The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2018, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Sofia had five tiara events and wore her own wedding tiara all five times, with just two of the variations:

The Tiaras of Princess Sofia of Sweden in 2018...

although it is slightly disappointing, Victoria's done the same thing before, so t's not unheard of. I do wish we would have seen the emeralds at least once though. And it is good that she's proud of the tiara that was bought for her.

Since she had debuted her changed own tiara she has only worn these one in it's several versions. I actually was surprised that she got to wear several differnet tiaras from the Family collection so early in her marriage as both Victoria and Madeleine wore the same 2 tiaras for tiara Events after they had started to wear tiaras. But maybe it had to do with the redesign of her Wedding tiara.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Sofia wore her wedding tiara with pearls for the South Korean state banquet on June 14:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...79&oe=5D7C932D

Old 06-16-2019, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

This tiara is like sophie Wessex wedding tiara, so much better when reworked. Not just removing the emeralds but making it more headband style. The wreath with the spearmint candy emeralds was horrible. Prefer the diamond version.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
This tiara is like sophie Wessex wedding tiara, so much better when reworked. Not just removing the emeralds but making it more headband style. The wreath with the spearmint candy emeralds was horrible. Prefer the diamond version.
I think changing the base of the tiara has made a big difference to it, and made it much more wearable. I like the tiara in all 3 of its "new" versions: with pearls, emeralds and without any toppers.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:59 AM
Majesty

^^^ I would have to agree. It has become a tiara for all occasions and I have to admire the artistry of the jeweller that turned a somewhat ordinary little tiara into an adjustable piece of magic that is an attractive and enviable tiara in its own right but becomes magical when Sophia wears it.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
^^^ I would have to agree. It has become a tiara for all occasions and I have to admire the artistry of the jeweller that turned a somewhat ordinary little tiara into an adjustable piece of magic that is an attractive and enviable tiara in its own right but becomes magical when Sophia wears it.
Given that this is tiara is meant to have been converted from a necklace in the collection of Queen Silvia (and possibly of Thai origin), makes you wonder what else must lie in those vaults that has not been seen for a while or at all!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Commoner

I totally agree with all the posts above!! This tiara has become an interesting piece. And really the only piece in the royal collection as a whole that can be added to. More stones may even be purchased or reworked for it as the years pass. I know it is her personal tiara, but it is so much more versatile than most. I know she must be pleased with it. And lets face it, on a more personal level, this was what she was wearing when she married her prince. And it was given to her by the King and Queen. So the sentimental value would be immeasurable. Lovely tiara.