Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorites are the Botswana flower brooch, and the new flower brooch at the garden party.

:flowers:HM looks so lovely in the pink outfit and hat! What wonderful pictures of such an important time in our history to honor all the men who died for freedom and peace. May they long be remembered for the greatest gift to us, their lives!

I love the Williamson pink too- except on that outfit it sort of blended in!
I loved her pink outfit.
Just had a look at the Turkish waterfall- stunning!
Stunning photo too- Love her outfit!

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen that Turkish waterfall brooch; it's just phenomenal! HM is like an assembly line with all these magnificent brooches on display, one after the other.

I don't think I've ever seen that Turkish waterfall brooch; it's just phenomenal! HM is like an assembly line with all these magnificent brooches on display, one after the other.

It was only the second time that HM wore the Turkish waterfall brooch. The first time was at the Turkish state banquet in London a few years ago.

The Turkish waterfall/fringe brooch was one of Queen Victoria's brooches and has since passed through the gem collections of all the Queens since then. It is a really stunning piece, and I love it. I wish we could see HM wear it more often.

Oh, I love the brooch she wore at the state banquet!

I don't think I've ever seen that Turkish waterfall brooch; it's just phenomenal!
v Queen Victoria's Fringe Brooch
(aka the Turkish Waterfall Brooch)

Thumbnail image forms a cropped portion of a much larger photograph.

Attachments

• Brooch Queen Victoria's Fringe, some stones given by Sultan of Turkey.jpg
    Brooch Queen Victoria's Fringe, some stones given by Sultan of Turkey.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 198
Thanks for the thumbnail, Warren. The brooch is huge; those diamonds, especially the central one, are jaw-dropping.

Last edited:
It seems so much bigger to me than it did previously. On HM's lovely green coat it is really a very substantial piece.

:ohmy:That just takes my breath away.......it is beyond beautiful! I have never seen diamonds this huge done this way. Unbelievably breath taking!

v Queen Victoria's Fringe Brooch
(aka the Turkish Waterfall Brooch)

Thumbnail image forms a cropped portion of a much larger photograph.

Excellent copies of this brooch are available from the Royal Collection shop. They are just as large & impressive and really make a statement - I get loads of comments & compliments when I wear mine - people love it

The Fringe Brooch Royal Collection Trust Shop

Last week should go down in history as a Brooch-a-pa-loo-za for HM. My head is still spinning! :ROFLMAO:

Last week should go down in history as a Brooch-a-pa-loo-za for HM. My head is still spinning! :ROFLMAO:

I think the message from HM / BP was loud and clear: she is still very much in the game, and knows how to dazzle the French!

Could not help feeling sorry for the Replublique, knowing that we had HM and the DoE, and their Head of State was Hollande!

:previous: Don't see the problem. President Hollande treated HM and Prince Philip with great courtesy and seemed to enjoy their company. Any gaffes he may or may not have made were probably a result of being blinded by the glare of their smiles and her gorgeous, fantastic, stupendous, magnificent (well you get the picture) brooches!

Let's face it, we are biased because we have the biggest guns of all . . . that dynamic duo HM Queen Elizabeth II and her Consort Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh. There isn't a royal state or a republic that could beat that because they are the quintessential royals, they put the "Royal" in Highnesses and the Majesty in royal.

Last edited:
I love the waterfall brooch totally .. just stunning!

I dream of seeing all of HM brooches set out on velvet to veiw. They are almost as stunning as the Queen herself!!

It's a brooch from royal jeweler G.Collins & Sons.

Attachments

• swans1.jpg
    swans1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 279
  • swans2.jpg
    swans2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 218
Could you provide the source for this information?

It was mentioned by the presenters or broadcasters of Royal Ascot during the Live coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom