Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks much better this time, with the hair style.

If she continues to wear her hour down, this is the perfect tiara. It has a certain headband quality, abd it suits the hairstyle:flowers:

With an updo, my favorite in her is the four button though.

The cut steel tiara sits far more gracefully on the head than the reworked former necklace emerald tiara she got for her wedding. This tiara curves lower around her face where as the wedding tiara sits perched on top . The center parted super gelled hair needs to GO forever. It does her no favors with that forehead.

I doubt we will see her wear the Edward VII. There is so much history, even the queen rarely wears it, usually abroad. She hasn't even loaned it to either daughter. I don't see Sofia being the first loaned such a key piece.

If wanted a ruby fir the look, this diamond necklace with ruby pendant that Silvia sore with the ruby tiara would work
http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/archive/1368434780.html

Last edited:
This cut steel tiara looks the best on Sofia. I wish she had also borrowed a necklace. Her cleavage seemed too empty without one.

I think she wore the small steel cut perfectly! In fact, I like it on her best of all. Not that it is a competition, but I really like it with her eyes.
I like it that the Swedes seem to share tiaras more than other realms that tend to give out claims to this tiara or that. It keeps us on our toes and opens up possibilities. :flowers:
I still don't like the v-shape of the small cut steel tiara. But I agree that this was one of the best wearings of this tiara so far. I hope that also Madeleine will try it one day. As you said: their jewels sharing keeps us on our toes, and I love that!

Sofia has now worn a few different tiaras
Is there a favorite for you?

I think it looks great! I didn't know it could be worn without the emeralds.
And I bet lots of people would agree if it was Victoria or Madeleine who vore it.

I think it looks great too, better without the emeralds even. And your second sentence hits the nail on the head IMO.

I like this tiara much better like this, without those small emeralds! Lovely hairstyle, too.

Last edited:
I quite like it as well, and really nice to see the tiara being convertible. Would be nice if the emeralds could be replaced by pearls. That would be a dream!

Oh so much better without the emeralds ..........a totally different tiara. She looks great and nice to see this gown being worn again, such a pretty lady who is really working on being a solid member of the family.

Oh wow I thought this was a new one. Her tiara looks totally different without the emerals to steal the show.

I quite like the tiara without them, but I also feel like the times she wore it with the emeralds, it's placement was awkward and not good.

I like this tiara much better like this, without those small emeralds! Lovely hairstyle, too.

Yes I agree it looks smaller but also much nicer without the emeralds.

It actually looks like it's reframed, or perhaps it was more flexible to start with than we thought?

I think it's been remodeled/reframed. I wonder if she remodeled it so it's a necklace/tiara convertible?

A convertible tiara!
Now if we find out it can be worn as a necklace it’ll be perfect. And then CP can buy her different stones for various anniversaries:D

I like it better like this without the emeralds. Personally I think the emeralds look fake.

LaRae

I like Sofias wedding tiara much better like this without the small emeralds. And it does indeed look like it has been at the court jeweller. Maybe that's why we haven 't seen it for a long time...

?
I think it looks great! I didn't know it could be worn without the emeralds.
And I bet lots of people would agree if it was Victoria or Madeleine who vore it.
Agree? Do we still have people that are snobbish about Sophia? I don't know why she hasn't put a foot wrong.

I am absolutely tickled pink to find that Sophia's tiara is flexible. When she first wore it, she set it correctly for the style and occasion. Now, being able to wear it as a headband, well actually I think it looks more like a Halo effect . . . it is lovely and Sophia wears it beautifully.

ps: I think I will rename it The Halo Snowflake. :flowers:

Last edited:
:clap:Agree? Do we still have people that are snobbish about Sophia? I don't know why she hasn't put a foot wrong.

I fear that I am guilty as charged :hiding:.

Although I did not dislike the original tiara, I do like this version much better. The emeralds seemed too large for the delicate design and perhaps the added stones would look better between the lozanges instead of on top of them.

IIRC at the time it was said that the stones could not be removed, so they must have made some alterations. It would be practical if they could add some pearls, rubies, sapphires, aquamarines etc. to the piece at a later point.

Last edited:
:clap:Agree? Do we still have people that are snobbish about Sophia? I don't know why she hasn't put a foot wrong.

I am absolutely tickled pink to find that Sophia's tiara is flexible. When she first wore it, she set it correctly for the style and occasion. Now, being able to wear it as a headband, well actually I think it looks more like a Halo effect . . . it is lovely and Sophia wears it beautifully.

ps: I think I will rename it The Halo Snowflake. :flowers:

Erm, MARG, it's Sofia - not Sophia.

And only the old-school royalists here are and will probably remain snobbish about her, although perhaps in a more subtle way. (You know who I mean).

Do we still have people that are snobbish about Sophia? I don't know why she hasn't put a foot wrong.

Yes, we have people who still dislike everything she says, does or wear. There are other royals who also get this treatment, so I'm not saying she's the only one. But it's very obvious with Sofia.

Now, when it comes to jewels/tiaras... I personally think that Sofia is doing great here. Not all her tiara appearances has been hits IMO, but that's to be expected. She's new in this game compared to her mother/sisters-in-law. I think what impressed me the most was when she really rocked the four buttons tiara. That's a difficult tiara to wear, and I think that she and princess Christina are the two best wearers of this tiara so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom