The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

its probably a visitors' book or something
But she and her husband have been signing a lot of autographs.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

more pictures of Princess Sarah
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	46025   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	46026   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	46027   Click image for larger version

Name:	3b.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	46028  

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	46029   Click image for larger version

Name:	4a.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	46030  

Old 10-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
more pictures of Princess Sarah
the one with sarah-the long hair girl with blue dress is quite pretty as well.
I wonder who she is, too...
Old 10-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

I thought she looked familiar, I just recognized her actually.
I posted a few pictures of her and her husband in the Brunei royals thread. I think her husband might be the son of one of the Sultan's brothers.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

How come the pretty lady in blue,does not have her head covered? Does Sarah have to cover her head at all times now that she is married,becos I saw a pic of her before the wedding and she had a dior top on with jeans and her beautiful black hair uncovered.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

We've had this discussion at length in the Brunei royals thread. Its not mandatory. Princess Sarah covers her hair during official duties. Its only become 'fashionable' to do so since the Queen started covering hers a couple of years ago, I believe after she performed the Hajj. Many women of the royal family don't cover their hair.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by julial
the one with sarah-the long hair girl with blue dress is quite pretty as well.
I wonder who she is, too...
The girl with the long hair and blue dress, is wife of the Sultan's nephew, Pg. Muda Wadood. Like Sarah, she was only young (19) when she married her 34 year old husband in February 2004. As a former schoolmate of Sarah's, rumours say that it is her who told her husband Wadood about Sarah, who in turn informed the Crown Prince. A Royal visit was then arranged to Sarah's college, which is supposedly how they met.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
The girl with the long hair and blue dress, is wife of the Sultan's nephew, Pg. Muda Wadood. Like Sarah, she was only young (19) when she married her 34 year old husband in February 2004. As a former schoolmate of Sarah's, rumours say that it is her who told her husband Wadood about Sarah, who in turn informed the Crown Prince. A Royal visit was then arranged to Sarah's college, which is supposedly how they met.
Thanx Zina!!
I knew her husband was the Sultan's nephew but thats it. So whose son is he? Prince Muhammad?
And what's his wife's name?
Old 10-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Talk about BLING-BLING! In fact I don't think bling bling is a sufficient enough word for those jewels
Old 10-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

Is this her mom in the background?
Old 10-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
No, it is not her mom...If you browse through the thread marriage of brunei crown prince, you will see pics of her father and mother..Father is Brunei...Mother is Swiss...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

well the lady looks sort of caucasian
Old 10-26-2004, 04:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thanx Zina!!
I knew her husband was the Sultan's nephew but thats it. So whose son is he? Prince Muhammad?
And what's his wife's name?
Hi Humera

I apologize but I have completely forgotten her name! If I come across any old newpaper articles about the wedding, I will post that info here. Her husband is the son of Princess Masna, the Pg Abd Wadood we spoke of, in another thread.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

November 14 and 15, 2004
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	56683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sarah 15.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	56684  
Old 11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Commoner

Those are really magnificent jewels! Whew! What I would give to be dripping with diamonds, just like her.

Do you suppose the jewels were bought before marriage, or have they always been available in the Brunei treasury, to be 'dispensed of' as and when? Also, does anybody know what 'brand' her jewels are? Like one of her wedding necklaces, the one with white and yellow diamonds with a star, I think that was Cartier.

Now we know, with such clientale, Tiffany's, Cartier, Harry Winston's and the rest of them jewellers are willing to loan out precious jewels to celebrities in a bid to promote themselves. There actually are people out there who are potential customers!! Incroyable!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegar
Those are really magnificent jewels! Whew! What I would give to be dripping with diamonds, just like her.

Do you suppose the jewels were bought before marriage, or have they always been available in the Brunei treasury, to be 'dispensed of' as and when? Also, does anybody know what 'brand' her jewels are? Like one of her wedding necklaces, the one with white and yellow diamonds with a star, I think that was Cartier.

Now we know, with such clientale, Tiffany's, Cartier, Harry Winston's and the rest of them jewellers are willing to loan out precious jewels to celebrities in a bid to promote themselves. There actually are people out there who are potential customers!! Incroyable!
Im pretty sure Princess Sarah got brand new jewels. She is, after all, the crown princess. If you look at pictures of other women of the bruneian royal family, the sultan's daughters, his sister, the wife of Prince Muhammad and Sufri,you can see that each of them have beautiful jewellery of their own. They dont share it amongst themselves.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Im pretty sure Princess Sarah got brand new jewels. She is, after all, the crown princess. If you look at pictures of other women of the bruneian royal family, the sultan's daughters, his sister, the wife of Prince Muhammad and Sufri,you can see that each of them have beautiful jewellery of their own. They dont share it amongst themselves.
Yeah! you are right Humera. All the Crown Princess Sarah's jewels are her very own. Wedding gifts from her husband and The Queen.
Here are some latest photos of Crown Prince Billah and Crown Princess Sarah. The photos showing the Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Prince Malik at a recent football match. The photos showing Crown Princess Sarah with her mum is during a function for Asean/India 4wd challange which her dad took part in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	princess sarah & her mother motor rally event airport restaurant.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	72034   Click image for larger version

Name:	princess sarah at motor rally event 18.11.04.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	72035   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown prince & crown princess with prince malik.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	72036   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown prince billah & crown princess sarah watching football match.jpg
Views:	1348
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	72037  

Old 12-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Aristocracy

Bling-bling!

If the Bruneian royals wore less showy fabrics, their jewelry would really stand out. But they wear very materials that compete with and detract from their jewelry.

It looks like they're almost in the tsarist Russian category as far a sjewels go.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie
Yeah! you are right Humera. All the Crown Princess Sarah's jewels are her very own. Wedding gifts from her husband and The Queen.
Here are some latest photos of Crown Prince Billah and Crown Princess Sarah. The photos showing the Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Prince Malik at a recent football match. The photos showing Crown Princess Sarah with her mum is during a function for Asean/India 4wd challange which her dad took part in.
thanx for those pics alfie.
I like the fact that Princess Sarah's parents are still a big part of her life, they often accompany her to her public duties. Most of the time when a woman marries into a royalty, her own family is sidelined or ignored. Its nice to see that Sarah gets to spend time with her parents.
If you have any pictures of Princess Sarah's beautiful jewels, please post them in this thread. There's also a separate thread for jewels of other women of the bruneian royal family.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogm
If the Bruneian royals wore less showy fabrics, their jewelry would really stand out. But they wear very materials that compete with and detract from their jewelry.

It looks like they're almost in the tsarist Russian category as far a sjewels go.
Colourful clothing seems to be the norm in Bruneian culture. It might be a bit too much at first for someone who's not accustomed to such bright fabrics, but I think its quite pretty.

Tags
crown princess sarah, jewellery, princess sarah, sarah