Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her tiara - it reminds me of Princess Mathilde's, only in prettier.

Most probably from auction as was done with Mary's wedding tiara. Certainly, Marie won't receive anythig from the royal vault in the way of a tiara. In comparison to other royal houses, they are quite limited as is.​
Mary's wedding tiara was not bought at any auction. This Tiara belonged to the Queen. It was one of the first tiara's she got in life. THe Tiara belonged to her mother.

Mary's wedding tiara was not bought at any auction. This Tiara belonged to the Queen. It was one of the first tiara's she got in life. THe Tiara belonged to her mother.

It still belongs to the Queen--Mary only gets to wear it when needed.

Her tiara looks stunning in these pictures! It seems to have more brilliance than Mary's.
But I find her earrings a bit disappointing. For a gala like this she could have worn something bigger. And a neckless would be great with her dress.

It still belongs to the Queen--Mary only gets to wear it when needed.

From the official site:

The Danish Monarchy - Article

The Jewellery
The bride’s tiara is a gift from Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort.
The future Crown Princess has had a new pair of earrings made for her wedding. The earrings are made of platinum with brilliant-cut diamonds and South Sea Island pearls. They are hand-made by the jewellery designer, Marianne Dulong.

The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News

The tiara belongs to Her Majesty The Queen. It was a gift from the Queen’s parents, King Frederik and Queen Ingrid. Originally, the tiara belonged to Princess Dagmar (1890-1961), the youngest daughter of Frederik VIII and Queen Louise. In 1922 she married Master of the Royal Hunt Jørgen Castenskiold.
In addition, Miss Marie Cavallier wears a pair of diamond earrings from Genève.

I think Crown Princess Mary owns her weddingtiara.

Princess Marie looks stunning!!! Her tiara is gorgeous!(better than Mary's)IMO.

Marie's tiara is lovely but i would like to see her wear it with her hair down just to see what it would look like then. Any flower based tiaras are the best ones

(I had read that Mary's tiara came from an auction and was bought especially for her by the Queen and Henrik for her wedding - but is it then true that was in fact originally the Queens are there any pictures of her wearing it?)

From the official site:I think Crown Princess Mary owns her weddingtiara.
Princess Robijn, I made a typo! I know Mary owns her tiara (the dinky thing couldn't have cost that much anyway), and that Marie's is a loaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I had read that Mary's tiara came from an auction and was bought especially for her by the Queen and Henrik for her wedding - but is it then true that was in fact originally the Queens are there any pictures of her wearing it?)

I also heard this rumour but I never found any picturs of the queen wearing Mary's tiara. Maybe someone confused it with the flower tiara of Marie of the drop diamond tiara of Alexandra. They both have been worn by the queen before.

I also heard this rumour but I never found any picturs of the queen wearing Mary's tiara. Maybe someone confused it with the flower tiara of Marie of the drop diamond tiara of Alexandra. They both have been worn by the queen before.

I think here Mary and Marie are mixed.
The Wedding tiara of Mary was bought for her (most likely at auction) and because of this no other lady of the danish RF has worn it before. The tiara of Princess marie has belonged to princess Dagmar, the youngest daughter of King Frederik VIII. Later it came back to the main line and was then given to the then Princess Margrethe who wore it often in her first years as Queen.

Also remember that Mary has two tiaras. She has the Ruby tiara that was last worn by Queen Ingrid. She also has her wedding tiara. Mary owns her wedding tiara outright. Marie does not own any tiara. Her tiara is a loan from the Queen.

All Princess Mary's tiaras are beautiful!!! I don't remember even a one, which is ugly or awful.

Also remember that Mary has two tiaras. She has the Ruby tiara that was last worn by Queen Ingrid. She also has her wedding tiara. Mary owns her wedding tiara outright. Marie does not own any tiara. Her tiara is a loan from the Queen.

Yes, Mary does have two tiaras--one which she owns and one that is soley for her use as the Crown Princess. Actually, that leads to a question that is slightly off-topic, but when Mary becomes Queen will she still wear the Parue until her son marries or does she have to put it away until her son marries? It's stipulated that it is for the Crown Princess and she will be Queen. Interesting!

So, yes, Mary has two tiaras. One is dazzling and takes the breath away and the other is rather elegant, simple, and quite lovely. I find no fault with either--but seriously, I don't think that Marie should have had a grander tiara to wear at her wedding than the Crown Princess. I also think that Marie should have been given her own tiara when she married into the family--Alexandra received her own tiara, a very nice family piece, which is gone now--I think, as a second wife, I'd be irritated that I didn't get the same type of treatment. She only gets to borrow a tiara. I guess my concern is that 1: Marie needs her own tiara and 2: I'm worried that because Marie has worn the floral three times that if she is given a tiara that it will be the floral and then that's TWO tiaras that will pass out of the hands of future monarchs and spouses.

