The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The Greek Emeralds are my favorite of all the Greek jewels and possibly my favorite of all the European royal emerald jewels.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The Greek Emeralds are my favorite of all the Greek jewels and possibly my favorite of all the European royal emerald jewels.
They're my favorites emeralds as well.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I like 'em all! The double engagement sapphires would be odd to most U.S. women, as it seems difficult to accept anything but a white diamond as an engagement ring. Such a pity.
I only found them odd because of their positioning.

I personally prefer and LOVE the colored stones. My engagement ring is a ruby. I am not much of a fan of diamonds, so one can't assume that all US women find it difficult to accept anything other than a diamond.

Queen Anne Marie's ring is both beautiful and different. Love the stones, but, it the biggest fan of the way the ring is set.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post

They're my favorites emeralds as well.
This is my favorite emeralds set of all!!!

I love how bright the emeralds are and I just love the "E" motifs that make up the tiara. Just gorgeous!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I finally found a photo of her engagement ring. I love sapphires but I don't like the design. The double setting is just unusual for me.
Here is another shot of the ring. Not one of the best close ups but, these kinds photos are hard to find.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Courtier

I found this photo of Anne-Marie on a Spanish message board:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/v...psf8aa0672.jpg

She's wearing Queen Sofia's Star and Pearl Tiara, which is currently owned by Princess Benedikte. I wonder why she borrowed her sisters tiara when she has four of her own.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
I found this photo of Anne-Marie on a Spanish message board:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/v...psf8aa0672.jpg

She's wearing Queen Sofia's Star and Pearl Tiara, which is currently owned by Princess Benedikte. I wonder why she borrowed her sisters tiara when she has four of her own.
It seems that all the Danish princesses (sisters) are really close to each other so it doesn't surprise me that they would borrow each other's jewels. Also, I'm sure some of the jewels that Benedikte possesses are of some sentimental significance to the sisters, maybe more so for Anne-Marie since she is Queen of Greece. That would be my best guess!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

At the time the picture was taken the tiara was still owned by Queen Ingrid afaik. Princess Benedikte only inherited it after her mother's death. Although she regularly loaned the tiara to the Berleburg princesses, there is no reason why Anne Marie shouldn't also borrow it from her mother.
This is only speculation, but I can imagine, that travelling with jewellery is sometime difficult. Maybe it was just easier borrow a tiara at that specific event.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Gentry

I've been working on the tiaras of the Greek Royal Family. Here are the five tiaras that have been worn by Queen Anne-Marie.

Antique Corsage Tiara
Khedive of Egypt Tiara
Emerald Parure Tiara
Ruby Olive Wreath Tiara
Star & Pearl Tiara
Old 05-22-2014, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

What about the tiara She wore on her pre-wedding Event in the Theater of Denmark ?
I think her eldest daughter Alexia owns it now .
Old 05-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
What about the tiara She wore on her pre-wedding Event in the Theater of Denmark ?
I think her eldest daughter Alexia owns it now .
Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her wearing that diamond tiara. I think that her first tiara was the Antique Corsage Tiara, maybe that's what she wore to the theater?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara Mania View Post
Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her wearing that diamond tiara. I think that her first tiara was the Antique Corsage Tiara, maybe that's what she wore to the theater?
I agree, I am not sure I have ever seen Anne-Marie in that tiara. Do we have any information relating to its history and provenance?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes it is this one but it is not the antique corsage tiara , Queen Ingrid wore as corsage.

Tags
anne marie, greece, jewellery, queen anne marie