The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2016, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

The small cut steel has been worn before. who knows why the king chose this one, perhaps sighs herself preferred a smaller one. Or they wanted to have her have a second tiara to associate with her. this is one not worn very often and can be associated With Sofia.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Majesty

Princess Sofia is new in the royal family. When she is 80 we will have seen her in so many diadems.

It is also logical that the Queen and the Crown Princess have the first pick, then the born Bernadotte ladies, as it is the Bernadotte Foundation after all.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure they can switch up the tiaras and loan Sofia one for this special event. She's dint have to be treated differently because she just joined the family.

That Steele cut Tiara could've stayed in the vaults, IMO.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-11-2016, 02:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Princess Sofia is new in the royal family. When she is 80 we will have seen her in so many diadems.

It is also logical that the Queen and the Crown Princess have the first pick, then the born Bernadotte ladies, as it is the Bernadotte Foundation after all.
This small cut steel tiara is privately owned and unlike the larger one is not part of the Bernadotte foundation.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm sure they can switch up the tiaras and loan Sofia one for this special event. She's dint have to be treated differently because she just joined the family.

How is she bring treated differently this isn't some piece of tin fro. The recycling bin or dome toara they dredged out of the vaults because they didn't want to share. If the tiara is good enough for the crown princess to wear on numerous occasions, I don't see how it's a snub to Sofia. No tiara is going to be universally liked, if she Eire one if the buttons people would complai . If she only wore her wedding tiara people would complain. In time she will likely get to flex her tiara wings, I see no snub in this being her first.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Why can't Sofia wear one of the other tiara's that's been worn before?
Crown princess Victoria has worn this tiara Sofia had now at the pre-wedding dinner of Guillaume and Stephanie, at the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates in 2012 and at the State dinner of the Turkish State visit on 2013. So if it is good enough for the crown princess to wear at state events, it is surely good enough for princess Sofia to wear at the Nobel Prize ceremony.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:14 AM
Majesty

While I prefer diadems to be made from precious material, it is supposed to be haute joaillerie after all, Princess Sofia looked absolutely fabulous with this steel-cut diadem in combination with the dress. Her own wedding diadem would have been a great choice too, as would have been the Baden Fringe Diadem, in connection with this sober dress.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Well, we don't know the reason why she chose to wear this tiara...

As this tiara is privately owned, unlike the big cut steel one which is part of Bernadotte foundation, it could be a loan from the current owner (if it is the Crown Princess) or maybe even a wedding gift from CP or someone else...

For now, we don't know who the exact owner of this tiara is.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

I liked this tiara on Sofia. It follows the shape of her head beautifully.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Nobility

When I look at the dress, the hair and the tiara, my impression is she tried to create a sort of "modern medivial look" - which is why the smaller cut steel tiara was chosen in stead of her wedding tiara.
Not sure that I like the outcome-but I can see the concept.....
Old 12-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Majesty

Is there any close up of the brosch. I do not think i have seen it before
Old 12-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Is there any close up of the brosch. I do not think i have seen it before
I posted a photo of it to the previous page, I haven't seen a better photo of it yet.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Majesty

Thank you... i just saw it after i posted
Old 12-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Sofia wearing 4 button tiara tonight:

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...la-700x977.jpg
Old 12-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Princess Sofia wearing 4 button tiara tonight:

http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...la-700x977.jpg
A close-up:
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb...arkPreview.jpg
Old 12-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

best showing of dour button I've seen. Where did she get the diamond earrings. They are beautiful
Old 12-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now, that's a better tiara!

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-12-2016, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
best showing of dour button I've seen. Where did she get the diamond earrings. They are beautiful
I thought exactly the same. She´s looking great in it - the best of all Princesses!
BYe Bine
Old 12-12-2016, 03:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Definitely one of the best appearances I've ever seen from the four buttons! She really wears it well. The best tiara I've seen her in so far.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Definitely one of the best appearances I've ever seen from the four buttons! She really wears it well. The best tiara I've seen her in so far.
True on of the best appearances of the four button tiara since it was worn by the King's sisters in the 60's. It would look even better with a big bun of hair behind it like Madeleine had the first evening or Princess Märtha Louise had at Victoria's Wedding.