The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2014, 05:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Well, we definately have seen one tiara on CP Marie-Chantal, which has never been worn by Queen Anne-Marie...... and this was the sudden re-appear of the huge Diamond Tiara of Queen Frederika.
Bye Bine
Quite right. That said, for a former Queen, A-M does have a pretty impressive haul of jewels.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Well, we definately have seen one tiara on CP Marie-Chantal, which has never been worn by Queen Anne-Marie...... and this was the sudden re-appear of the huge Diamond Tiara of Queen Frederika.
Bye Bine
Yes that is indeed true,I'm wondering if there are any more long forgotten jewels belonging to the late Queen Frederika gathering dust!

Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes that is indeed true,I'm wondering if there are any more long forgotten jewels belonging to the late Queen Frederika gathering dust!
There can't be that many jewels of Frederika left, as she had to sell some of them during the years of exile.
But maybe the circle tiara that seems to belong to Princess Irene, and which was once worn by Infanta Elena, will surface again. Though I don't think that it will go to Pavlos and MC. They'll probably get the bulk of the important jewellery, especially the ruby and emerald parures.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
There can't be that many jewels of Frederika left, as she had to sell some of them during the years of exile.
But maybe the circle tiara that seems to belong to Princess Irene, and which was once worn by Infanta Elena, will surface again. Though I don't think that it will go to Pavlos and MC. They'll probably get the bulk of the important jewellery, especially the ruby and emerald parures.
THe Greek RF may consider the creation of a foundation or trust to house the collection.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
THe Greek RF may consider the creation of a foundation or trust to house the collection.
Why? There are their own jewels, they can wear them as long they like, the family is very close to all the other european toyals, and always invited to all the royal gatherings. Why they should put their collection into a foundation?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Why? There are their own jewels, they can wear them as long they like, the family is very close to all the other european toyals, and always invited to all the royal gatherings. Why they should put their collection into a foundation?

To protect the jewel collection from being dispersed by inheritance and eventually sold off when the new owners hit on hard times as has happened over and over again in the last few decades.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=JR76;1705352]To protect the jewel collection from being dispersed by inheritance and eventually sold off when the new owners hit on hard times as has happened over and over again in the last few decades.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE

I understand, but even if they sell some it will be by need, and in this case, jewels will be useful to their owners. And by the way, do not worry, Marie-Chantal is rich enought to buy them, and they will stay into the family..
Old 09-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Majesty

[QUOTE=fandesacs2003;1705355]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
To protect the jewel collection from being dispersed by inheritance and eventually sold off when the new owners hit on hard times as has happened over and over again in the last few decades.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE

I understand, but even if they sell some it will be by need, and in this case, jewels will be useful to their owners. And by the way, do not worry, Marie-Chantal is rich enought to buy them, and they will stay into the family..
if the jewels were split amongst the 5 children, and then again to the grandchildren of the current king and queen, there will be very little of the collection left in 20- 30 years
Old 09-24-2014, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=muriel;1705442]
Quote:

if the jewels were split amongst the 5 children, and then again to the grandchildren of the current king and queen, there will be very little of the collection left in 20- 30 years
On the other hand all the children of the King and Queen are regularly invited to Danish tiara events. It would be strange to leave all the jewels to Pavlos, and let the other ladies (except Alexia who has her own tiara) attend bare headed. A foundation that provides access to the jewels to all the members would be a solution.

If Pavlos inherited all the jewels and other artefacts personally, he'd have to pay enormous inheritance tax. The tax might be so high that even MC's inherited wealth can't prevent the sale of some stuff.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Majesty

[QUOTE=Tilia C.;1705603]
Quote:
On the other hand all the children of the King and Queen are regularly invited to Danish tiara events. It would be strange to leave all the jewels to Pavlos, and let the other ladies (except Alexia who has her own tiara) attend bare headed. A foundation that provides access to the jewels to all the members would be a solution.

If Pavlos inherited all the jewels and other artefacts personally, he'd have to pay enormous inheritance tax. The tax might be so high that even MC's inherited wealth can't prevent the sale of some stuff.
I don't think Pavlos inheriting all the jewels is the solution. If the King and Queen are keen on keeping the collection together and allowing all the children and grandchildren access to them in time, a trust or a foundation may be one of the only ways of achieving the objective and preventing the collection being completely fragmented.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What happens to the jewels in the future will be interesting and I had wondered about the Greek circle tiara it hasn't been seen in years.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Lucky they have the Danish tiara Events to wear their jewels and Sashes !

