The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2016, 12:38 AM
Courtier

the article says it was the king decision to change the succession rules for the foundation and carl philip agreed on the changes that his father decided .

Old 12-14-2016, 08:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Sorry- I guess I was hoping for an explanation which did not involve salacious connotations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
For some reason Swedes really like going to Thailand for vacation and it seems like from there close ties have developed between the countries. Carl Gustaf and Silvia did a state visit in 2003, they then did a second visit in early 2005 in response to the tsunami that hit Thailand in December 2004. It was billed as a gratitude tour to thank the Thai people for assisting Swedes who were in the country when the tsunami hit.
I just thought that maybe Sofia had some acquaintances there or was well-know. But I think that this explanation is more reasonable! I had forgotten about the tsunami. Now it all makes sense!

Old 12-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Sofia had three tiara appearances this year. Much better to last year, she wore 3 different tiaras. It makes me appreciate the Emerald tiara more.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Sofia had three tiara appearances this year. Much better to last year, she wore 3 different tiaras. It makes me appreciate the Emerald tiara more.
I love how opinions can differ so much - to me, seeing the other two tiaras just increases my feelings about how much I dislike the emerald tiara
Old 12-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I love how opinions can differ so much - to me, seeing the other two tiaras just increases my feelings about how much I dislike the emerald tiara
I'm just so happy to not see it ~again~ that I think the next time she wears it, I won't mind.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Replica of Sofia's emerald tiara on sale
Princess Sofia of Sweden's emerald royal tiara
Old 02-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Replica of Sofia's emerald tiara on sale
Princess Sofia of Sweden's emerald royal tiara
unable to open.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

On the pic the replica looks quite convincing. But I'm still not overly fond of that design for a tiara. I'd like to see it as a necklace, though.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Courtier

sofia today wore a hair piece that looks like the one crown princess mary wore at the king's 70th birthday last year by Ole Lynggaard .
Old 02-20-2017, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
sofia today wore a hair piece that looks like the one crown princess mary wore at the king's 70th birthday last year by Ole Lynggaard .
Exactly, Mary's piece is similar but much bigger
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2152023545.jpg
Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

^ Yes, and both of them are dreadful!
Old 02-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly, Mary's piece is similar but much bigger
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2152023545.jpg
Same idea, different design. I like it on Princess Sofia as her dress is very plain (but elegant). This piece adds interest.
I would have liked it on CP Mary if she were wearing a different outfit. With the beautiful floral dress the piece is lost imho.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i enjoyed reading your post, it was informative. i didn't know the detail you mentioned. however, why is the male lineage given so much importance in the swedish family? it is not like victoria or madeleine won't procreate the Bernadotte line
It has nothing with Sweden specifically, but rather with the traditional rule according to which family names are recorded patrilineally. Using that criterion, Madeleine's children belong to the O'Neill family and Victoria's children would belong to the Westling family (if Daniel had not legally changed his last name to Bernadotte as he did). In fact, under the patrilineal rule, Carl Philip's children would be the only "Bernadottes" among King Carl Gustaf's grandchildren.

Note, however, that there are other descendants in male line of Jean Baptiste Bernadotte who also belong to the Bernadotte family, namely the descendants of the Bernadotte princes who lost their succession rights as a result of non-dynastic marriages, but those collateral branches of the dynasty have been excluded from the Royal House.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia's headpiece was unsuitable for a day event and didn't suit well with her hairdo.

In the evening Sofia wore the amethyst tiara, which is too big to her little head, at least when it was so high on her head.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb...arkPreview.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s04/1/3/L14876200401047802_9.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s04/1/3/L14876200401047802_6.jpg

The brooch Sofia was wearing seems to the the same Victoria wore in 2009, and it has also been seen on queen Silvia.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsx...arkPreview.jpg
Old 02-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

State Dinne Canada: The Amethyst Tiara

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...l-700x1048.jpg
http://tt.se/media/image/sdltbb43776...arkPreview.jpg
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...kett-2-ibl.jpg

The tiara looks horrible on Sofia, the way it is placed on her head, she looks like Megamind.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

The amethyst tiara is a strange choice with navy blue dress. Not a fan of this look all the way around.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the Amethyst Tiara looks incredible on Sofia and can't wait to get really good pictures. I think she's one of the best wearers of it actually- she doesn't get the flat effect it has sometimes and the rich purple stones look amazing in her dark hair.

I'm not seeing what some of you are seeing at all.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

I think she looks especially lovely, tiara and all.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Courtier

I love the amethysts, but just like the posters above, I strongly disagree with how it's placed on her. And I don't think it's a good match with a navy blue dress.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

This tiara is difficult to wear but it differently does not work on Sofia and the placement is all wrong.