Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2018, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Yes, the pearl circle tiara.
Tiara Mania: Princess Ingeborg of Sweden's Pearl Circle Tiara

Old 02-28-2018, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I can't see the daughters of the late Princess Ragnhild ever needing a tiara ,I wonder if this one will make its way back to the Norwegian RF?

Old 02-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Courtier

If her kids don't need it and decide to sell it I hope they will make approaches to NRF first before put it in auction house! There is too much negative space but its design is interesting and pretty.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

An Ard Ri,
The decendants of Count Flemming Rosenborg (Denmark)sold their grand parents items in Paris. There were items of Prncess Ingeborg of Sweden and I bought a silver note book with "I "and a crown, she was King Albert II grandmother..
I am sure the Lorentzen (who will never wear tiaras anymore) will sell a lot of royal items belonging to their Mother when their father will pass away.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
An Ard Ri,
The decendants of Count Flemming Rosenborg (Denmark)sold their grand parents items in Paris. There were items of Prncess Ingeborg of Sweden and I bought a silver note book with "I "and a crown, she was King Albert II grandmother..
I am sure the Lorentzen (who will never wear tiaras anymore) will sell a lot of royal items belonging to their Mother when their father will pass away.
Why would they sell? The Lorentzens are millionaires and a diadem/necklace in the family comes handy.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Why would they sell? The Lorentzens are millionaires and a diadem/necklace in the family comes handy.

But on the other hand the daughters and daughter-in-law of Princess Ranghild have never worn one of her tiaras. Not for their Weddings and also when attending royakl Events in Norway like the 70th or 80th birthday celebrations of King Harald.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Ingeborg's Boucheron Circle Tiara | The Court Jeweller

From what can see, I don't like this tiara. Would like to see better photos.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The aigrett must be very lightweight and convenient to wear.

I recall seeing photos of Britain's Queen Mary wearing what looked like the ruby and diamond aigrette and the all-diamond wings now with Princess Astrid. Would I be right in assuming they are the same pieces?
Old Yesterday, 03:33 AM
Courtier

(I have never seen such photos but) very likely that they are from British as Astrid inherited these from her paternal grandmother.
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I recall seeing photos of Britain's Queen Mary wearing what looked like the ruby and diamond aigrette and the all-diamond wings now with Princess Astrid. Would I be right in assuming they are the same pieces?

No, Queen Mary had her own aigrettes - namely the forget me not and another set with rubies.
Princess Astrid’s came from Queen Maud.
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

I have seen a number of pics of Queen Mary wearing several different aigrettes, but but I don't think that any of them look particularly like one of Princess Astrid's. Let's not forget that aigrettes were very popular in that era, many Princesses had them. It's just that there are few portraits of royal ladies wearing aigrettes because they preferred the bigger and more formal tiaras for official portraits.

Tags
astrid, mrs. ferner, mrs. lorentzen, princess astrid, princess ragnhild, ragnhild