The next Event will be the tiara wedding in Sweden , I don't know if the whole Greek family will attend ?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

The Danish Queen will turn 75 in April. Since Prince Henrik's 75th BD had a tiara dinner, I hope that there will be one for the Queen as well. If so, the Greek attendence will probably be more numerous than at the wedding in Sweden.

Queen Anne Marie and King Karl Gustav are first cousins, so I think that some Greek royals will attend. At Victoria's wedding Queen Anne Marie wore the ruby parure, Alexia wore her own, and Tatiana attended as a fiance without wearing a tiara. At Madeleine's wedding Queen Anne Marie and Alexia did not attend, MC wore the fringe, Theodora wore Alexia's diamond tiara and Tatiana wore the antique corsage tiara. So I think that at least two or three Greek ladies will attend Carl Philip's wedding.

What I'd really like to see is all Greek ladies attending the same tiara event. I want to know how they split up the tiaras. The queen usually does not share the ruby, emerald and Khedive tiaras. Alexia and MC have their own, but there is only the antique corsage tiara left for Tatiana and Theodora. What will they do, if Theodora can't borrow from Alexia? I'm too curious to know.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The Danish Queen will turn 75 in April. Since Prince Henrik's 75th BD had a tiara dinner, I hope that there will be one for the Queen as well. If so, the Greek attendence will probably be more numerous than at the wedding in Sweden.

Queen Anne Marie and King Karl Gustav are first cousins, so I think that some Greek royals will attend. At Victoria's wedding Queen Anne Marie wore the ruby parure, Alexia wore her own, and Tatiana attended as a fiance without wearing a tiara. At Madeleine's wedding Queen Anne Marie and Alexia did not attend, MC wore the fringe, Theodora wore Alexia's diamond tiara and Tatiana wore the antique corsage tiara. So I think that at least two or three Greek ladies will attend Carl Philip's wedding.

What I'd really like to see is all Greek ladies attending the same tiara event. I want to know how they split up the tiaras. The queen usually does not share the ruby, emerald and Khedive tiaras. Alexia and MC have their own, but there is only the antique corsage tiara left for Tatiana and Theodora. What will they do, if Theodora can't borrow from Alexia? I'm too curious to know.
Maria Olympia has now turned 18. As she owns the fringe tiara it could very well be that Marie Chantal will not wear it anymore. At last not when also Maria Olympia attends.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Maria Olympia has now turned 18. As she owns the fringe tiara it could very well be that Marie Chantal will not wear it anymore. At last not when also Maria Olympia attends.
Yes, it will be interesting to see Maria Olympia with the fringe! I hope she'll attend some royal events soon. Marie Chantal still has the large diamond tiara to wear, so we might see that one more often in the future.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Majesty

I have always found it ironic that Anne-Marie, with no kingdom to be Queen of, has more "serious" tiaras than Queen Margarethe of Denmark.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I have always found it ironic that Anne-Marie, with no kingdom to be Queen of, has more "serious" tiaras than Queen Margarethe of Denmark.
I do not know if it is true, but if yes, is quite normal. Do not forget the two "heavy" lineages ofthe GRF, i.e. the Romanov (Queen Olga) and the Hohenzollers (Queen Sofia of Greece, and Queen Federika of Greece). The three above princesses came to Greece to become Queens, so they received "the best" jewels from their families. This could explain.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I do not know if it is true, but if yes, is quite normal. Do not forget the two "heavy" lineages ofthe GRF, i.e. the Romanov (Queen Olga) and the Hohenzollers (Queen Sofia of Greece, and Queen Federika of Greece). The three above princesses came to Greece to become Queens, so they received "the best" jewels from their families. This could explain.
Fair point.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yes I have thought about that too,given the exile and abolition of the Monarchy in 1974.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Anne-Marie’s tiara collection certainly is very impressive and beautiful, but I wouldn’t call it more serious than that of her sister Queen Margrethe.
The Greek queen has four tiaras
- ruby parure
- emerald parure
- Khedive tiara
- antique corsage tiara (which is no longer worn by the Queen herself but only by her daughter and daughter-in-law)

The Danish Queen has 7 (or eight, depending on how you count):
- emerald parure from the crown jewels
- Orange Nassau pearl-poire tiara
- Baden palmette tiara
- three-part-aigrette tiara
- turquoise bandeau of Princess Margret of Connaught
- the golden poppies (well, I guess I have to mention them)
- the Naasut tiara
- floral tiara (now lent to Princess Marie)
Not to forget that the Danish emerald and pearl tiara outrun everything in the Greek collection in terms of age and historical importance.

Tags
anne marie, greece, jewellery, queen anne marie