The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The Queen wore another stunning piece for yesterday's Easter Mattins Service in Windsor Castle.
This pearl and diamonds brooch is just stunning, one of my favourites of Her Majesty.

Cropped from much larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Found out that's the Cambridge Pearl Pendant:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Sunday Brooch: The Cambridge Pearl Pendant

Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
I believe this one was a wedding gift to the Queen. It's roughly just inside her top 20 favourites, so if you look out you will see it a few times each year - often on red or pink outfits, due to the rubies it includes.

This is one of three unnamed ruby brooches in her collection. I do like it very much.

We had a gentleman come in briefly on the Forums about a year ago. His grandfather or granduncle is thought to have made this brooch in London's jewelry district (can't remember what the district is called). He posted the original sketch. I attempted to look for the thread with his conversation, but the Forums internal search engine didn't pick up anything.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Gill can you tell us what the count/number is at present for her brooches and have you included the brooches from her mother in the count.
I have 131 brooches recorded as being worn. There may be others of course, over the years. I only count those where I have photo evidence of them being worn, so only the those from the QM that have been worn by HM are included in my count. Sorry to say that my full "wearing data" is a little behind at present but I'm planning on catching up to date soon. Can't miss all those that will appear in this busy Jubilee year, so I'd better get on with it!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I t is one of my favourites and though it is really very simple it oozes charm.IMO
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Which one is that, bertie? The unusual ruby brooch or the Cambridge pearl pendant?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Thanks for digging out information on this beautiful piece!
It's one of my favourite brooches of Her Majesty; the pearls in particular are simply gorgeous.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree Artemesia, there is something about those pearls. Size Quality and Simplicity that makes this a stunning brooch IM eyes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
I have 131 brooches recorded as being worn. There may be others of course, over the years. I only count those where I have photo evidence of them being worn, so only the those from the QM that have been worn by HM are included in my count. Sorry to say that my full "wearing data" is a little behind at present but I'm planning on catching up to date soon. Can't miss all those that will appear in this busy Jubilee year, so I'd better get on with it!

Thanks very much for that Gill. Pleased that somone is keeping count. I never know whether to count the pairs such as the Aquamarine clips as one or two.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Two for the price of one! I'd probably count the clips as a pair, though.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Thanks very much for that Gill. Pleased that somone is keeping count. I never know whether to count the pairs such as the Aquamarine clips as one or two.
I count that pair as one, but if ever one alone was worn I'd make a special note.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Baroness the Cambridge sorry I totally love it ....
Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Thanks for digging out information on this beautiful piece!
It's one of my favourite brooches of Her Majesty; the pearls in particular are simply gorgeous.
You're welcome! I'm such a magpie; I love glittery stuff and like researching it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Baroness the Cambridge sorry I totally love it ....
It's such a classic pearl and diamond brooch, but the size of the pearls are amazing.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Many thanks for all your help Gill. My count is about 20 brooches short of yours. I suspect I don't have all of her insignia brooches counted properly. Gosh it is such a job keeping track of them all. Must be just as difficult for whoever looks after all her jewels keeping track of them and sending them away for cleaning and maintenance.
No doubt they have a very foolproof system.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Queen's Top 10 Diamonds: #10. Victoria's Fringe Brooch

This is an exquisite brooch! It's such a stunning design.One of my new favorites!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Courtier

Agreed. This beautiful brooch has long been on my list of favourites and I was thrilled when HM wore it. I wish we could see it more often. I hope it appears on a day outfit sometime in this Diamond Jubilee year.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I hope she will, GillW.
That's one truly stunning brooch and deserves to make an appearance during jubilee celebrations.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful; I can only imagine how those diamonds must shimmer as the strands move. And I love to see the portraits of all the past queens wearing this brooch as well.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Queen's Top 10 Diamonds: #8. The Australian Wattle Brooch

I this this is a very unique brooch! I love the yellow diamonds! I think it's a very regal and beautiful brooch.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

It is quite beautiful; I love the variations of design along with those luscious yellow diamonds.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Another beautiful brooch from Her Majesty.
I love pearls so much and these are just gorgeous!

Cropped from a larger image an constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	284740  

Tags
queen elizabeth ii brooches, queen elizabeth ii jewellery