Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dress for the Occasion" was the 2006 summer exhibition, not the new 2010 one...

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised, the Women of Hampshire 'Harebell' brooch, worn on Monday at Buckingham Palace was worn last year as well at a Reception at Buckingham Palace on 15 October 2009 for the Overseas Chief Justices.

The photo I have of this occassion - 15/10/2009 is indistinct. Might you have a clear picture of the harebells brooch please?

If not, how do you know, that it is the harebells please?

Maple Leaves Brooch Canada Visit

From Hello Canada
"........six maple leaves formed from pink and lemon precious stones on a diamond stem. This valuable piece has lain forgotten in the Buckingham Palace safe until it was recently rediscovered. It's thought it may have been presented to Queen Alexandra or perhaps Queen Mary about 100 years ago........"

Now that The Queen resides at Balmoral and the brooch safes are well closed until the next set of events; I would like to add a favourites list for 2010. I don't think the list is complete, because some events did not provide the best pictures.

Gold dahlia: 6
Cullinan V: 5
Paisley: 5
Trefoil: 5
Cartier aquamarine clips: 4
Bow brooch: 4
6 petal flower brooch: 4
Jardine star: 4
Kent amethyst: 4
flower basket brooch: 3

choice of brooches

from Hello Canada
....,with her dresser, Angela Kelly, bringing many of her favourite pieces along....that she lays out three sets each morning, from which the Queen selects her favourite....."

from Hello Canada
....,with her dresser, Angela Kelly, bringing many of her favourite pieces along....that she lays out three sets each morning, from which the Queen selects her favourite....."

Dear charlottestreasure,
I note your statement from interview by The Queen's dresser, Angela Kelly.
Which edition of Hello Canada is this in please?

I have tried to find Hello Canada, and bought the Special Collectors Edition that they advertised, but find it is not 2010 tour of Canada. I feel ripped off, but it is my fault as I supposed that the Special collectors Edition would have been 2010, not anything but.

If you could, might you reproduce the interview for me please?

I too bought the special collector's edition of Hello for the Tour 2010 and was much disappointed as they just had the usual photographs of her life and a FEW of her past Canadian Tours.

The regular edition of Canada Hello covered the tour and had so much in it and so many nice pictures and an article on the Queen wearing her Mother's brooches.

I will try and find it again.

I think The Queen wore a new brooch on Sunday and on the farewell moment with the Governor General at Balmoral. It looks like a gold clustered round frame with a red/pink stone in it?

I think The Queen wore a new brooch on Sunday and on the farewell moment with the Governor General at Balmoral. It looks like a gold clustered round frame with a red/pink stone in it?

This little brooch is one I call the "ruby Albert" because it is similar to the sapphire Albert brooch. I've only seen it worn a handful of times. Here are links to two of the best pics I've seen - but I have no information about provenance.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/gillweb/HMBroochRubyAlbertscan0024.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/gillweb/HMrubyalbertUPPA1994.jpg

The "Ruby Prince Albert" is really very lovely. Such a shame we don't see it often.

Really love the 'rubies'(haha). This looks very old, which I love!!!

Thanks Gill, that ruby brooch is really lovely. I wish Her Majesty would wear it more often. :flowers:

I don't recall seeing this before. Lovely!

Dear charlottestreasure,
I note your statement from interview by The Queen's dresser, Angela Kelly.
Which edition of Hello Canada is this in please?

I have tried to find Hello Canada, and bought the Special Collectors Edition that they advertised, but find it is not 2010 tour of Canada. I feel ripped off, but it is my fault as I supposed that the Special collectors Edition would have been 2010, not anything but.

If you could, might you reproduce the interview for me please?

More of the Hello interview:

"....the Queen is wearing more and more of her late mother's favourite pieces of jewelry.

Over the past six months, the 84-year old monarch has worn well over a dozen of these brooches at state events and on her tours of the U.K. as well as during family gatherings at Christmas and Easter. Most recently, in Canada-a country that the Queen Mother is known to have loved - The Queen continued the tradition, with her dresser, Angela Kelly, bringing many of her favourite pieces along on the cross-country tour.....that she lays out three jewelry sets each morning, from which the Queen selects her favourite....

The Queen Mother would ofen wear Cartier brooches lovingly designed for her by her husband, George VI (following the example set by his great-grandfather Prince Albert, who designed pieces for Queen Victoria). ....

And for the Queen, many of her mother's brooches have, in turn, become much-loved mementoes, much to the delight of her cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson,.....I think it's terribly nice the Queen's doing this. It's a very sentimental idea. I know the Queen is very proud of the pieces her father designed for her mother - and they obviously mean a lot to her....

.....So it's not surprising that some of her treasured pieces are beginning to reappear, some eight years after the royal matriarch's death."....

Dear charlottestreasures,
Many thanks for finding this interview and reproducing it here.
Is it possible to buy a copy of HelloCanada that the interview appears in please? If you could, I would pay you for it plus postage.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for finding this interview and reproducing it here.
Is it possible to buy a copy of HelloCanada that the interview appears in please? If you could, I would pay you for it plus postage.
Thanks in advance.

I did send a 2nd message, and fear it may not have reached you.

I am most interested if you can obtain a copy of Angela Kelly interview in a HelloCanada edition please.

The Queen has worn 3 different brooches in the last 3 days, for Investiture, receiving Ambassadors and Audiences.
Thanks to Iceflower.
The brooches ar1. small basket of flower2. pair of aquamarine clips
3. large carved emerald brooch

Thanks Muriel for info. I don´t like the necklace.

Detail the necklace
Brooch that QEII wore during welcoming ceremony at Windsor Castle
pic

That brooch is so beautiful....delicate, colorful, and in gold. I would LOVE to catalog and see all the brooches HM has. The treasure trove in BP has got to be huge to say the least!

The brooch is lovely indeed. That's an interesting suggestion, Lady Marmalade.;) I wonder if anyone knows how many brooches HM has, too.

brooch

The brooch is a 1947 wedding present from Jewellers and Silversmiths of Great Britain. The photo featured gives a wonderful clear view of the different aspects of this ruby/diamond brooch.
My total of brooches for The Queen is 152, so far.

The brooch is lovely indeed. That's an interesting suggestion, Lady Marmalade.;) I wonder if anyone knows how many brooches HM has, too.

My total varies slightly from Joye's but as we have not been able to directly compare lists, I'm not sure exactly why. But there is no doubt that there are well over 100 brooches the HM has been seen to wear over the years. A number of people on these boards do keep track - take a look a the thread all about the brooches for loads of fascinating information.....
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-elizabeth-ii-brooches-2-november-2009-a-25546-14.html

Thank you both for replying, Joye and GillW! :flowers: So one thing is certain, HM has at least 150 brooches! Quite a spectacular collection and these are just her brooches! ;)

On Remembrance Sunday, the Queen wore Queen Mary's Lover Knot brooch, a large brooch which she last wore I think in May 2007 for the State Dinner at the White House. But the fact that she wore it on a day dress is quite superb and it has been a while since that happened. I was happy to see it on her. She looked wauw last Sunday.

Another remark for 2010: I think that the Cartier aquamarine clips are among this year's favourite. She has worn it at least 8 times this year in rapid succession.

On Remembrance Sunday, the Queen wore Queen Mary's Lover Knot brooch, a large brooch which she last wore I think in May 2007 for the State Dinner at the White House. But the fact that she wore it on a day dress is quite superb and it has been a while since that happened. I was happy to see it on her. She looked wauw last Sunday.

The brooch was actually the "Kensington Bow Brooch"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom