Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The amethyst tiara is a strange choice with navy blue dress. Not a fan of this look all the way around.

I think the Amethyst Tiara looks incredible on Sofia and can't wait to get really good pictures. I think she's one of the best wearers of it actually- she doesn't get the flat effect it has sometimes and the rich purple stones look amazing in her dark hair.

I'm not seeing what some of you are seeing at all.

I think she looks especially lovely, tiara and all.

I love the amethysts, but just like the posters above, I strongly disagree with how it's placed on her. And I don't think it's a good match with a navy blue dress.

This tiara is difficult to wear but it differently does not work on Sofia and the placement is all wrong.

I have never seen the Amethyst Diadem being worn so exceptionally well as by Princess Sofia. It is just fabulous. The tilted way worked because the amethysts are a bit too high on the black monture. The tilted placement in the black lush hair of the Princess caused that there was a less distracting "gap" between the hair and the gemstones. The coronet-style diadem was worn with great effect. Princess Sofia looked very regal and dignified. Fantastic.

Last edited:
I really am enjoying this fresh interpretation. I think it's imaginative and lovely. And her eyes with the tire and the dress are spectacular.
I do want more/better photos. :flowers:

I really want to love this....I just am not a fan. I love the stones...I think it's the setting that is throwing me off. I don't care for it as it is being worn here. Also not sure about the purple stone and blue dress combo.

LaRae

I agree,that it looks the best on her. But I would prefer an updo

I didn't like it on her. Which is a shame, as like Victoria, with her dark hair, the amathyst said really shine. I think if with a proper updo, and positioned better, it would have looked great.

Nice to see her wearing her third family tiara. But so far I think the four button really suits her the best. I'd love to see her wear it again.

I'm fine with the positioning of the tiara on Sofia, though I prefer the last two wearings of Madeleine and Victoria. Interesting: all three young Princesses ladies seem to have found a new way of wearing this tiara lately. Well done.

Same idea, different design. I like it on Princess Sofia as her dress is very plain (but elegant). This piece adds interest.
I would have liked it on CP Mary if she were wearing a different outfit. With the beautiful floral dress the piece is lost imho.

I like the midnight tiara - and the connected pieces (necklaces, bracelets), but this type of headpiece is not working IMO. Don't know why though....

:previous: To be honest, if you went through the combined Nobel and formal wear wardrobe of Sylvia, Victoria and Madeleine you would see an awful lot in common and even spot that they have all, on occasion, worn each other's gowns. Add to that an almost neverending mix and match of brooches, tiaras, earrings, and necklaces from the foundation an also their personal jewellery.

So I would say for certain there are style elements shared between the sisters/sisters-in-law and even their mother/mother-in-law. It really isn't fair to judge Sofia's progress against Victoria and Madeleine, after all, they have been doing it their whole life and with a mother to guide them. Sofia relies on their example.

I thought Sofia's silver and gold hair ornament was lovely against her dark hair and the earrings she has worn this week have been stellar,

Last edited:
lovinlorne from order of splendor did a great job photoshopping the amethyst tiara with the first time princess sofia attended the nobel price with her hair updo and it looks perfect this way
b8b0fa410009fb2a942a6c54e6bc648a77d1bc320e61f124c5ca0748c9fd0973.jpg

f9eee95ea589ab98f2412aeb0938f6e7df5fca7af5a998fdc5120a76f276b395.jpg

and i asked for a photo with the tiara titled more forward with a updo

f2ec5381a43d319a3c8ac99aa90c144548172a8b3027bdf0542eb778e339fd73.jpg

and another one with the leuchtenberg sapphire

9635286606e240935bab577bf1977d0dc923d981ddc21c719a08f79724f40718.png

Last edited:
lovinlorne from order of splendor did a great job photoshopping the amethyst tiara with the first time princess sofia attended the nobel price with her hair updo and it looks perfect this way
b8b0fa410009fb2a942a6c54e6bc648a77d1bc320e61f124c5ca0748c9fd0973.jpg

f9eee95ea589ab98f2412aeb0938f6e7df5fca7af5a998fdc5120a76f276b395.jpg

and i asked for a photo with the tiara titled more forward with a updo

f2ec5381a43d319a3c8ac99aa90c144548172a8b3027bdf0542eb778e339fd73.jpg

and another one with the leuchtenberg sapphire

9635286606e240935bab577bf1977d0dc923d981ddc21c719a08f79724f40718.png

Good to see tge Amethyst worn "properly" in the photo shop.

Just hope we never get to see her in the Leuchtenberg!

Last edited:
The person who photo shopped it reduced the size of the tiara to fit her head. If you look at the actual pictures, the tiara is much bigger proportionally. I assume this is why she positioned it at the back of the head.

Good to see tge Amethyst worn "properly" in the photo shop.

Just hope we never get to see her in the Leuchtenberg!

I think it's too early for that.

It's a bit too grand for the junior Princess.

I would be beyond shocked if we ever saw Sofia in the Leuchtenberg. That is, and has been for a while, a Queen/First Lady only tiara. Sibylla wore it and Birgitta wore it once. Otherwise, it's Queens only.

I would be beyond shocked if we ever saw Sofia in the Leuchtenberg. That is, and has been for a while, a Queen/First Lady only tiara. Sibylla wore it and Birgitta wore it once. Otherwise, it's Queens only.

Only Queens and if there was no Queen the most high ranking Princess nor the one who as acting as First Lady. I think since it has been given to the the Crown princess Vitoria in 1881 by Queens (in her case future Queen).

She looks magnificent in the tiara. One of the best outings this tiara has ever had i my opinion. I don't think this is a tiara suits everyone because of it's wide frame, but she pulls it off.

I was very surprised to see Sofia wearing such a important new tiara! The tiara is rather suitable for her colors and head, but I think that the positioning would habe been better had it been different. What's wrong with her hairstylist?

Is that the Steel Cut Tiara?

LaRae

I think she wore the small steel cut perfectly! In fact, I like it on her best of all. Not that it is a competition, but I really like it with her eyes.
I like it that the Swedes seem to share tiaras more than other realms that tend to give out claims to this tiara or that. It keeps us on our toes and opens up possibilities. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom