The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe someone on the press department was fed up with our constant complaining about a visible tiara base? They could have passed the message to the ladies and the hairstylist. Anyway, I really appreciate the effort. It looked very nice.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

I like it. I think she wears the small cut steel much better than any of her in-laws, and I've always had a soft spot for the tiara itself. There's just something fascinating to me about an all-metal piece that manages to sparkle as if it had jewels, and the streamlined shape goes well with more experimental, modern gowns. I just wish her green gown had a softer neckline. I think the whole look would have come together better if that had been the case.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I love her in the four button. Tsp the best tiara on her. It really suits her. I hope she wears it in the future

The small cut steel if dye had a proper updo to show it off, would like to see it again. But it's an under whelming tiara and better suited for less bling event. Maybe at a visiting officials dinner with a proper hair style
Old 12-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

I didn't think her hairstyle suited the four-button, but the proportions are quite promising on her. If she would only abandon that horrid center part, she might just grow into wearing tiaras well.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Majesty

I love her center part, looks regal. Think about the Regency and the Victorian era... the hairstyle is definitely matching the jewels which are that old, or older even. Despite the hallelujah the two different buttons diadems will only look good with an uneven number of buttons.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Majesty

The four button tiara looked lovely on Sofia. I think that might be "the one" for, in terms of tiara speaking... I was quite surprised she got access to the Bernadotte vault!
Old 12-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
[.....] I was quite surprised she got access to the Bernadotte vault!
Why? Sofia is married to the former Crown Prince, the only royal Bernadotte to procreate the male lineage. Prince Carl Philip has as much access to the Bernadotte Foundation as his sisters. Even more: as only male successor to the King he was the benefactor of the Galliera Foundation (which includes capital, artworks and jewels) and he courteously agreed with an arrangement about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Why? Sofia is married to the former Crown Prince, the only royal Bernadotte to procreate the male lineage. Prince Carl Philip has as much access to the Bernadotte Foundation as his sisters. Even more: as only male successor to the King he was the benefactor of the Galliera Foundation (which includes capital, artworks and jewels) and he courteously agreed with an arrangement about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria.

Because, after having seen that she sticked to her own tiaras on previous occasions, I thought she would wear it again yesterday evening, especially since she had just tried on a new tiara at the "more important" evening. That's all. But I compliment you for your pompous post
Old 12-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Pompous post? I thought it was an informative and neat post. Apparently we live on different stratospheres.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Pompous post? I thought it was an informative and neat post. Apparently we live on different stratospheres.
i enjoyed reading your post, it was informative. i didn't know the detail you mentioned. however, why is the male lineage given so much importance in the swedish family? it is not like victoria or madeleine won't procreate the Bernadotte line. and also, what are these 'arrangements about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria' that CP agreed to? i never heard about it, but if so, it is indeed courteous. [although i get the impression that CP is actually secretly happy to not be the heir...]

on sofia's jewelry though: many happy claps indeed of her wearing other tiaras of the vault! :) i am hoping we will see her wearing one of the more heavy duty ones at some point, but i know it won't be the case as some seem to be unofficially reserved to madeleine and victoria (my favourite ones being the laurel tiara, the modern fringe and the connaught - but they seem to be worn almost exclusively by victoria and madeleine respectively). i am hoping for the kokoshnik, the baden fringe tiara or the amethyst one!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i enjoyed reading your post, it was informative. i didn't know the detail you mentioned. however, why is the male lineage given so much importance in the swedish family? it is not like victoria or madeleine won't procreate the Bernadotte line. and also, what are these 'arrangements about this heritage to the benefit of his sister Victoria' that CP agreed to? i never heard about it, but if so, it is indeed courteous. [although i get the impression that CP is actually secretly happy to not be the heir...]

on sofia's jewelry though: many happy claps indeed of her wearing other tiaras of the vault! :) i am hoping we will see her wearing one of the more heavy duty ones at some point, but i know it won't be the case as some seem to be unofficially reserved to madeleine and victoria (my favourite ones being the laurel tiara, the modern fringe and the connaught - but they seem to be worn almost exclusively by victoria and madeleine respectively). i am hoping for the kokoshnik, the baden fringe tiara or the amethyst one!

