Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to fill in some gaps in my Brooch log and had a question which I am sure someone out there can answer.
What brooch did HM wear at the state dinner in 1961 with the Kennedys?
It looks to me to be either Albert's Sapphire or the Sapphire Chrysantemum. Can some one shed some light for me. All of the pictures just seem to tease me. Thanks!

Attachments

• Brooch - aaaKennedy.jpg
    Brooch - aaaKennedy.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 248
I have been trying to fill in some gaps in my Brooch log and had a question which I am sure someone out there can answer.
What brooch did HM wear at the state dinner in 1961 with the Kennedys?
It looks to me to be either Albert's Sapphire or the Sapphire Chrysantemum. Can some one shed some light for me. All of the pictures just seem to tease me. Thanks!

This was the Albert brooch, with the sapphire necklace and a powder blue gown. There is a photo in this article, but they have chosen to reverse it (infuriating!! :bang:)
Queen Elizabeth II, our visible link to 60 years of history – Telegraph Blogs

Thanks GillW...I had a hunch you might know! Yes, I too have seen that reversed picture - it seems to be the only one showing-up on-line in colour as well. Oh well.. as long as we know better.
Did you happen to see my post on Page 63 of this thread about that shiny gold brooch worn by the Queen? Do you have any thoughts? At the moment I have it as "undetermined". Thanks again.
p.s. I may have some more posts as I have a few more undetermined brooch sittings.

Not my favourite either but Her Majesty has worn it on a few occasions of late,it must have of a strong sentimental value.

Well, since the brooch was given to HM from her father to mark Charles' birth, it is a nice touch to commemorate the christening of Charles' grandson. But it's not one of my favorites, either.

QEII wearing her Garter

This may be somewhat off-topic for a brooch related thread but I am sure someone may have some information regarding this question - it is sort of jewelery related.
Has anyone seen (or better yet have a picture of) QEII wearing her Garter on her arm as predecessor Queens Regnant and Consort have? You see lots of pix of Victroria, Alexandra and Mary with the arm Garter; a few of Queen Elizabeth but I cannot remember ever seeing one of the Queen.

That turquoise color is great on her. I am not a fan of the all white look that she and Camilla often sport. It completely washes out a silver haired lady, though it makes a great backdrop for colored jewels.

Thanks GillW...I had a hunch you might know! Yes, I too have seen that reversed picture - it seems to be the only one showing-up on-line in colour as well. Oh well.. as long as we know better.
Did you happen to see my post on Page 63 of this thread about that shiny gold brooch worn by the Queen? Do you have any thoughts? At the moment I have it as "undetermined". Thanks again.
p.s. I may have some more posts as I have a few more undetermined brooch sittings.

I did see your other post, but I'm afraid it this moment I don't have any information that might help. Hopefully, like so much else, something will turn up sooner or later...

HM used her Centenary Rose brooch today to welcome the President of South Korea. Unfortunately, it was also the first time I have seen HM's brooch attached crooked. See attached video, when HM is showing the President around the special exhibition of Korean artefacts.

Home - ITNSource News

I would think a pendant in another gem to interchange with the dangling pearl would really enhance that brooch.

Queen Mary was such a magpie when it came to gems; she sure loved wearing nearly the contents of the royal vault in one go! :D

QEII Brooch question

As I have previously mention, I have been updating my brooch summary. I am not as diligent as some of you and track each wearing - not as easy to do here in Canada I think. However, I stand at about 152 brooches with photographic back-up and another 10 that I have been mentioned or written about but for which I have not been able to secure a photo. A couple I have actually seen on-line but could not capture a picture of such as the Cork Butter Exchange Brooch and the 1960 Perth Bridge Opening brooch. My total does not include any badges which I have been tracking separately.
Anyway, this is one of my "TBD - to be determined" brooches and I was wondering if anyone had any insights into it. Thanks in advance for any details you may have. I realize it is not the best picture from the 1970's but what intrigues me is what appears to be a colouful top and white bottom to the brooch. Maybe it is even 2 separate items. Any thoughts??

Attachments

• Brooch - aaa 12 - QEII 1970s.jpg
    Brooch - aaa 12 - QEII 1970s.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 454
As I have previously mention, I have been updating my brooch summary. I am not as diligent as some of you and track each wearing - not as easy to do here in Canada I think. However, I stand at about 152 brooches with photographic back-up and another 10 that I have been mentioned or written about but for which I have not been able to secure a photo. A couple I have actually seen on-line but could not capture a picture of such as the Cork Butter Exchange Brooch and the 1960 Perth Bridge Opening brooch. My total does not include any badges which I have been tracking separately.
Anyway, this is one of my "TBD - to be determined" brooches and I was wondering if anyone had any insights into it. Thanks in advance for any details you may have. I realize it is not the best picture from the 1970's but what intrigues me is what appears to be a colourful top and white bottom to the brooch. Maybe it is even 2 separate items. Any thoughts??

I believe this is a better photo, and this one has not been worn very often, but I'm afraid I don't have any information on the provenance of this one. It seems to be a long stemmed flower, made up of a cluster of tiny flower heads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom