The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

The tiara looks grander with the pearls, now it has more of a traditional royal tiara vibe, but it looks great without pearls or stones, too.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Courtier

One tiara and three different looks. Talk about versatility. I think I like the last two versions the most.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Majesty

I never liked the original tiara. It seemed a trend with the 'starter' tiaras of the Swedish royals that they aren't attractive (Victoria's door stopper and Madeleine's cyclops eye looking one). The emeralds on hers remind me of spearmint candies.

But I must say it looks much better with the pearls here, or even without. Much more versatile and flattering tiara for her.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Nobility

I love Sofia's hair and tiara arrangement. I just saw it on the Fail website and had to come here straightaway pronto to say so.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wow Princess Sofia seems to be experimenting with her jewels ,the pearls work well so a rather good jewel reinvention.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Majesty

Love the pearls and diamonds ..I hope she leaves the emeralds in a box.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Love the pearls and diamonds ..I hope she leaves the emeralds in a box.

LaRae
I thought the tiara looked lovely. I think the emeralds will probably look fine when worn with the base as it is now. I think the problem was always the previous base, and the way it sat on the head.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I thought the tiara looked lovely. I think the emeralds will probably look fine when worn with the base as it is now. I think the problem was always the previous base, and the way it sat on the head.
I completely agree! I think the main problem with the tiara wasn’t the stones but the base itself. It was tiny. Like a little circlet on her head. Now that the base has been spread out and is possibly a little flexible, it should improve it drastically. This redesigned base, worn with just diamonds and then diamonds and pearls has been the best. Now we need the emeralds to make a showing to see if the redesigned base will improve them as well. I hope so! It has been a lot of fun watching this tiara evolve. We usually don’t see that much. Most tiaras have been around for years. But I think the convertible ones are really clever. I wonder if this one could be a necklace too. Someone mentioned that before. We shall see.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
... [snipped] The three version of Sofia's tiara

https://s2.postimg.org/k03v0cp4p/bel...1800x650-w.jpg
Pearls improved the tiara significantly.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry, no matter what Sofia puts on the tiara, it still does not match the high standard of SRF tiaras and looks like something from a Miss Whatever contest.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh lovely!
And great to see that a purchased tiara has turned out to be so versatile for her. Truly money well spent.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sorry, no matter what Sofia puts on the tiara, it still does not match the high standard of SRF tiaras and looks like something from a Miss Whatever contest.
So very true. It isn’t my favorite tiara in the collection. But it was the one the royal family gave her. So she is working with it to make it better I believe. That is all you can do. Got to start somewhere. And she has already had access to the small steel cut, the four and six button, and the amythest tiaras. So it isn’t the only one she has. She will wear it and be associated with it for a long time since it is tied exclusively to her as a new royal bride. And the fact that it was a gift from the King and Queen will always mean it will be around.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Princess Sofia looks beautiful. The best of the whole group.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Majesty

The small Steel tiara has been her best look IMO. She needs to go back to using that one.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think the alteration to this tiara has certainly made it both look more attractive and gave it greater flexibility. It looked sweet spread out like a halo of diamond snowflakes and the addition of the pearls gives it gravitas, however, I have to agree with pranter that her best look by far was the steel cut tiara. She positively aced it.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

Im in two minds, I wasn't a massive fan of the emeralds but it looked IMO a much more significant tiara in its original form. I think it looks a bit more 'teeth like' in this new more open format but the pearls do soften it a little. Would like to see some better, clearer pics of the most recent versions to really be able to form an opinion.
Intrigued that quite soon after receiving a tiara Sofia is playing around with it so much.

Ok looked at this better quality pic http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/N...ZJD-1GeWIx.jpg
still not sure, i want to like it but its just a bit spike like for me TBH
Old 12-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The small Steel tiara has been her best look IMO. She needs to go back to using that one.

LaRae
Totally agree. Though I also oddly like the four buttons on her.

Sofia has a way of pulling off tiaras that others cant. Both the small steel and the four button are kind of the ugly ducklings of the royal tiaras, but she looks great in both.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Courtier

I think the four buttons has been her best tiara performance so far. Funny, I never thought I'd say that in connection to the four buttons... :)
Old 12-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has worn the Fout Button tiara far better than Madeleine or Victoria ever did. She also wore the Amethyst really well and the Cut Steel was magnificent on her. But I feel like Sofia can wear a variety of tiara shapes, sizes and colors and get away with it.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Courtier

I think she would look great in the Aquamarine Kokoshnik. She has the blue eyes and dark hair that seems to make that tiara shine just a little bit extra. I would also like to see her in the ruby tiara. It's a tricky on, in many aspects, but she might be able to pull it off.