Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That brooch is a leek symbol of Wales. The event was for the Welsh Guards. It could belong to the regiment like the shamrock that Kate sports for St Patrick's day with Irish Guards.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That brooch is a leek symbol of Wales. The event was for the Welsh Guards. It could belong to the regiment like the shamrock that Kate sports for St Patrick's day with Irish Guards.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I am not sure I have seen the brooch previously. Has anybody seen it?

Didnt Diana have a brooch like this? It has some provenance?

Oops. Question answered!!! Ha

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Royal Lancers Badges

original.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't like it that much; to me it looks more like a jellyfish...:ermm:

I have always loved this. With all that pave it must really sparkle in person.

This brooch is wondeful. I wonder why Queen Elizabeth don't wore it much often.

Thank you AdmireUs for this article.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ruby brooch worn by the Queen today is truly astonishing. The mind boggles at what this one brooch is worth.

To think it's just been sitting in the vaults for years. You know your brooch collection is ginormous when you have stuff like this going unworn.

I don't intrested a lot about the broochs but Queen Elizabeth has the most wonderful broochs.

Sundays with the Queen: The Queen Mother's Aquamarine Art Deco Brooch | The Court Jeweller

This is one of my all time favorites from the Queen. It's very stunning and a beautiful color.

Agree although I don't like much the shape...
Weelll, it's the shape that gives it it's name . . . Art Deco, and oh I have serious brooch envy . . .

The ruby brooch worn by the Queen today is truly astonishing. The mind boggles at what this one brooch is worth.

To think it's just been sitting in the vaults for years. You know your brooch collection is ginormous when you have stuff like this going unworn.
Well, it wasn't quite "unworn". It was retained by the Queen Mother after the death of the King and it was one of her favourite brooches. I think the Queen would have found it a little difficult to wear immediately after her death.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-e0PH2elPEvQ/VYDFUQGA5uI/AAAAAAAAf20/xcBShBZQ4qU/s400/_crb3.jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/47...nKzFp+AhYffbXNN6ST0Mke26FCTaSg70hMYMyBG6mpw==

:previous: But, on the diamonds and aquamarines themselves, we can agree, gorgeous, utterly fabulous depth of colour. :flowers:

It is a very beautiful brooch.

I love Art Deco. I think QE2 has some amazing aquamarine Art Deco pieces.

The sapphire from today is amazing!

LaRae

:previous: It is indeed. Prince Albert's brooch is magnificently gorgeous and just plain eye-popping. I can see why it's a pretty regular favourite with HM. The sheer size of the diamonds surrounding the sapphire is awesome. Oh dear, more envy I fear . . .

I loved the sapphire brooch too. I can add amazing taste in jewels to reasons why I admire Prince Albert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom