The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Nobility

Post 87 is the New Zealand Fern Brooch given to QEII in 1953. It is made of Diamonds.

Post 107. This is not the New Zealand Fern Brooch. It appears to be a gold feather brooch, worn for about the last 3 to 4 years to Braemar Games. I think it is another new one, not yet identified, and no one knows any of its history.

Signed HRH

Old 05-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Diamonds!

Courtesy "The Jewels of Queen Elizabeth II" by Leslie Field

The Cullinan V Heart Brooch

Old 05-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Nobility

wow. the picture is spectacular!

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 05-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Glitter!

Courtesy Leslie Field "The Jewels of Queen Elizabeth II"

A present to Princess Elizabeth from her parents in 1948 to mark the birth of Prince Charles.

Cartier Flower Basket Brooch

Old 05-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Love the The Cullinan V Heart Brooch. Does anyone have a clue about the total carat weight?
Old 05-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
Love the The Cullinan V Heart Brooch. Does anyone have a clue about the total carat weight?
The Cullinan V diamond by itself is 18.80 carats.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Cartier Flower Basket Brooch
This looks for me not like brooch. It looks like wonderful art!
Old 05-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Nobility

both pictures come from ǧÁúÍø, there was a special report on Queen's fashion&jewels last month for her birthday

williamson pink diamond brooch

lover's knot brooch

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-28-2006, 05:11 AM
Aristocracy

wow. the picture is spectacular! thank you very very very much!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

I love Mary Adelaid Duchess of Tecks pearl corsage brooch and wish the Queen would wear it more often. She wears it against an icy blue silk suit in the Cecil Beaton portraits she had taken with Andrew and Edward when he was a baby and it looks sooooo beautiful. Sigh:) . Think she'd ever lend it to me?!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:44 AM
Nobility

Further to post no.127, have recently obtained further info re the gold feather brooch, worn these last several years to Braemar Games. It is indeed a jubilee gift to QEII from the Braemar Games committee.

Signed HRH
Old 02-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Courtier

"Granny's Chips" brooch of QE II

Hi everyone - I'm pretty new here today, but I wonder if I can ask a question? I've been studying the brooches of Q Elizabeth II and some time ago I stumbled across a picture - somewhere on the net - of the Queen wearing her Cullinan II & III brooch -the one she knows as Granny's Chips. Now I don't mean the Karsh of Ottowa portraits - this was an engagement, and in the photo she was not only wearing the brooch on her outfit, but she was studying a display of her cifer "E II R" sll set out in loose diamonds on a table-top.

Of course, I didn't make any notes at the time as I was searching for something else - if only I could remember & repeat the search!!

Does anyone here know when or where that might be? She was not "young" so I'd say it was sometime during the last 20 years at the most. She very rarely wears this brooch on public occasions, so I would dearly love to find the photo again!

I'd really appreciate any help. Many thanks.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

You could have a look at this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ches-1489.html

and this website:

Royal Magazin - Schmuck Journal
Die Cullinan Broschen der englischen Queen | Cullinan Diamonds

We also have some threads for Queen Elizabeth's jewellery in general. Otherwise your best bet is to wait till Warren comes along, who will probably know what you're looking for and where to find it.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the links on the Cullinan brooches. I have managed to find a printed picture of the Queen wearing Granny's Chips - it was in the book by Sheila Young about the Queen's jewellery, but is an old b&w picture - so earlier than I thought.

I've been interested to read through this thread as I've been compiling a catalogue of the Queens brooches for several months. I DO have over 100 in my list, plus an additional 18 "insignia" type that she wears when visiting regiments etc. I am trying to find out as much as I can about each one, building the information bit by bit.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Granny's Chips
Cullinan IV (upper) - 63.6 carats
Cullinan III (lower) - 94.4 carats

Old 02-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

"Granny's Chips" is QEII's most expensive piece of personal jewelry. The Cullinan I and II are part of the Crown Jewels.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Here's a new one to me - does anyone have any ideas or information on the brooch the Queen was wearing in London today - it's definately NOT the enamelled rose oval which used to belong to the Queen Mother:

http://www.uppa.co.uk/imageset.jsp?i...958&cid=1&gid=
Old 02-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Courtier

I think I've found out what this is! Looking at the website for Draper's Hall I came a cross a picture of "The Master's Jewel" and I'm sure this must be what the Queen's badge/brooch is based on, although slightly fancier (of course!)

Google Image Result for http://www.thedrapers.co.uk/Heritage/pictures/masters_jewel_lrg.jpg
Old 02-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interesting. I don't recall seeing that brooch before, but perhaps someone else will have some more details. It does look like that Draper's Hall brooch, but it'd be nice to have a really good close-up.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Well, good people, having discovered this thread rather late in the game, I must say it has provided excellent, indeed superb opportunities for drooling, foaming at the mouth, gasping in delight and other basic biological spasms to replace the delight I had before I gave up chocolate. Sigh.

Now could you kind and patient people, eduring and induging my many mental disorders kindly rummage around in your various vaults of goodies and haul out a picture of the Williamson pink diamond brooch with the Queen wearing the thing, and in color. None of the pictures I have seen of it are in the least satisfactory nor do they give any real hint of the actual dimensions of the thing. Further the colour appears to be quite delicate. I do know the pink diamond is supposed to be the largest pink diamond in the world at 23 carats, some hunk of rock indeed and in reality I do not doubt downright gorgeous. Cheers.

Tags
brooches, elizabeth ii, jewellery, queen elizabeth ii