The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Courtier

Has anyone seen a really high quality picture of the little brooch worn to the tea party for the cast of the Diamond Jubilee Pageant at Windsor Castle on May 11 as seen in this photo:
Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Diamond Jubilee Pageant Tea Party - Zimbio

I can't work out what it might be, unless it is a diamond bar brooch. Ideas anyone?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Sunday Brooch: The Centenary Rose

Don't care for this brooch at all! It's not hideous but it's not great to me.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to agree; it reminds me of a piece of petit point tapestry. I never thought I'd have a "meh" reaction to one of HM's brooches, but there's always a first.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just saw a picture of the Williamson Pink brooch in Point de Vue en Images. WOW
they said she will be wearing it this summer?
It is a 24 carat pink diamond set she received as a wedding gift, set in a flower brooch.
I will search for an image
Old 05-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I found an image and it is absolutely beautiful! It will look so lovely on HM this summer. I'd lay a bet that she wears a pastel pink or rose shade with it.

Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion
Old 05-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's another pic of the Williamson brooch; a true showstopper:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image..._brooch_pa.jpg
Old 05-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The Williamson brooch has to be my favorite. The perfect 23.6 carat pink diamond is just breath-taking in it's gorgeous setting.. Awesome!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Williamson is almost painfully beautiful. The pink diamond is obviously a show-stopper in its own right, but Cartier complimented it so well with the setting.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The whole brooch is gorgeous, the pink diamond a real beauty, but I also love the baguettes in the stem and the marquise stones for the petals. I'm drooling as I'm typing.....
Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for all the images, especially the Royal Collection one.I can't wait to see it on HM
Old 05-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Courtier

The Williamson Pink has long been top of my favourites. That pink diamond is breathtaking and when I saw it on display a few years ago, the colour reminded me of a a pale sweat-pea flower. I'm REALLY hoping that the Palace will be selling replica brooches this summer when I visit. I already have their copy of the Australian Wattle and the Flame Lily which are both perfect copies.

PS - my copy of The Queen's Diamonds arrived today - and includes the most gorgeous photo of the Williamson Pink. Of course just about every other page is stunning too. Glad I took advantage of Amazon's amazing price offer to get my copy.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

After re-reading the article about the Williamson Pink, I realized that they were saying we could see the brooch this summer as in it would be "shown" this summer, meaning exhibited! A diamond exhibit called Diamonds, a Jubilee Celebration will be at Buckingham Palace, and many of HM major diamond pieces will be on view!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
The Williamson Pink has long been top of my favourites. That pink diamond is breathtaking and when I saw it on display a few years ago, the colour reminded me of a a pale sweat-pea flower. I'm REALLY hoping that the Palace will be selling replica brooches this summer when I visit. I already have their copy of the Australian Wattle and the Flame Lily which are both perfect copies.

PS - my copy of The Queen's Diamonds arrived today - and includes the most gorgeous photo of the Williamson Pink. Of course just about every other page is stunning too. Glad I took advantage of Amazon's amazing price offer to get my copy.
Lucky you on two counts: that you have replicas of two of HM's brooches and for getting that amazing book. I can only imagine how beautiful the photos of those brooches must be. And have you actually worn those brooches, or do you keep them in your own "royal vault"?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Lucky you on two counts: that you have replicas of two of HM's brooches and for getting that amazing book. I can only imagine how beautiful the photos of those brooches must be. And have you actually worn those brooches, or do you keep them in your own "royal vault"?
I have worn them indeed, but I'm always sure to use a safety chain too just in case the clasp comes undone. I keep them for very special occasions. I already have tickets for the exhibition at Buckingham Palace and will be going on 5th August.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Gentry

I can't quite see; is today's luncheon brooch the Cambridge pearl brooch?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You are right, the Queen was wearing the Cambridge Pendant Brooch.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I believe it's the Cambridge pearl drop

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Sunday Brooch: The Cambridge Pearl Pendant

http://i47.tinypic.com/b4b9t5.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cqkz6u.jpg
Old 05-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

And at the Jubilee Parade, the Queen wore her magnificent Paisley brooch from the QM:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hCHUpPS7oV...EcFqMKkRel.jpg
Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

For me, the paisley brooch rivals the Williamson brooch as HM's most beautiful. It is just perfectly formed.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

It is such an unusual shape, isn't it? I just love how it swirls outward at the tip.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii brooches, queen elizabeth ii jewellery