Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
It's possibly both, a jewel and a pin...a lightly-jewelled hat pin, with precious or sem-precious stones. Who knows? We probably never will. :D

I don't think she was - that was an old photo attached to the press article.
However, on her gown for tonight's dinner there appears to be a new jewel which I don't recognise at present.

To me it looks like a diamond harp?

To me it looks like a diamond harp?

Certainly seems to be a new diamond harp brooch. Not something I recall ever seeing before so another ofr hte collection I think!

Certainly seems to be a new diamond harp brooch. Not something I recall ever seeing before so another ofr hte collection I think!

I've never seen this either, one newspaper described it as a brooch made of Swarovski crystals. This must be a new addition, perhaps a gift from the Irish President? I honestly don't know.:ermm:

:previous:HM's brooch looks like the top part of Queen Mary's brooch that used 2 of the Cambridge emeralds. Can anyone confirm?

it looks a little too big for that, but maybe someone else knows for sure?

Can anyone identify the brooch she wore during her visit to Trinity College on 17 May? Here's a photo.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Alyend. It is impressive. Is that a jewel of some kind in her hat or is it just a large pin to hold the flowers in her hat?

I am not sure whether the following observation actually takes the discussion any further forward, as it is of couse speculation, but I have now had the opportunity of discussing this with a friend who went to the Newmarket Visit and she tells me that from her own observations, it APPEARED that the 'flowers' decoration on HM's hat was actually 'added' and that it was mounted on a form of 'stick pin', which was secured by the 'silver blob' that you can see. The Hat itself was apparently entirely blue, with its integral decoration being the 'blue bow-type that you can see. The flowers that had been added in fact echo the colours just visible in the Queen's dress......[which means, I suppose, that consistent with the Queen's desire for economy, she could then appear with a new decoration on the hat to reflect the colours of another dress.

Please take a look again at the photo and hopefully you will see what my friend means....

Alex

it looks a little too big for that, but maybe someone else knows for sure?

Can anyone identify the brooch she wore during her visit to Trinity College on 17 May? Here's a photo.

The emerald brooch is the Cambridge emerald without the emerald drop.

The day 2 brooch is the ruby cabochon brooch gift from Princ4e Philip.

:previous:
This is the gold brooch made by Grima, set with carved rubies.

Last edited by a moderator:
all are very beautiful, and completed with all outfits :flowers:

Thanks for the close-up - lovely!!

This brooch is known as - the waterfall or tassel brooch.

The waterfall brooch used to be worn by the Queen Mother, but I have no sighting of it being worn by the Queen since her mother died - sadly, as I really love it and it would be great to see it appear again - Ascot would be a good chance!

I'm not sure, but I think I've seen it before.

For the Trooping the Color brooch, check the link in post #356. It appears to be the 8th one on the attachment. It appears to be either a diamond military badge or an order of the garter type badge. It seems to have to garter motto around the edge. Sorry my computer skills aren't good enough to attach it here.

Great photo Alyend, that brooch is really beautiful when you get a good look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom