Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those aquamarines are really gorgeous, aren't they? And I agree, they would look great on both Camilla and Kate.

Another gorgeous brooch from the Queen's collection is the Cartier Lily Brooch. Or rather, it would have been gorgeous if it weren't so huge! Jewellery-wise, I'm normally in the camp "the bigger the better" but to be honest, this brooch is one of the pieces I can totally see dismantled in future.

The Queen’s Cartier Lily Brooch
This jewel is the lesser famous of the Queen’s Lily Brooches (the more well-known sister being the Flame Lily Brooch) created by Cartier in 1939.
Ever since Edward VII issued a royal warrant to Cartier in 1904, it has designed many fabulous pieces for the British Royal Family. So many in fact that by 1937 the firm held 589 (!) loose diamonds on behalf of Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother).
Picture courtesy of @Royal Collection and @Hugh Roberts. A smaller version of a much larger image.

Attachments

• 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 344
You know, a jeweler could add some curve to the stem and make and improvement? Where are Alex and Mary when we need them for tips on jewelry reconstruction? ;)

The brooch Her Majesty wore for yesterday's Sunday Service was the somewhat rarely seen larger Nizam of Hyderabad Brooch/.

The Nizam of Hyderabad Parure
The three brooches that now remain from the Nizam of Hyderabad Tiara were originally detachable parts of the tiara. The larger brooch has a diameter of 4.2 cm, while the smaller ones are 3.3 each. All three are in the form of roses pave-set with diamonds.

Attachments

• 52112116.jpg
    52112116.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 392
The Queen wore the Diamond Jubilee brooch to church on Christmas Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
A picture of the Queen wearing the brooch can be found here. :)

I'm not enthralled about the dove brooch, but absolutely love the diamond rose brooch. Thanks for the closeup photo, Artemisia.

I agree the Hyderabad parure was lovely.
Glad to see the necklace survives, and would love to see Camilla and Catherine use it in time.

The Emerald brooch is magnificent,not mad on the stomacher but that could be that there not really worn these days.

Another gorgeous Cambridge brooch. I wonder if the emerald drops are detachable.

Just yummy, those emeralds!

The Queen wore the brooch to church on Christmas Day.

I have seen her wear it several times, and each time it doesn't get any better for me. I think on Catherine, it would be more age appropriate. It just doesn't look age appropriate for HM. Sorry if I offend.

Another gorgeous Cambridge brooch. I wonder if the emerald drops are detachable.

The emerald drop attached to the round brooch was not from the original source and was a gift to the Duchess of Teck from her Father. I attach a photo from the Queen's visit to Ireland when she wore the brooch without its pendant. The photo appeared in the Telegraph

Attachments

• queen-flowers_1900922i.jpg
    queen-flowers_1900922i.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 325
I have seen her wear it several times, and each time it doesn't get any better for me. I think on Catherine, it would be more age appropriate. It just doesn't look age appropriate for HM. Sorry if I offend.

I was referring to the Diamond Jubilee broach certainly not the emeralds.

The emerald drop attached to the round brooch was not from the original source and was a gift to the Duchess of Teck from her Father.
Could you please provide the source of information where you read this?

I do love the amethyst thistle brooch! And the Queen's brooches are what got me addicted to TRF in the first place!

The Grima Ruby, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom