Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 1: December 2003-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a reasonable picture (undated) of an unfamiliar flower brooch:
Queen's 'warmest wishes' in Jade note | The Sun |News|Royals

This particular red stones cluster of small flowers is apparently a gift from Prince Philip (Forgive me, I'm not at home so can't access the reference for that) It has been worn a few times and twice with this particular coat & hat.

13-Mar-08 Tate & Lyle, Silvertown, (Because of the angle of the brooch on the coat, I believe this is the actual date)
or
19-May-06 Hayes, Middx

so it could be either of those occasions.

Last edited:
GillW, you are simply amazing. I am a 25 year-old Belgian guy and began researching on The Queen's jewellery only last summer. From this year onwards, I will take a record on The Queen's brooches. Only to be right so far. Could you verify whether I am in the right direction of 'most worn' this year?
Jardine Star: 4 times (Sunday Service 01/02 - Relaunch Royal Website 12/02 - Audience Prime Ministers Australia and Canada 01/04 - Easter Sunday 12/04)
Duchess of Cambridge pendant brooch: 3 times (Ambassadorial Credentials 26/02 - Commonwealth Day Reception 09/03 - Help the Hospices Reception 16/03)
Bow brooch: 3 times opening Dersingham surgery 03/02 - Reception Paralympians 25/02 - Audience US Senator Warner 17/03)

There is one more date for the Bow brooch, on 22 January, at Women's Institute in Norfolk - but otherwise you are correct. Have you listed the other ones apart from the favourites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have a database now consisting all brooches and jewellery she wore this year. I onyl have one problem by describing the brooch she wore for the opening of the Opening of the Royal British Legion HQ at Southwark.

Yes, I have a database now consisting all brooches and jewellery she wore this year. I onyl have one problem by describing the brooch she wore for the opening of the Opening of the Royal British Legion HQ at Southwark.

Ah yes, that 's the one I call the "Gold Knot with diamonds and rubies" - sums it up for me!

Gill W, your description of brooch.

That diamond, gold and ruby brooch is wedding gift no. 907 from The Jewellers and Silversmiths of Great Britian. They describe it as " a gold lace work brooch set with diamonds and rubies".

I've been asked as a request from my Great Auntie to find a picture of a Brooch worn by Queen Elizabeth to Ascot, alll the informaion she gave me was that it was pink possible pink diamonds or topaz. And she has worn it once in 12 years.
If anybody could help me I would be much appreciated.
x

A little hard to know which brooch. There is the Williamson pink diamond jonquil brooch, also The Queen Mother 100th birthday brooch, rose in quartz surrounded by 100 diamonds. Neither seem to fit the 12 year time frame.
In 2007, 1st day Ascot, The Queen wore a pink outfit with a 6 petal diamond flower brooch. Day 3, The Queen Mother 100th brooch.

I have data for Ascot back to 1997, and these are the brooches worn (and frequency): :flowers:

Albert sapphire x 1
Amethyst flower spray x 1
Cambridge pearl with drop x 4
Centenary Rose (The Queen Mother 100th birthday brooch) x 2
City of London x 5
Cullinan V x 5
Flame Lily x 1
Flower Basket x 2
Gold Dahlia x 2
Jardine Star x 8
Sapphire Cabachon & diamond x 4
Pointed petal diamond flower x 1
Grapes with sapphire bow x 1
Shell x 1
Small squarish, blue stones, flower x 1
Trefoil x 3
Victoria's bow x 5
Wattle - yellow diamonds x 2

So I think the only one to come close would be the Centenary Rose, with it's pink central flower, which was worn in 2003 and again in 2005, as most of these are diamonds only.

The Williamson Pink rarely shows up as pink in press photos, and has not, to my knowledge been worn to Ascot (unless it was prior to 1997)

Thank you ever so much for all your help. Data going back to 1997 how observant of you, thank you ever so much for your knowledge. It looks like the Centenary Rose is the right one, you don't happent to have a picture do you?.

Tomorrow I will see Her Majesty The Queen in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle for the Presentation of new Colours to the Irish Guards, hopefully she wears a brooch instead of a regimental one.

http://i41.tinypic.com/mv0lr9.jpg nice picture of the brooch from the Queen's visit to Northern Ireland today

That's the large Nizm brooch from the tiara, isn't it? What a great picture! Thank you, PrincessofEurpe, for sharing. Great clarity--I can totally see the pattern and everything. I fervently hope that the tiara wasn't broken up!

I believe she has a pair of these brooches so they probably are the ones from the tiara. I also think they are from Cartier.

On the second day of the visit to Northern Ireland, we saw The Queen repeating something she did not very often in the past; she wore her Paisley brooch on the right side of the coat (left as we look), instead of the usual left side (right as we look). She once decided to wear no brooch, to show off the clasp of the necklace, on the day Prince Andrew married. But of course now, the reason was that the heavy print on the coat and hat was otherwisely 'damaged' by putting on a brooch. I actually don't like this outfit.

Thank you for posting the picture, PrincessofEurope. It is unusual for HM to wear a brooch on that side of her outfit but looking at the outfit, it's no wonder. I do like this brooch of the the Late Queen Mother's--it is really lovely. I like it better than the other paisley brooch, which looks a little too modern/globular to me.

On the second day of the visit to Northern Ireland, we saw The Queen repeating something she did not very often in the past; she wore her Paisley brooch on the right side of the coat (left as we look), instead of the usual left side (right as we look). She once decided to wear no brooch, to show off the clasp of the necklace, on the day Prince Andrew married. But of course now, the reason was that the heavy print on the coat and hat was otherwisely 'damaged' by putting on a brooch. I actually don't like this outfit.

You'd be surprised how often HM wears no brooch at all (much to my disappointment!!) In my lists to date I have 204 occasions......

For today's outfit, I'd get rid of the "dots" and stick with simply the scalloped border....

that is is fab brooch that she is wearing tonight - thanks for the pics GillW

it is a new one to me maybe a gift from a foreign travel or one from the family to mark an anniversary/birthday

Last edited:
I don’t think that I have seen this one before. Its is a good size, are they diamond daisies- its a very nice pice

Did she take it off the jacket and put the brooch on the dress? It looks as it the brooch is all diamonds but I have been surprised before on closer inspection.

Did she take it off the jacket and put the brooch on the dress? It looks as it the brooch is all diamonds but I have been surprised before on closer inspection.

I believe so - the dress is certainly the same fabric. Unusual to change shoulders for the brooch, however. I don't suppose we'll ever know why...

I DO wish we could see a really good close up - but then how often have we whined that on this board...?
:whistling:

It's a beautiful brooch! It reminds me of something the Queen Mother might have worn. I've been through all of my books and saved photographs and cannot find a match that suits the dimensions--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom