket is my favorite of the everyday brooches.

Oh yes,this is indeed a very beautiful piece and I remember it from the funeral of the late Queen Mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
It 'appeared' when Her Majesty took off her coat inside, and the brooch was on her purple dress.

A Rare Sighting...

Originally posted by Lady Karen in the EIIR Tiaras & Necklaces thread...

Link: La reine Elizabeth II au Windsor Horse Show le 11 mai 2013

HM is wearing the carved emerald Ladies of India brooch, presented to Queen Mary at the 1911 Delhi Durbar by the Maharani of Patiala.
This brooch is very rarely worn but had an outing at the Windsor Horse Show on May 11.

v Ladies of India carved emerald brooch (large)

Attachments

• Brooch Ladies of India or Delhi Durbar carved Emerald.jpg
    Brooch Ladies of India or Delhi Durbar carved Emerald.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 1,382
I was disappointed with the Chelsea Iris Brooch yesterday. Not much sparkle; it looked a bit flat. The shape was fine, but it was just a little mergh.

Here is today's brooch, the Ruby and Gold Flower Brooch:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/23/article-2329631-19F50642000005DC-23_634x458.jpg

The From Her Majesty's Jewell Vault link is here: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Ruby and Gold Flower Brooch

We have seen this brooch a lot this year, and I admit it is growing on me. It's not so great on strong colors, but on this pastel confection the queen is sporting today it looks great.

I always wonder, "why," when see different brooches rotated in to use. It's the bedazzled sherlock in me. ;)

Here is today's brooch, the Ruby and Gold Flower Brooch:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/23/article-2329631-19F50642000005DC-23_634x458.jpg

The From Her Majesty's Jewell Vault link is here: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Ruby and Gold Flower Brooch

We have seen this brooch a lot this year, and I admit it is growing on me. It's not so great on strong colors, but on this pastel confection the queen is sporting today it looks great.
This brooch is nice on dark green too: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Queen+Award+Given+Voluntary+rvX1mjVnDwOx.jpg
One day I hope to see really good close-up of the brooch.

:previous:

Brazilian Aquamarine Brooch
Side view
formal view

thumbnail image forms cropped portion of a larger photograph

Attachments

• EIIR Aquamarine brooch.jpg
    EIIR Aquamarine brooch.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 753
  • Brooch Brazilian Aquamarine & Diamonds 1958.jpg
    Brooch Brazilian Aquamarine & Diamonds 1958.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 810
That aquamarine brooch is very stunning. One of my favorite brooches from HM.

I think this is the first time I've seen this brooch worn. That is a whopper of a stone and an amazing color. It's so huge and you can see how the setting is so wide it juts out from HM's lapel.

I miss Artemisia for her vast knowledge of these jewels. It's a lovely designed brooch.

Well, it gives us a new puzzle to look into. I don't recall QEQM ever wearing anything like this, although I agree that his looks more Art-Deco than it does "modern". How intriguing!

OoS named it The Art Deco Diamond and Emerald Brooch.

I wonder if it came from the Greville Inheritance. Other commentators on the blog think it has an Indian look about it. I don't think it looks quite like Art Deco.

:previous:
There is no consensus on the brooch's provenance.
Whether it's a recent gift, or belonged to the late Queen Mother, or something else entirely is anyone's guess. We simply don't know.

A better image...

Courtesy of and credit to Tamara and Nellie at RJOTWMB

v previously unseen diamond and emerald brooch, possibly of Indian inspiration, provenance unknown.
Thumbnail image cropped from much larger photograph.

Attachments

• Brooch Emerald & Diamonds, unidentified, Ascot 2013.jpg
    Brooch Emerald & Diamonds, unidentified, Ascot 2013.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,285
I just love the different cuts of those diamonds. What an interesting design; very unique. Thanks for the closeup, Warren.

I like the brooch. I like the interesting design, the emerald, and dangling diamonds.

Yes and one poster suggest Princess Haya and her husband. Something typically worn in the turban by Muslim or Hindu princes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom