The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Courtier

I quite like it as well, and really nice to see the tiara being convertible. Would be nice if the emeralds could be replaced by pearls. That would be a dream!

Old 11-23-2017, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Lovely diadem. With and without emeralds.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Oh so much better without the emeralds ..........a totally different tiara. She looks great and nice to see this gown being worn again, such a pretty lady who is really working on being a solid member of the family.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Majesty

https://scontent-frt.xx.fbcdn.net/v/...50&oe=5A9D5BC2

Beautiful tiara and without emeralds, i think better without!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

It actually looks like it's reframed, or perhaps it was more flexible to start with than we thought?
Old 11-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The tiara without the emeralds looks great! And the placement on her head is far better too.
I initially thought Sofia had a new tiara.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh wow I thought this was a new one. Her tiara looks totally different without the emerals to steal the show.

I quite like the tiara without them, but I also feel like the times she wore it with the emeralds, it's placement was awkward and not good.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
I like this tiara much better like this, without those small emeralds! Lovely hairstyle, too.
Yes I agree it looks smaller but also much nicer without the emeralds.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
It actually looks like it's reframed, or perhaps it was more flexible to start with than we thought?
I think it's been remodeled/reframed. I wonder if she remodeled it so it's a necklace/tiara convertible?
Old 11-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

A convertible tiara!
Now if we find out it can be worn as a necklace it’ll be perfect. And then CP can buy her different stones for various anniversaries
Old 11-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Majesty

I like it better like this without the emeralds. Personally I think the emeralds look fake.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

I like Sofias wedding tiara much better like this without the small emeralds. And it does indeed look like it has been at the court jeweller. Maybe that's why we haven 't seen it for a long time...
Old 11-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I think it looks great! I didn't know it could be worn without the emeralds.
And I bet lots of people would agree if it was Victoria or Madeleine who vore it.
Agree? Do we still have people that are snobbish about Sophia? I don't know why she hasn't put a foot wrong.

Quote:

Beautiful tiara and without emeralds, I think better without!
I am absolutely tickled pink to find that Sophia's tiara is flexible. When she first wore it, she set it correctly for the style and occasion. Now, being able to wear it as a headband, well actually I think it looks more like a Halo effect . . . it is lovely and Sophia wears it beautifully.

ps: I think I will rename it The Halo Snowflake.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Agree? Do we still have people that are snobbish about Sophia? I don't know why she hasn't put a foot wrong.
I fear that I am guilty as charged .

Although I did not dislike the original tiara, I do like this version much better. The emeralds seemed too large for the delicate design and perhaps the added stones would look better between the lozanges instead of on top of them.

IIRC at the time it was said that the stones could not be removed, so they must have made some alterations. It would be practical if they could add some pearls, rubies, sapphires, aquamarines etc. to the piece at a later point.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I am absolutely tickled pink to find that Sophia's tiara is flexible. When she first wore it, she set it correctly for the style and occasion. Now, being able to wear it as a headband, well actually I think it looks more like a Halo effect . . . it is lovely and Sophia wears it beautifully.

ps: I think I will rename it The Halo Snowflake.
Erm, MARG, it's Sofia - not Sophia.

And only the old-school royalists here are and will probably remain snobbish about her, although perhaps in a more subtle way. (You know who I mean).
Old 11-24-2017, 07:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Do we still have people that are snobbish about Sophia? I don't know why she hasn't put a foot wrong.
Yes, we have people who still dislike everything she says, does or wear. There are other royals who also get this treatment, so I'm not saying she's the only one. But it's very obvious with Sofia.

Now, when it comes to jewels/tiaras... I personally think that Sofia is doing great here. Not all her tiara appearances has been hits IMO, but that's to be expected. She's new in this game compared to her mother/sisters-in-law. I think what impressed me the most was when she really rocked the four buttons tiara. That's a difficult tiara to wear, and I think that she and princess Christina are the two best wearers of this tiara so far.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

For some people Sofia will do wrong whatever she does. Because it is simply her existence that is wrong for them.

For them she will always be Paradise Hotel-Sofia whatever she does in life. If she would find a cure for Cancer or Aids and save billions of lives, she would still be Paradise Hotel-Sofia in their eyes. Don't listen to them ! They will always be there. It's probably the same people who still think that Royal Princes and Princess'es by blood must marry an equal to not loose their title
Old 11-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Now, when it comes to jewels/tiaras... I personally think that Sofia is doing great here. Not all her tiara appearances has been hits IMO, but that's to be expected. She's new in this game compared to her mother/sisters-in-law. I think what impressed me the most was when she really rocked the four buttons tiara. That's a difficult tiara to wear, and I think that she and princess Christina are the two best wearers of this tiara so far.
Yes she wore the 4-button quite well there. It's an almost hopeless tiara to wear unless you are an old woman with full grey/white hair like Princess Christina is or Princess Lilian was so....good job from Sofia and her hairdresser there !
Old 11-24-2017, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The 'wedding tiara' looks much better in my opinion without the emerald pear drops. It has a delicate quality now that was hidden before, like a band of little snowflakes, (appropriate for a Scandinavian Royal) and it's much more versatile.

I also agree that it's kudos to Sofia for wearing the button tiara so well. I think that tiara only really works with a mass of hair or a solid updo.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Majesty

I'm one of the few people that don't like the button tiara on anyone really.

LaRae