The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The tiara is strange placed in her hair. it should have been a little bit backwars then it would have looked much better.
Or an other kind of hairdo, now it looks like it accidentally landed there.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Don't like the Emerald and diamond tiara of Sofia - it appears so small in comparison to the size of a person's head almost as though it were designed for Queen Victoria who had a very petite head and frame and all her crowns and tiaras were small

I also noticed that Sofia's family order has an updated picture of the King rather than what his daughters and wife wear which is a old portrait of him as a young man

Old 12-10-2015, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

^ Yes, I agree. It doesn't suit Sofia's head at all. It's a mini starter tiara, plus the emeralds didn't really suit her gown. I hope she will graduate in a couple of years to a neutral diamond tiara. Perhaps her husband could buy one! In a way Sofia is unfortunate, as she has a mother in law who loves her tiaras and looks magnificent in them and two sisters in law who have the pick of the crop so to speak, in the jewellery department.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
She wears a brooch on her sash, I think it is the lozenge brooch from the Bernadotte Foundation.
I was just about to ask what Brooch she was wearing,I have mixed feelings on her tiara.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
^ Yes, I agree. It doesn't suit Sofia's head at all. It's a mini starter tiara, plus the emeralds didn't really suit her gown. I hope she will graduate in a couple of years to a neutral diamond tiara. Perhaps her husband could buy one! In a way Sofia is unfortunate, as she has a mother in law who loves her tiaras and looks magnificent in them and two sisters in law who have the pick of the crop so to speak, in the jewellery department.

I think the real problem is, while I admire her loyalty to a friend, if it is the same friend who did Sofia's hair for the Wedding, then it's time to move on to whoever it is who does the hair for the rest of the Royal Ladies. I'd like to see what happens w/her hair when it's done by someone who knows what to do when a Tiara is going to worn. Until that happens, I sadly think we're in for more appearances of Sofia looking like it was plonked on as an afterthought, instead of it being the highlight it should be.

Which is a shame, as it is IMO, such a pretty Tiara and deserves to be properly shown at it's best.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the style of her tiara but I just do not like the color of those stones. The green looks fake or plastic..something.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the tiara, the placement and everything about her look on this occasion. I think she is doing well. This intense scrutiny is harrowing. I'm sure in the 'brush past' she looked splendid. JMO.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I agree, that the tiara is a smaller one..... still not sure, whether it suits her or not. I guess I have to see her more ften - in different hairstyles.
Curious, what she will wear at the second evening.
And: I fully agree with the Queen and the sisters in law comment .... not the easiest time for her - jewel-wise. Thank god, the jewel-casket is a really big one in Sweden !
BYe Bine
Old 12-11-2015, 12:59 AM
Commoner

The earrings are Silvias. Made up of diamonds and emeralds.

http://s8.postimg.org/onk7sodvp/edorisgl.jpg
http://media.shootitlive.com/5L4IXtc...sen/2105%20%A0
Old 12-11-2015, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

I always like this tiara from the start as I love emeralds. But it is rather a small tiara and I think that if Sofia's hair was put higher on top of her head, the tiara could sit against it. Her hairstyle last night was lovely, but would have suited a more crown-shaped tiara.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelkiss View Post
yes, a reporter said yesterday that the jewels were borrowed from the Queen Silvia
Old 12-11-2015, 05:39 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelkiss View Post
Thank you for the pictures! I had a feeling that I had seen them before and tried to find them in Queen Silvias thread but could not find them.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I LOVE these earrings and tiara !!!!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For the Wedding her hair was done by her friend who also made the hair and Makeup when she participated in the TV-Show

Yes, I know.That's why I asked! IMO, she should fire him and employ a tiara-expert hairdresser. No offence, but I'm sure her actual friend hasn't experienced tiara's hairstyles so far...
Old 12-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Nobility

My theory is that Sofia's wedding tiara is too small. Sofia has worn hairstyles that are similar to hairstyles worn by Victoria but Victoria's tiaras do not look as oddly perched. Hopefully she will wear a different tiara tonight and we will see if the odd perching reoccurs.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Majesty

a tennis braclet
same as madeleine and victoria have worn
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...ia-685x386.png

thank you for giving a id for the earings
Old 12-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Do you mean that they all have worn this tennis bracelet, or does each Princess own one herself?

Old 12-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Majesty

i think its the same tennis bracelet
Old 12-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Princess Sofia Jewellery

I was also hoping for another hairstyle to accommodate this tiara better. I really wished she would have worn the diamond brooch on the back of her bun as Victoria did.

I have a feeling she'll be loaned the small, four button tiara tonight.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Some posts above Angelkiss posted a pic of Queen Silvia wearing these earrings. They are obviously from the Queen.