Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid of Norway Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonemor

Commoner
Country
Norway
Lets post pictures of Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid of Norway's jewelry

There's 2 of Princess Astrid and Princess Martha Louise.

Attachments

• 0000379701-006.jpg
    0000379701-006.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3,038
  • DWF15-196704.jpg
    DWF15-196704.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,043
Some more of Astrid:

Attachments

• astridnorway1932-4.jpg
    astridnorway1932-4.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 4,233
  • astridnorway1932-7.jpg
    astridnorway1932-7.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,788
  • astridnorway1932-8.jpg
    astridnorway1932-8.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3,227
  • astridnorway1932-9.jpg
    astridnorway1932-9.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 5,962
  • astridnorway1932-14.jpg
    astridnorway1932-14.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4,245
  • astridnorway1932-16.jpg
    astridnorway1932-16.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,448
3 more of Princess Astrid:

Attachments

• astridnorway1932-17.jpg
    astridnorway1932-17.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,156
  • astridnorway1932-18.jpg
    astridnorway1932-18.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,343
  • astridnorway1932-21.jpg
    astridnorway1932-21.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5,532
Her Wedding(Astrid):

Attachments

• AstridNorwayweddingday.jpg
    AstridNorwayweddingday.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 3,911
  • AstridNorwayweddingfather.jpg
    AstridNorwayweddingfather.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 5,268
Speaking of decorations :D , I wonder why Astrid wears the "men's sash" - notice how the width of it is more than Märtha Louise's... Anyway, thanks for the dazzling pics HMQEII! :)

I only saw these pics.I think no pics of Princess Ragnhild with tiaras.I think that Princess Ragnhild keeps her life quiet,so we rarely see her photos in public.

Astrid was given the sash very early, when she was Norway's first lady. So perhaps only male versions existed, because Crown Princess Märtha and Crown Princess Sonja also wore the large version. (Never seen Maud with a sash.) Later, when smaller sashes came, Astrid didn't want to change hers, because it was givenn to her from her father, King Olav, and it ment much to her to wear the original version.

By the way; is it flowers in her hair for her weddingday? Like Sonja had?

Lone

Thanks, Lonemor :) So it makes sense that if the sash is older but has a lot of sentimental value, she wouldn't want to give it up for a new one! As for Princess Ragnhild, I had a look for some photos of her wearing royal jewellery but I couldn't find any, even on her wedding day! She does seem rather camera shy.

astrid wore a tiara for the state visit from japan any good photos of that tiara
i only found this

Attachments

• _026069_jpg_283706g.jpg
    _026069_jpg_283706g.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 5,585
More pictures of Asrtids jewels

from UPPA

With the King of Norway

With Prince Alber of Monaco:

With Prince Charles of England:

Queen Maud's Peal tiara

Does anyone know if Princess Astrid ever wore Queen Maud's beautiful pearl tiara, when she was the firstlady of Norway?

And does anyone have pictures of Queen Maud wearing the tourqouise tiara that Princess Astrid wears now?

Lone

Norwegian tiaras

No Astrid did not wear the pearl tiara of Queen Maud, but she did wear the two tiaras from her mother, the emarald parure, the favourite of the present Queen Sonja, and Desires diamond tiara.

Crownprincess Märtha did never wear any of Queen Mauds tiaras,

and i have often wondered about the tourqouise parure, i have never seen any pics of Queen Maud wearing it here in Norway.

But i think i have read somewhere that it was a gift for her marriage with prince Carl, later King Haakon, not sure if it was from the Danish or British side of the family, but i would guess the British, prince Carl's father was just a younger son of the crownprince and i dont think they had that much jewels.

Last edited:
I think the turquoise tiara would be perfect for M-M.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
3 more of Princess Astrid:

I love that last picture.....the dress Martha-Louise is wearing is just divine. I guess I'm a sucker for black & white with the long white gloves.

I always thought the Norwegian RF had little Jewels, now I see that the King's sisters have some good pieces in their posession.

Hopefully all the jewels will go back to the Royal family. The sisters got all the best jewels!

Please tell me they have foundation like the Dutch Royals!

Hopefully all the jewels will go back to the Royal family. The sisters got all the best jewels!

I know I've read it somewhere here at the forums, that it was mentioned by Princess Astrid that the tiaras of Princess Ragnhild and Astrid were only for usage during their life-time and would go back to the royal house afterwards. I just cannot find the post where it is mentioned. :ermm: (Or if I'm remembering it right.)

Here in Norway we have always heard that they are the personal property of the princesses, and that Ragnhild said, when a book about her was made, that she have not decided what she will do with her jewels in her testament.

Unfortunately, they do not have foundations for these things..... :ermm: Unlike in Sweden and in the Netherlands....

Hopefully in the future, the sisters will decide to give the jewels back to the Royal house, so that Mette-Marit and Ingrid Alexandra could use them ;)

The princesses Astrid and Ragnhild has some very beautiful and interesting tiaras, and it´s always a joy to see them wear thes on royal events. About the future... let´s hope that the norwegian RF has discussed this, and that there is a solution. I trust the wise norwegians. These wonderful tiaras would be greatly missed.

The Vasa Tiara, for example, has a special history. It was a "good-luck" gift from the swedish people to a Norwegian Queen-to-be, the loved princess Märtha. Wouldn´t it be great if the tiara once actually was worn by the Queen of Norway? And the "Queen-Maud-Tiaras" must be priceless, due to their connection to the first Queen of Norway for centuries.

So let´s enjoy the sights of these lovely tiaras and hope that coming generations will be able to do the same.

The feather tiara is a little freaky!

Whom did Princess Astrid serve as First Lady for?

When Sonja became Queen in 1991, Norway hadn´t had a queen since 1938, when Queen Maud died. Crown Prince Olav´s wife Crown Princess Märtha served as First lady until she died in 1954. In 1957 King Haakon VII died and Olav became King Olav V. He was then a widower, and didn´t marry again. Crown Prince Harald married Sonja in 1968, so between 1954 and 1968 King Olav´s daughter Astrid served as First lady. Her sister Ragnhild married in 1953 and moved to South America. Astrid stayed in Norway and married Mr Ferner in 1961.

The princesses Astrid and Ragnhild has some very beautiful and interesting tiaras, and it´s always a joy to see them wear thes on royal events. About the future... let´s hope that the norwegian RF has discussed this, and that there is a solution. I trust the wise norwegians. These wonderful tiaras would be greatly missed.

The Vasa Tiara, for example, has a special history. It was a "good-luck" gift from the swedish people to a Norwegian Queen-to-be, the loved princess Märtha. Wouldn´t it be great if the tiara once actually was worn by the Queen of Norway? And the "Queen-Maud-Tiaras" must be priceless, due to their connection to the first Queen of Norway for centuries.

So let´s enjoy the sights of these lovely tiaras and hope that coming generations will be able to do the same.

In an book about her which was published last year it was confirmed by Princess Astrid that the tiaras in her posession will go back to the Crown after her death. Probably the sme will happen with the tiaras in the posession of Princess Ragnhild.

Back
Top Bottom