The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

I have just bought the Queens Diamonds book and it is truly glorious. I would reconnend it to everyone. I dont know if its available in Australia yet but I bought it online from the book depository site which gives free shipping worldwide.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Nobility

Could you imagine if the Aquamarine Parve were in Amethyst? That would be something.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Sunday Brooch: The Guards' Badge

Not one of my favorites but I find it interesting. I love the crown on top, it's very charming!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

That's one of the biggest military badges I've seen; it's just huge on HM's shoulder and it's nicely detailed in closeup.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Courtier

I'm going royal-watching tomorrow, but with this weather HM will probably be in a raincoat, hiding any brooch :-(
Old 06-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

@GillW Have fun. Hope you can made a few photos to share with us.

my website: www.hw-photoall.nl
Old 06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

For today's Garden Party at the Sandringham Estate, the Queen chose to wear one of my favourite brooches - the Sunflower Brooch (also known as the Frosted Sunflower Brooch). There are no eye-popping diamonds or other stones in this one, but I really love the beauty and simplicity of the design.
Her Majesty often wears this brooch with pastels, or with tonal yellow outfits.

Cropped from larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Glad that today was the gold dahlia because there are others I'd prefer to see tomorrow - I was hoping it would not be this one! 1 down 149 to go - I'm hoping for a real WOW moment but I bet its something like the Jardine star, whereas I'd really like to see something more unusual or spectacular!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

It's certainly pretty in style and apropos for the occasion; not one of her knockouts but I like the inward-curving design and naturally the diamonds.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Nobility

It is beautiful, and I think one of those "For a small informal event in the backyard at the country place.". I have heard the she keeps Cullinan 3 & 4 semi-perminantly affixed to her big pink fluffy terricloth bath robe at Windsor for those Saturday & Sunday morning red box paper readings. Has the matching pink slippers with Gold Embrodered Crowns in the top. Occasionally pairs the ensomb with QV Chandilier earrings. I here is something to see,
Old 06-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
It is beautiful, and I think one of those "For a small informal event in the backyard at the country place.". I have heard the she keeps Cullinan 3 & 4 semi-perminantly affixed to her big pink fluffy terricloth bath robe at Windsor for those Saturday & Sunday morning red box paper readings. Has the matching pink slippers with Gold Embrodered Crowns in the top. Occasionally pairs the ensomb with QV Chandilier earrings. I here is something to see,
Hmm - Must be the Swarovski copy that is normally on display at the Royal Gallery at BP, then... ;-)
Old 06-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

What? HM wears Granny's Chips on her bathrobe with chandelier earrings? This is a new one for me!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
I just had a very vivid (and somewhat disturbing) image of the gorgeous diamonds suspended from a fluffy bathrobe.
Thankfully, that is definitely not true. Cullinan III and IV brooch has been on display in the Queen’s Gallery from 2002; it is only taken when the Queen wants to wear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
What? HM wears Granny's Chips on her bathrobe with chandelier earrings? This is a new one for me!
Projects a very vivid mental image, doesn't it? Add the State Diadem, and the image is complete.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Only when she vacuums. I bought my wife's great aunt a cheap tiara somewhere for her to wear when she vacuums because she hates to do it. That was twenty years ago. She still wears the tiara, now plays music, and vacuums when she gets depressed. She now vacuums 3 to 4 times a week. Although she lives alone and has a dog that does not shed.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Makes me want to dump the contents of my jewelry box on myself when drinking my morning coffee!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
Glad that today was the gold dahlia because there are others I'd prefer to see tomorrow - I was hoping it would not be this one! 1 down 149 to go - I'm hoping for a real WOW moment but I bet its something like the Jardine star, whereas I'd really like to see something more unusual or spectacular!
Well, you got your wish: Her Majesty is wearing one of Queen Victoria's Bow Brooches.

Cropped from much larger image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QueenVictoriaBowBrooches.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	285615  
Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Well, you got your wish: Her Majesty is wearing one of Queen Victoria's Bow Brooches.

Cropped from much larger image.
My gosh it was a cold wait!!
This is my photo so I am entitled to share it here:

Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

OMG..Such a beautiful photo! So close to HM who looks glorious! Great job, Gill. You are getting to be an old hand at photographing the Royals. Thank you for sharing this with us minions.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
OMG..Such a beautiful photo! So close to HM who looks glorious! Great job, Gill. You are getting to be an old hand at photographing the Royals. Thank ou for sharing this with us minions. :)
It's been many years since I went to see any royals and I slightly got the positioning wrong today, but I'm pleased with the few photos I did get. It was wonderful to get a glimpse of William & the lovely Katherine too. If you want to see more here is a lovely article:

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook
Old 06-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately, I don't belong to Facebook and I don't plan to. I will miss seeing more of your wonderful photos that you took. :(

Tags
queen elizabeth ii brooches, queen elizabeth ii jewellery