You will find when you read duc, not just Swedish males. All royal males. Victoria and Madeleine's kids are not true bernadottes. Some ,say find it pompous as duc implies Carl was robbed of his birth right, and has graviously agreed to let his sister have the royal foundation and art. Like it was any choice of his I am sure duc will be happy to fill you in on how the lines have been tainted by allowing females to inherit.

As got tiaras, nothing unofficial about the laurel and modern. They are privately owned. The laurel by Victoria and the moden by the queen or possibly given to Madeleine for her wedding. The kokoshnik is also privately owned by the Kings sister.

The Baden fringe is just as unlikely. Though it has been leant to her aunts on a rare occasion, the tiara is intended yo be worn by the crown princess. Victoria of Baden wished the tiara to be mainly worn by the crisp princess. In the last few years we have seen it become Victoria's central tiara.

The ones she is likely to wear
-her own
-four and six button
-amathyst
-small cut steel
-possibly the large cut steel
Old 12-13-2016, 06:16 AM
Majesty

the emerald tiara is said to be a necklace from a thiland prince
do you think the tiara can be worn as a necklace again?

se about the post here
The Scandinavian Royals Message Board: Princess Sofias tiara
Old 12-13-2016, 11:41 AM
Majesty

If true, I was wondering if it was just a coincidence that that piece comes from Thailand, where Sofia has done the "modelling".... Well, the official version is that the emeral tiara was a wedding gift, so I'll stick to that.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If true, I was wondering if it was just a coincidence that that piece comes from Thailand, where Sofia has done the "modelling".... Well, the official version is that the emeral tiara was a wedding gift, so I'll stick to that.
What are you implying here? I'm afraid I don't understand your post.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
What are you implying here? I'm afraid I don't understand your post.

That maybe there are some connections? No need to tiptoeing...
Old 12-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That maybe there are some connections? No need to tiptoeing...
Sorry- I guess I was hoping for an explanation which did not involve salacious connotations.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
You will find when you read duc, not just Swedish males. All royal males. Victoria and Madeleine's kids are not true bernadottes. Some ,say find it pompous as duc implies Carl was robbed of his birth right, and has graviously agreed to let his sister have the royal foundation and art. Like it was any choice of his I am sure duc will be happy to fill you in on how the lines have been tainted by allowing females to inherit.

As got tiaras, nothing unofficial about the laurel and modern. They are privately owned. The laurel by Victoria and the moden by the queen or possibly given to Madeleine for her wedding. The kokoshnik is also privately owned by the Kings sister.

The Baden fringe is just as unlikely. Though it has been leant to her aunts on a rare occasion, the tiara is intended yo be worn by the crown princess. Victoria of Baden wished the tiara to be mainly worn by the crisp princess. In the last few years we have seen it become Victoria's central tiara.

The ones she is likely to wear
-her own
-four and six button
-amathyst
-small cut steel
-possibly the large cut steel
Both the Galliera Foundation as well the Bernadotte Foundation followed the male line succession, which was equal to the constitutional line of succession. You can jump high and low, to the moon for if you like. Fact was that both regulations needed to be changed and as Prince Carl Philip of Sweden was the direct assigned benefactor of both legal arrangements, his cooperation was needed.

Four years ago Svenska Dagbladet reported that Prince Carl Philip, the legal benefactor of the finances, artworks and jewels according the set rules, has made an arrangement and agreed by giving up his legal claim in favour of the monarchs successor rather than to the monarch's eldest son and successor, which he still is respectively was.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
For some reason Swedes really like going to Thailand for vacation and it seems like from there close ties have developed between the countries. Carl Gustaf and Silvia did a state visit in 2003, they then did a second visit in early 2005 in response to the tsunami that hit Thailand in December 2004. It was billed as a gratitude tour to thank the Thai people for assisting Swedes who were in the country when the tsunami hit.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Four years ago Svenska Dagbladet reported that Prince Carl Philip, the legal benefactor of the finances, artworks and jewels according the set rules, has made an arrangement and agreed by giving up his legal claim in favour of the monarchs successor rather than to the monarch's eldest son and successor, which he still is respectively was.
Svenska Dagbladet's article told hat the king had decided that Victoria as the heir to the throne should inherit the so called Galliera Collection and applied for a change to Gallierafideikommisset. And that Carl Philip had agreed with the king's decision.
Kungen vill ta bort manlig arvsrätt _ SvD
Old 12-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Heir Apparent

So it was cp decision on advice of the king.