Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sofia looks quite lovely in this latest grey outfit. She seems to have finally gotten the sash brooch placement right, and she's standing tall and straight and looking as royal as any married-in woman can. I think the tiara's placed correctly tonight and I like it. I think it suits her, both her own personal style and for the stage she is at as a member of the RF.

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/43.png

I agree with those who think the tiara looks cheap, kind of beauty pageant thing from the supermarket. I wonder if Sofia doesnt have access to the vault of the other SRF ladies at this stage. I was hoping for a different tiara today.

Maybe she was given a choice for tonight: her own tiara or the four button tiara. And she chose her own.

Princess Christina wore the six button on both days, the Cut Steel and Connaught are probably seen too "big" for Sofia in the beginning and Victoria had the Connaught yesterday. She can't have the Baden Fringe or Modern Fringe because they are labelled to Victoria and Madeleine. Victoria owns the Laurel Wreath Tiara and probably the small Cut Steel tiara too, at least the court has sometimes written that it is her own. Madeleine owns the Aquamarine Bandeau. Maybe loaning isn't an issue at this time.

But anyway, Sofia's tiara doesn't look any better today than before even though it isn't so far away on her head.
http://gfx.bloggar.aftonbladet-cdn....rmavbild-2015-12-11-kl.-22.26.14-719x1024.png

Last edited:
I was hoping Sofia would wear a different tiara for tonight,do we know anything about her brooch/bracelet?

I was hoping Sofia would wear a different tiara for tonight,do we know anything about her brooch/bracelet?

I think that Sofia's brooch is an old one from the Bernadotte collection, Victoria and Madeleine have used it sometimes. Victoria had it at Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding and it looks similar which Victoria of Baden already had.
Sofia wore it yesterday without the pearl pendant.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

People, people, come on... Princess Sofia wore a diadem for -hold your breath- the second time in her royal life. And already nagging about "again the same" or the hairstyle? The first outing was with a veil and the second outing was without a veil, for so far that is all we can say.

Actually Princess Sofia was beautifully bejewelled. Her diadem is a delicate piece of visible craftmanship. The art déco motif works very well with the pointy emeralds. Princess Sofia wore the diadem on her head, with the spikes upright, so not lying flat or in an angle. Her hairdo looked a flashback to the Victorian Era. She looked every inch a poised lady.

Her sister in law Princess Madeleine looked great but while the aquamarine diadem looked amazing, the combination with busy, glittery dress (the colour also not matching the aquamarines) was "too much".

I think that Sofia's brooch is an old one from the Bernadotte collection, Victoria and Madeleine have used it sometimes. Victoria had it at Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding and it looks similar which Victoria of Baden already had.

Sofia wore it yesterday without the pearl pendant.

There's actually 2 bow brooches in the foundation because Victoria was also wearing one that night too. But you are right, the one Sofia is wearing if the diamond and pearl one but without the hanging pearl.

I love the earrings!! with that dress is perfect.

If Madeleine or Victoria didn't have it on, I would ask the same.

I was not talking about you in particular, but in general, when sofia appears, where is this ?, how this is set?

but the answer is the same, only the person himself can answer

I was not talking about you in particular, but in general, when sofia appears, where is this ?, how this is set?

but the answer is the same, only the person himself can answer

Okay. But if she doesn't wear something or wears it in the wrong way, it is natural to ask for explanation! That's what we also here for!

Yes, but who can answer why she does not wear this or that, Nobody

It's Sofia after all, the princess who thinks and dresses outside of the box. There must be something that can be found that can place her inside the box... She must adhere to wearing these important symbols and orders at all times...

I don't think King Carl Gustaf himself would even blink an eye over this, because if he had done so at previous events where she didn't wear this correctly or failed to wear that - we would never see her without any decoration at all.

Somewhere it's even mildly amusing.

:previous:
Those are gorgeous earrings, and they go very nicely with her eyes and that dress. Nicely done this evening I think!:)

Those are greatnearrings and go well with the dress. I have never heard of Chrisolite before

Beautiful earrings! Both Prince Carl and Princess Sofia look genuinely very happy! Absolutely glowing!

Last edited:
The problem with Sofia's tiara is not the size of the tiara but the angle of the tiara. If you put the tiara flat on a table, the tiara should be leaning forward, not at a right angle (like Sofia's is). When you put the tiara on, because you’re angling it to go around your face, the front has to lean forward to sit upright. It is impossible to place the emerald tiara on someone's head like for example Madeleine's tiara or Victoria's usual fringe tiara because those tiaras are angled to lean forward while Sofia's has been probably designed to be worn high on the head against a high placed hairbun/updo. There's the problem. They should try to create a new frame for the tiara if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom