Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes, they are grand. I'm glad I have the temperment to be able to admire them without longing to own them. The Williamson Pink is just stupendous, not only because it is beautiful, but also because it's the biggest Pink around!

Prince Albert's sapphire is one of the prettiest sapphires I've ever seen. Truly beautiful color.

Last edited:
Pearls! Be still, my heart. Pearls are so classic and can be worn with most anything. This is a true beauty and those diamonds are such a nice size.

Last edited:
That is one absolutely stunning brooch!
I wonder if the present Duchess of Cambridge will ever get to wear it; that would be quite symbolic.

I'm probably the ONLY one who does not like the drop on this pearl brooch, but do DO love the circular diamond pearl top part.

And I love the pearl drop since it elevates the brooch from a simple button design. I wonder if it's detachable, though all the photos show it being worn.

Queen Elizabeth...attended the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service on March 12, 2012 in London.
** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **
Does anyone know what brooch QEII is wearing for today's visit? the DoC's poppies are fully visible, but I can't quite see the inside upper portion of her majesty's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its the diamond paisley brooch. (probably not the official name!)

Indeed it is the paisley brooch that was previously used by QEQM. HM has recently used this brooch a fair amount.

I actually like this brooch when viewed from afar, but up close it resembles a turtle to me (with an extra leg). I can probably see the appeal of a more modern design when you possess a vast traditional-style collection of brooches.

It's certainly different. I suppose a Queen can only have so many diamond bows and flowers eh?

Princess Benedikte of Denmark has one very similiar in style only with green stones. Sorry I don't know how to post a photo of it.

I can see that it looks part of an Indian head dress. Hmmm. :ermm:

Interesting that the Rubies almost seem carved in some way with a design on the face?

They seem like an intaglio design to me, along the lines of an Egyptian scarab.

I Think The Brooch Design Weird But Unique , I Like It Kind Of , Thanx For Sharing Gillw

Does anyone recognize the brooch the Queen wore for today's engagement?
I'm pretty sure I've never seen it before, but maybe one of the experts here could identify it.

(picture cropped from a much bigger one and constitutes less than 20% of the original image)

Attachments

• article-0-124CAE39000005DC-950_634x802.jpg
    article-0-124CAE39000005DC-950_634x802.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Yes this a brooch that Her Majesty has worn many times. I will look back for the provenance .

Don't like it at all! It reminds me of the Grima Ruby.

I love these bow brooches, such pretty, antique designs. I still can't imagine HM loaning one of them to Sarah Ferguson, but given Sarah's interest in Queen Victoria that could have been a reason. Can you imagine these brooches worn as Queen Mary did: with other jewels as pendants dangling from them?

Those bow brooches are absolutely delightful.

I love these bow brooches, such pretty, antique designs. I still can't imagine HM loaning one of them to Sarah Ferguson, but given Sarah's interest in Queen Victoria that could have been a reason.
The loan was made back in 1986, when Sarah was still "breath of fresh air", not "royal embarrassment".
The Queen was initially very fond of Sarah. :)
Can you imagine these brooches worn as Queen Mary did: with other jewels as pendants dangling from them?
No one could match Queen Mary's jewellery-wearing abilities. Ever. :D

Last edited:
Yes, Sarah wrecked a good thing when she had it; think of all the possible times the Queen could have continued to lend her those brooches if she stayed in the family. As far as Queen Mary, no one could ever beat her in jewel-wearing excess!

Very Nice Brooch I Like It , Very Nice Design , Thank you IloveCP :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom