The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Queen Anne Marie during Prince Nikolaos' wedding festivities:

Original images has been heavily cropped (comprising less than 20% of the original) and are not subject to copyright.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	274850   Click image for larger version

Name:	201.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	274851  

Old 09-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The diamond cross was given to Anne-Marie by her parents for her wedding. It's very beautiful.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

My gut feeling on Queen Fredericka's Diamond tiara is that it was probably used as colateral for a loan to get the Royal family set up in exhile, and once the loan is paid back we will see the tiara returned. Not "sold" per se, but not available to wear either. And because of the financial state of Greece I don't think we'll see it pop up anytime soon.

Concerning AM's emerald parure, was there a different necklace that once belonged to this set? I know the tiara itself can be converted into a necklace, but AM usually wears a diamond necklace that once belonged to her grandmother Queen Alexandrine of Denmark with some of the emerald brooch pendants hanging from it. Even in the early pictures of QAM in the emerald parure she's wearing this necklace. Was there once a different necklace in the set, and if so what happened to it?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Courtier

The parure came to Greece through Queen Olga . Those emerald where her wedding gift from her uncle Nicholas I think . But when Olga received the emerald they were unset, and she kept them this way as long as she has been using them , wearing them in different ways ( the drop hanging from different damond necklaces , the large cabochon emeralds as brooches or pinned to her kokoshnik etc.) The one who had them set by Cartier was Elisabeth of Roumania, that's why the tiara has the E elements on it . I have no idea how many emeralds Olga originally received , but five of the larger ones were set by Elisabeth in a tiara and a few smaller that were used for the corsage brooch, and there were not enough left to from a necklace. Since Olga left all of her Russian emeralds to her grandson King George, we can only assume that some of them were sold during the second exile or tha Elisabeth kept them as a part of her divorce settlement (highly unlikely IMO) This is the photo I have seen which shows most of the Russian emeralds (one drop is missing from the necklace) and I ve counted 7 of the 8 emerald drops, four large emeralds on her corsage (they maust be in the tiara judging from the size) and one smaller on her shoulder five on her necklace and three in her kokoshnik. That's the only necklace I have ever seen with the cabochon emeralds
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2249/yutyu.jpg
Old 12-30-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Oh Boris, Of course I take care of my chocolate intake. It is one of the things that keeps me alive. Now nobody would want that magnificent goodie, Queen Frederika's or Queen Sophie's tiara to miraculously appear on the marvelous head of Queen Anne Marie any more than I would. Nobody would be any happier if our dear Greek friends would come to their senses (????) and restore the monarchy and forget all about this republican clap trap, However to quote a Scots proverb re this splendid and truly glorious bauble: Case NOt Proven. Cheers.
I would want it too Mr. Parkman, and as a Greek, I too wish that your dear Greek friends would come to their senses. There are still people here who would wish the same. Allow me now, as a newcomer to this forum, to wish you and the other friends of the Royal a Very Very Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hello Jewelies,

Can some confirm this tiara count for me?

The Ruby Blinger,
The Emerald Blinger,
Queen Fred's Diamond Tiara(if still in the family)
Pearl Corsage Tiara,
Floral Tiara(?)
Chantal's Fringe Tiara,

Are these all the tiara's in the GRF?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Exactly! that is the count I have as well
Old 12-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks. I forgot to mention my personal favorite though, The Khedive tiara! I was day dreaming the other day, how lovely would it be, after the not so lovely demise of Anne-Marie, if the ruby jewels went to Sweden, the khedive back to Denmark, the Emeralds to Spain, and Queen Fred's to UK. That way the jewels are still technically with "family" and the historic pieces don't get scattered.

I worry terribly about what will happen to the jewels in the future. I know the CP couple have enough money so that they wont need to sell them but eventually they will have too. And anyways, the GRF would have enough extra tiara's laying about to suit an exiled family perfectly. One can only hope...
Old 12-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Floral Tiara(?)
By floral tiara do you mean the one that Alexia wears? Is that tiara known to be A-M's or Alexia's?
Another subject I was thinking of, for Princess Nathalie SWB's wedding next year I expect A-M to loan her the Khedive tiara, but if the wedding is a tiara event one of the Greek princesses will be out of luck because Theodora always wears the Pearl Corsage tiara which leaves Tatiana with no tiara. I wonder if that means either Tatiana or Theodora are going to receive a new tiara, or A-M will lend either the Ruby or Emerald tiara to one of the princesses which I find very unlikely.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
By floral tiara do you mean the one that Alexia wears? Is that tiara known to be A-M's or Alexia's?
Another subject I was thinking of, for Princess Nathalie SWB's wedding next year I expect A-M to loan her the Khedive tiara, but if the wedding is a tiara event one of the Greek princesses will be out of luck because Theodora always wears the Pearl Corsage tiara which leaves Tatiana with no tiara. I wonder if that means either Tatiana or Theodora are going to receive a new tiara, or A-M will lend either the Ruby or Emerald tiara to one of the princesses which I find very unlikely.
Alexia's tiara wasonly worn by herself and no other Family member.
In the unlikely case that Nathalie's Wedding is white tie Theodora or Tatioana could also borrow the circle tiara from Princess Irene. If and big if Anne-Marie would lent the rubies or the emeralds to one of her daughter-in-laws i think to Marie-Chantal as the wife of the heir but that would not help in this case.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I forgot about Alexia's tiara! But is there not another floral tiara in the collection or did I just dream that up?
Old 12-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I forgot about Alexia's tiara! But is there not another floral tiara in the collection or did I just dream that up?
Marie-Chantale wore an unknown diamond tiara at the wedding of Frederik and Mary. But it was never seen again and it is supposed that it was only a loan.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

I still think Queen Frederika's BIG diamond tiara must still be in this family...... I would love to see HM Anne Marie wear it!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thanks. I forgot to mention my personal favorite though, The Khedive tiara! I was day dreaming the other day, how lovely would it be, after the not so lovely demise of Anne-Marie, if the ruby jewels went to Sweden, the khedive back to Denmark, the Emeralds to Spain, and Queen Fred's to UK. That way the jewels are still technically with "family" and the historic pieces don't get scattered.

I worry terribly about what will happen to the jewels in the future. I know the CP couple have enough money so that they wont need to sell them but eventually they will have too. And anyways, the GRF would have enough extra tiara's laying about to suit an exiled family perfectly. One can only hope...
Actually, the Khedive would also go back to Sweden as it originally belonged to Queen Ingrid's mother, Margaret of Connaught, who received it as a present from the Khedive of Egypt. Crown Princess Margaret had a VERY large collection of jewels.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Serene Highness

I really do hope that Frederikas large diamond tiara exists, but I highly doubt it. Anne Marie and Constantine and there kids attend so many events and are always wearing the same jewels, I'm sure if Anne Marie had that tiara she would flaunt it!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone have a picture of her engagement ring?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Majesty

i bit bored and found a few god photosof dirrent tiaras
here e have the Khedive tiara
Old 11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Majesty

i do not know if you have seen this post

Royal jewels: The Egyptian diadem
Old 12-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Top 15 Tiaras: #10. The Khedive of Egypt Tiara

This is one of my favorite tiaras!It has such a unique design.Gorgeous and timeless.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

^ It's awesome indeed. Is this the one they all wear at their weddings?

Tags
anne marie, greece, jewellery, queen anne marie