The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

CP Victoria's frame has a rather individual setting, so I too would say that it is Princess Sibylla's. But the other frames are more difficult to identify, especially because we lack good pics of the former queens and princesses.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia's earrings on Friday
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ge...152232-084.jpg

From Ebba Brahe Jewellery, 65000 SEK (6900 euros, 7650 USD)
Earrings, sliced diamonds
https://instagram.com/p/9OeuwPIPDE/?...brahejewellery

The price is too high about those earrings.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The same thought myself. 6900 euros for these earrings;
Old 10-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Nobility

Why is Sofia is getting new pieces of jewelry? Wouldn't she have access to the royal collection by now? Her wedding tiara was a gift, not one of the Bernadotte tiaras. She only wore the earrings that were part of a stomacher.

@Dman - Sofia's family order is smaller because she is the wife of a Swedish prince. It's called the 2nd class (or grade)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_..._Family_Orders
Old 10-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Why is Sofia is getting new pieces of jewelry? Wouldn't she have access to the royal collection by now? Her wedding tiara was a gift, not one of the Bernadotte tiaras. She only wore the earrings that were part of a stomacher.
Maybe Sofia wants to have new jewellery, which are her own and not a loan from Bernadotte collection.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Victoria and Madeleine also have some private, modern jewelry. And Sofia probrably received some jewels for her wedding, not just the tiara form the King and Queen, but also from other family members or other wedding guests. And CP will probably want to give her jewel presents from time to time.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Sophia really is a very pretty girl. She has beautiful eyes and a lovely smile. I am sure all of the young women want to have more modern jewelry of their own.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Sophia really is a very pretty girl. She has beautiful eyes and a lovely smile. I am sure all of the young women want to have more modern jewelry of their own.
She really is. I was looking at her wedding pictures just now (because someone mentioned her wedding tiara) and she really is attractive. (Loved the wedding tiara!) Just overall a very smooth presentation. She understands the parameters of being a royal family member and is going with the flow. Very nice. I approve.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:09 AM
Majesty

thank you for the post about the earings
Both victoria and madeleine has earings from Ebba Brahe Jewellery
Old 10-26-2015, 04:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Maybe Sofia wants to have new jewellery, which are her own and not a loan from Bernadotte collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Victoria and Madeleine also have some private, modern jewelry. And Sofia probrably received some jewels for her wedding, not just the tiara form the King and Queen, but also from other family members or other wedding guests. And CP will probably want to give her jewel presents from time to time.
I think all the jewels in the Swedish vault are pretty much "Statement" pieces, be it the brooches or tiaras. None of these are suitable for everyday wear, so the ladies tend to acquire "go to" pieces.

Just imagine if Charles hadn't given Camilla her beautiful pink topaz pearl choker, or Catherine or lovely diamond bracelet. Judging by Mary's collection Frederik isn't stingy either. Even Daniel has enough to provide the necessary bits and bobs for Victoria so, if Carl Philipe was slow I am sure that his Sister has bent his ear.

Just imagine if the only jewellery worn was from the collective vaults . . . no, it's much better seeing beautiful modern examples of locally made jewellery, adorning the necks, wrists and fingers of their ladies.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think all the jewels in the Swedish vault are pretty much "Statement" pieces, be it the brooches or tiaras. None of these are suitable for everyday wear, so the ladies tend to acquire "go to" pieces.

Just imagine if Charles hadn't given Camilla her beautiful pink topaz pearl choker, or Catherine or lovely diamond bracelet. Judging by Mary's collection Frederik isn't stingy either. Even Daniel has enough to provide the necessary bits and bobs for Victoria so, if Carl Philipe was slow I am sure that his Sister has bent his ear.

Just imagine if the only jewellery worn was from the collective vaults . . . no, it's much better seeing beautiful modern examples of locally made jewellery, adorning the necks, wrists and fingers of their ladies.
I agree. It's great that they aquire new jewellry. Some of it (especially Victorias jewellry) might end up being the "old jewellry from the vault" in a few generations :) That's how it works. All this old, fancy jewellry was new once :)
Old 10-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Nobility

Events like state visits, royal weddings, the Nobels are when the Bernadotte hardware is on display. That is what I was talking about. The event she and Carl Philip attended last week - the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Science - Sofia didn't have a brooch to keep the Seraphim sash in place. Victoria and Silvia had brooches to keep their sashes in place when they attend the same event, and I presume the brooches are from the Bernadotte collection.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:58 AM
Majesty

To be honest I am not sure what the situation with Sofia is. She appeared wearing a far, far too long Order Sash that looked like it had just been pulled out of a box. You could even see all the creases on it on the shoulder and back. She also used the Star as a brooch and pinned it on her left shoulder instead on where it should have been, pinned below the left breast.

Not only did she not wear her Royal Family Order, we also noticed the absence of brooches to hold the sash in place. In short, it looks like the whole occasion was an unexpected one with little time to prepare properly. Why that is, I also didn't know, because we know Queen Silvia is more than willing to open the family vault. So I am somewhat perplexed. Is Sofia too shy to ask or does CP prefer to provide new jewellery instead.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Nobility

@Marg - but isn't that the idea of being royal - at high occasions like the Nobels you are wearing the 100 - 200 year old family gems? Just wearing modern pieces at these event a royal looks no different than a Hollywood starlet or A-list actress going to the Oscars.

In an issue of Svd (or Swedish Women's Weekly) there's an article saying CP is spending a lot of money on Sofia, and I presume that includes jewerly:

Victoria och Daniel uppfyllda av babylyckan | Svensk Damtidning
Old 10-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I say let him spend what he wants. All the new royal wives cost quite a bit at the start...they have to get the clothes and accessories....not to mention, they are newly married...I'd say most men buy gifts for their brides if they can afford it.

LaRae
Old 10-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Marg - but isn't that the idea of being royal - at high occasions like the Nobels you are wearing the 100 - 200 year old family gems? [...]
No, that is not the idea of being royal, to be able to parade around with 100-200 year old family gems...

By the way, only a few royal families really still have 100-200 year old family gems in original state. In far most royal families the jewels are younger or have só been set and re-set that it has barely a connotation of how it originally looked. And... remember: évery royal jewel once started as a brand new item. On this picture you see an unbelievable diamond horloge set on a platinum band, worn by Queen Máxima. A truly majestic piece. It is only 55 years old. One has to start somewhere... that also counts for jewels which will be worn by Princess Sofia. A jewel bought in 2015 will be a "heirloom" too in 2070.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dont forget we are talking about the Kings Son. Im sure there were gifts for the new Princess from other dignitaries. Wealthy friends etc....and if her hubby wants to buy her jewels....good for them!!
Old 12-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Courtier

The Nobels are approaching fast... What tiara do you think Sofia will be wearing?

My guess is one of these:
  • Her own wedding tiara (if she is wearing something that suits the emeralds)
  • The Large Button Tiara
  • The Small Button Tiara
  • The Diamond Riviere
  • The Napoleonic Amethyst Tiara
  • Some small tiara from the vaults

The last option is not that likely unless there is a new tiara no-one has seen yet. I doubt she would borrow any of the smaller tiaras that Madeleine and Victoria have worn earlier and certain tiaras have been mostly reserved for their current wearers. There have been rumours of new additions to the collections but we'll see...
Old 12-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

She is wearing her wedding tiara today.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
She is wearing her wedding tiara today.
The tiara is strange placed in her hair. it should have been a little bit backwars then it would have looked much better.