Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any information on the sapphire brooch that HM wore yesterday at Ascot would be appreciated.

Royal Ascot - Day Three - Pictures - Zimbio
This is definately wedding present from Carringtons, as proved by Baxter's photo.
It is not the Q. Mary gift, the feather is completely a different shape.
Lovely to see 2 new outfits for day 3 and 4.
So the brooches so far have been
Day 1 Cullinan V
Day 2 Hibiscus Q. Mum Aust. gift
Day Carringtons diamond and sapphire feather
Day 4 pair of aquamarine clips.

I really throught the brooch on Ladies Day was the one from Empress Eugenie. Could anyone help then? So, there are three "feathers" in this style. The one received when opening a bridge in Scotland, Empress Eugenie's feather and the Carrington one. Anyone able to compare it with pics. Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
OK? thank you; then I have to make another page in my database, because I really thought that one was from Eugenie; so it is one presented by Carringtons. And who is that, the Carringtons?

Carrington, the jewellers in London.

Very unusual - HM wore the same brooch two consecutive days (the trefoil) for both Wimbledon and the day before for the Royal Festival Hall.

Yes indeed, I was not able to spot what brooch she wore with Prince William, but as you say, the trefoil. That makes that brooch the one in much use on its fifth wearing since 21 May. It must be one of provenance or special connection, I am sure.

Lovely to see the grapes-with-sapphire bow in Canada - looked beautiful on the bow-patterned white coat. Bet that was designed with that brooch in mind.

What an ugly brooch is the one with the maple leafs. It looks something "chinese" with the pink leafs and I don't like it. It certainly has something to do with Canada.

HM looks terrific, but that brooch is .... UGH.

HM in the white coat and sapphire brooch is stunning, I love her in white and I love that brooch.

The other one seems to be enamel leaves with diamonds surround...hmm, not sure yet...whether its one of my favorites!

i dont recall seeing the Queen wearing this brooch before - has it been a gift for a tour of Canada at some point

On the RJMB it was stated that this brooch was a gift to Her Majesty's mother when she toured Canada so it is part of the QEQM's collection.

On the RJMB it was stated that this brooch was a gift to Her Majesty's mother when she toured Canada so it is part of the QEQM's collection.

I stand corrected this was a brooch that was given to the Duchess of York, later Queen Mary in 1901. Sorry for the misinformation.:ermm:

The Williamson pink diamobd on arrival in Winnipeg, and the paisley diamond brooch of her mother's, later on in the day.

I see HM wore the Williamson Pink on the left on her coat in House, Winnipeg, Canada, but when she took off her coat, she changed it to be on the right hand side - very unusual.

The Queen wore 3 outfits today in Winnipeg.
1. a lavender one out with Williamson pink brooch as GillW says.
2. a lemon top with pink floral skirt and paisley diamond brooch.
3. a blue outfit with Kent amethyst brooch. I found this unusual amethyst and blue outfit.
It was hot, 40C in Winnipeg for the 6 hours The Queen was there.

^ Both brooches are wonderful! Thanks for sharing! :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, we don't see the 2nd one very often. Right?

HM is clearly using a lot of QEQMs broocjes on this trip: the paisley, the shell and the maple leaf brooches.

It was a surprise to see HM addressing the United Nations wearing her aquamarine clip brooches. I haven't seen those in awhile. Also, does she never change pearl necklaces????? It seemed a bit yellow in the light.

She wears the aquamarine clips fairly regularly actually.... Mad Hattery! here at Ascot two weeks ago...

This has been a good one for Lil - she has had a lot of brooches on show, and only a couple of repeats. Am guessing the pink maple leaf brooch was a gift on this trip - and the Jubilee brooch got two outings, but one with the swag - much better like this I think.

Darn it... Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Royal Ascot 2010, Day 4: HM The Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom