Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baroness the Cambridge sorry I totally love it ....

Thanks for digging out information on this beautiful piece! :flowers:
It's one of my favourite brooches of Her Majesty; the pearls in particular are simply gorgeous.

You're welcome! I'm such a magpie; I love glittery stuff and like researching it!

Baroness the Cambridge sorry I totally love it ....

It's such a classic pearl and diamond brooch, but the size of the pearls are amazing.

Many thanks for all your help Gill. My count is about 20 brooches short of yours. I suspect I don't have all of her insignia brooches counted properly. Gosh it is such a job keeping track of them all. Must be just as difficult for whoever looks after all her jewels keeping track of them and sending them away for cleaning and maintenance.
No doubt they have a very foolproof system.

Agreed. This beautiful brooch has long been on my list of favourites and I was thrilled when HM wore it. I wish we could see it more often. I hope it appears on a day outfit sometime in this Diamond Jubilee year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope she will, GillW.
That's one truly stunning brooch and deserves to make an appearance during jubilee celebrations.

Beautiful; I can only imagine how those diamonds must shimmer as the strands move. And I love to see the portraits of all the past queens wearing this brooch as well.

It is quite beautiful; I love the variations of design along with those luscious yellow diamonds.

Another beautiful brooch from Her Majesty.
I love pearls so much and these are just gorgeous!

Cropped from a larger image an constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Those pear-shape pearls are stunners and the mixture of diamond baquettes, squares and rounds are really gorgeous and give the design such texture. The piece is not only beautiful, but really interesting to look at.

The pearl and diamond brooch seems like it's art deco period to me.

It does look art deco and almost like a mini-belfry with the pearls.

I'll take "chips" these size any day. You have to love the royal definition of "chips"!;)

Last edited:
Any particular reason the Cullinan's are being discussed in the British jewels of the past thread? Mods, could you please move to the appropriate thread, thank you.

I love the cullinan marque cut diamond pendant on the brooch!

This brooch is certainly a beauty, it has a sort of antique look to it and the large one only reminds me of Queen Mary.

The Queen is positively spoils me lately.
For the first two days of her tour of Wales, Queen Elizabeth wore two of my favourite brooches.

During the first day, she opted for the beautiful Jardine Star. The Jardine Star, a gift from Lady Jardine, is one of Her Majesty's favourite brooches.
For the second day, she wore even a grander piece - the aquamarine and diamond clips. Better known as the Cartier Clips, they are also firm favourites. The Cartier clips were eighteenth birthday present to Princess Elizabeth from her parents George VI and Queen Elizabeth in 1944.

Cropped from larger images and constitute less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Those clips would look gorgeous worn either side of a square or sweetheart neckline.

I love them all and which one would I wear first I think ..... Granny's Chips ... is that what they are called ??? TOTAL LOVE.

The True Lover's Knot brooch doesn't look exceptional on its own, but when worn appropriately, it is quite stunning.
I do love the design and the craftsmanship a lot.

bertie5252003
- couldn't agree more.
Granny's Chips are probably everyone's favourite; simple, beautiful design, plus a LOT of carats (total of 158) to speak for themselves. Who would say no to those? :rolleyes:

Did anyone recognise the brooch Queen Elizabeth wore today?
Looks like an amethyst and diamond brooch to me, and although I'm fairly certain it's not a new one, I've never seen it before.

Cropped from larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
That's a lovely piece and those stones do look like amethysts; either it's new or she's pulling out never-seen brooches from the collection.

:previous:
Just found more information about the brooch.
It's apparently called the Amethyst Bouquet Brooch. The brooch contains seven amethyst buds, white and yellow ferns and grass, along with twelve pearls from River Tay. It was presumably given to Her Majesty in 1960 after opening the Queen's Bridge in Scotland.

I'd never seen the brooch before so I assume she wears it very rarely; shame, because it's really beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom