Queen Anne Marie Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do we know of her amazing necklace,was it her mother in laws or from the Danish RF?

Jewels she wore at Alexia's wedding:

The earrings and necklace are amazing! I simply love sapphires with pearls. These are just stunning.

Very nice. I love sapphires too. It's a pity QAM hasn't worn this set in a while.

Jewels she wore at Alexia's wedding:

The earrings and necklace are amazing! I simply love sapphires with pearls. These are just stunning.

Lovely. I presume in its normal life, this is a choker with 3 strings of pearls. For the event, an extra string of pearls at the top and bottom were added.

Lovely. I presume in its normal life, this is a choker with 3 strings of pearls. For the event, an extra string of pearls at the top and bottom were added.

This lovely suite of necklace, bracelet and earrings are costume jewellery and I don't think have been worn again .

Queen Anne-Marie seems to be very fond of the emeralds,its one set that she has worn numerous times over the years.

A couple of screen caps of Queen Anne Marie's jewels at her sister's birthday gala last night:

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 203
A couple of screen caps of Queen Anne Marie's jewels at her sister's birthday gala last night:

The emeralds are lovely, though I think the dress could have been better paired with diamonds and pearls.

Queen Anne Marie wore the same dress, same tiara, same brooch , same necklace but 4 pendants in 2010 (70th birthday) and in 2015 only 3 pendants.
She is always lovely.

The Greek emerald parure is one of Queen Anne-Marie's favorite pieces and I think one which really suits Her Majesty and one which I never get tired of seeing!

I quite like the Ruby Olive Wreath Tiara it was one of Queen Frederica's trademark tiaras over the years and her daughter in law seems to also favour it.

:previous: I also like this tiara very much. Imo the design of this wreath tiara is very balanced, and flattering for the wearer. And olives for a Greek tiara! What more fitting design could there be;)?

Both the emerald and rubis parures are awesome and Queen Anne-Marie wears them well. I'm really haooy that when the GRF left Greece in hurry, they manage to take with them these gorgeous jewels, avoid them to be stolen by the Military Junte and giving the plkeasure to all of ud to see tgem throughout the years.

I think that the King and Queen were allowed to remove things from their home in Tatoi after they had left the country. But I do not know if they took their jewels then or if they were able to take them when they at first left. From what I heard they were only able to take very few things on their flight from Greece.

We are very lucky that Queen Anne-Marie is the sister of Queen Margrethe. Otherwise we would have very, very few opportunities to see Anne-Marie wearing these lovely jewels.

Its been awhile since Queen Anne-Marie had a tiara event!

The Ruby Olive Wreath Tiara has graced the head of so many royal ladies ,including Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, who wore it to the State Opening of Parliament in October 1937.(something I didn't know until I read the above article).

Its been awhile since Queen Anne-Marie had a tiara event!

If I am not mistaken, her last tiara event was her sisters 7th birthday celebrations.

Queen Anne-Marie's tiara events over the last 10 years:

- 2015: Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday: Emerald parure
- 2012: Pre-wedding gala in Luxembourg: Khedive of Egypt tiara
- 2012: Gala Dinner for Queen Margrethe's 40th jubilee: Emerald parure
- 2012: Concert for Queen Margrethe's 40th jubilee: Khedive of Egypt tiara
- 2010: Wedding of CP Victoria & Daniel Westling: Ruby parure
- 2010: Dinner at Fredensborg for Queen Margrethe’s 70th Birthday: Khedive of Egypt tiara
- 2010: Theatre Gala for Queen Margrethe’s 70th Birthday: Emerald parure
- 2010: Wedding of Prince Joachim & Marie Cavallier: Khedive of Egypt tiara
- 2007: Gala dinner for the 70th birthday for King Harald of Norway in Oslo: Emerald parure
- 2006: 60th Birthday of King Carl Gustav: Ruby parure

It appears, that she prefers her other two tiaras. And it's a pity that the Greek royals didn't attend King Carl Gustav's birthday this year.

This tiara is very beautiful!!! And really hope in the future return to the danish royal family!! Because in the greek soon or later this tiara lost!!

This tiara is very beautiful!!! And really hope in the future return to the danish royal family!! Because in the greek soon or later this tiara lost!!

Oh I agree with you, the tiara is exquisite, but if anything it is a Swedish Royal heirloom and an extremely valuable part of Queen Anne Marie's children's inheritance, so should stay with the Greek Royal Family.

The last time that Queen Anne-Marie wore her lovely emeralds was the gala dinner at Christiansborg for Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday in April 2015. It is a pity that the Greek royals didn't attend King Carl Gustav's 70th birthday festivities this year.

Beautiful tiaras!! My favorite the Antique Corsage tiara!

Back
Top Bottom