The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Maybe the title of this topic should be Tessy de Nassau's and Princess Alexandra's first tiara's, considering the fact they both wore their first tiara at the same event.Josette
Princess Alexandra has her own thread, here.
This Tessy de Nassau "first tiara" thread will become the Tessy de Nassau Jewellery thread when we have some more jewellery to report.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Speaking of more jewelry....does anyone have a snap of her engagement ring?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Nobility

I have never sceen an engagement ring on her, only a wedding band.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:26 PM

No way this tiara is the emerald diamond Van Cleef & Arpels. Actually, the quality of the image is not high enough to say anything conclusive on the jewel.

There is no emerald green visible, the dress has no matching colours, but the dress does have aquamarine in it. The central motif of the Van Cleef & Arpels contains a large concentration of emerald green, and this tiara doesn't.

Also: the picture is taken in 2008. Tessy was Mrs Tessy de Nassau back then, she didn't become HRH Princess Tessy of Luxembourg until the same occasion a year later. There is no reason why Mrs de Nassau should wear an important tiara of Josephine Charlotte and HRH Princess Alexandra, a princess of the blood, not. Not even Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wore the tiara untill 2010.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Commoner

I am delighted to see Madame de Nassau in a tiara............
Old 01-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Majesty

has Tessy worn two different tiaras now?, she did not wear one for the wedding if i remember it right?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

You are right, at the National Day Gala in 2010 Tessy wore the turquoise tiara of the Grand Duchess. I never saw good pictures of this event, so I only have this rather unfortunate screen shot of Tessy with the 2nd tiara.
http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/49...600x600Q85.jpg
Imo this shows that Tessy did receive a tiara as a gift, but she is borrowing from her mother-in-law.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Since Tessy has worn more jewels and tiaras since her first tiara outing, I am renaming this thread Princess Tessy's Jewelry.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
has Tessy worn two different tiaras now?, she did not wear one for the wedding if i remember it right?
You are right, she didn't wear one on her wedding day so I think the only occasion she wears any is the National Day Gala.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I just love Tessy's pearl earrings on her wedding day:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Mga3Ka8FJe...ingwithSon.jpg
Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Any new pictures of Tessy's jewelry, I hope she borrows more from M-T.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Majesty

she wore a tuara she has not worn before at the wedding gala dinner any photos
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't have any photographs but you can see Tessy wearing borrowed jewels from MT at the Gala ahead of the wedding. Gorgeous sapphires and tiara on Tessy that night. I wish there were full-length shots of that red dress too; it's looks like a stunner.

RTL.lu - RTL Replay
Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

My God, these sapphires look fantastic, the earrings in particular!! Thank you for sharing the video, nice round-up!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Courtier

Wow she does look great in the sapphires. Hope we get more pics of them. Stunning!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Found it, a better picture of Tessy in MT's Adelaide tiara. Love the sapphires earrings as well. I'm glad she is branching out and wearing more substantial jewelry.
source: Lux-arrazi blogspot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tessy2.jpg
Views:	4395
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	287098  
Old 11-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Courtier

The Grand Duchess has some lovely historical pieces and now it seems she doesn't mind lending them out for special occasions. Hope to see more of this on Tessy and Alexandra and Stephanie. For Christmas and birthdays now, MT can always splash the cash and buy these lovely young girls some nice pieces for us to drool over.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Royal Highness

And it's no nice to see that the Grand Duke and Duchess so obviously can share their son's feeling for his wife and treasure Tessy despite the unfortunate start to her "Royal career". She seems to ground him and if he was my son, I'd love to have a daughter-in-law like that! (But mine is growing up, too. Or so I hope. Always difficult when son choses a very young girl - think EII and Diana.... )
Old 11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Courtier

I would love to see MT gift Tessy with a tiara of her own! And it doesn't have to be spectacular but something small and dainty but magical as well like Mette-Marit's wedding daisy tiara.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
I would love to see MT gift Tessy with a tiara of her own! And it doesn't have to be spectacular but something small and dainty but magical as well like Mette-Marit's wedding daisy tiara.
I'm sure she will get one in due time!

The Luxembourg tiaras are so grand though -one would have to be purchased (which would be fine) or a necklace that she could convert.