By the way, this discussion of tiaras is no way meant to be a reflection on Marie--she's lovely and she truly glows with the pregnancy.

Yes, Mary does have two tiaras--one which she owns and one that is soley for her use as the Crown Princess. Actually, that leads to a question that is slightly off-topic, but when Mary becomes Queen will she still wear the Parue until her son marries or does she have to put it away until her son marries? It's stipulated that it is for the Crown Princess and she will be Queen. Interesting!

So, yes, Mary has two tiaras. One is dazzling and takes the breath away and the other is rather elegant, simple, and quite lovely. I find no fault with either--but seriously, I don't think that Marie should have had a grander tiara to wear at her wedding than the Crown Princess. I also think that Marie should have been given her own tiara when she married into the family--Alexandra received her own tiara, a very nice family piece, which is gone now--I think, as a second wife, I'd be irritated that I didn't get the same type of treatment. She only gets to borrow a tiara. I guess my concern is that 1: Marie needs her own tiara and 2: I'm worried that because Marie has worn the floral three times that if she is given a tiara that it will be the floral and then that's TWO tiaras that will pass out of the hands of future monarchs and spouses.

By the way, this discussion of tiaras is no way meant to be a reflection on Marie--she's lovely and she truly glows with the pregnancy.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist to comment, even if it is a bit off topic.

As far as I know, the Desiree parure was left to Frederik, so that his future wife, who of course happens to be crownprincess, now, could wear it. I never before heard that there was any specification that it could only be worn by the crown princess, so I believe and hope that Mary will continue to wear it when she becomes queen.

I agree that it befits Mary's rank as crown princess to have the grander wedding tiara. But I am also quite glad that the DRF chose to buy a new tiara for her. Since the contents of their vaults have been quite diminished over the years when family members inherited many pieces which are now gone from the royal family, the crown prince's wedding was a good opportunity to enlarge the collection with a tiara which hopefully will become a family heirloom.

The same could have been done for Marie's wedding. Another good opportunity to replenish the jewellery vaults was lost! I doubt that the royal family will buy new tiaras without a strong course, like a wedding. Or maybe Isabella's 18th birthday? Let's hope for that!

I really do like Marie's tiara and the she is wearing it with her hair in the new official pictures

I think that CP Mary's wedding tiara would be perfect for Princess Isabella when she turns 18. Princess Isabella might opt to wear the Khedive Tiara for her wedding day like the other women in the Danish Royal Family.

Oooh.... you are spoiling my beautiful dreams about new tiaras, TLLK!;)
The worst is, that you are probably right about Mary's wedding tiara. It would be perfect for a young girl. On the other hand Mary's tiara might be reserve for Christian's future wife. (Poor kids, already speculating about their marriages:eek:)
I am not so sure about the Khedive Tiara. Isabella may not want to borrow a tiara from her great-aunt when there are other pieces in her closer family. We will know in couple of decades!
So I have enough time to keep dreaming about new tiaras for Isabella AND Christian’s future wife AND Mary, too. After all buying new tiaras might be easier than forcing the next generation to marry partners with tiaras in their inheritance.:cool:
I must say I like the way the Norwegians handled their tiara situation: Märtha-Louise got one for her 18th birthday, Mette-Marit for her wedding.

In the last picture with Marie she is wearing a diamond and sapphire ring beside her wedding ring and then her engagement rind is on the other hand. Does anyone know where she got this new ring from?

I noticed it too. Maybe a gift from Prince Joachim?
(On the same note, Countess Alexandra was given similar jewels with sapphires when Prince Nikolai and Felix were born.)

Oooh.... you are spoiling my beautiful dreams about new tiaras, TLLK!;)
The worst is, that you are probably right about Mary's wedding tiara. It would be perfect for a young girl. On the other hand Mary's tiara might be reserve for Christian's future wife. (Poor kids, already speculating about their marriages:eek:)
I am not so sure about the Khedive Tiara. Isabella may not want to borrow a tiara from her great-aunt when there are other pieces in her closer family. We will know in couple of decades!
So I have enough time to keep dreaming about new tiaras for Isabella AND Christian’s future wife AND Mary, too. After all buying new tiaras might be easier than forcing the next generation to marry partners with tiaras in their inheritance.:cool:
I must say I like the way the Norwegians handled their tiara situation: Märtha-Louise got one for her 18th birthday, Mette-Marit for her wedding.

And especially that the tiaras who are worn by the Kings's sisters will come back after their death (not all but the major ones).

I think that CP Mary's wedding tiara would be perfect for Princess Isabella when she turns 18. Princess Isabella might opt to wear the Khedive Tiara for her wedding day like the other women in the Danish Royal Family.

I thought that Queen Margarethe, Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte had decided that all of Queen Ingrids' female descendants would wear the Khedive tiara on their wedding day as a tribute to her?

I love this tiara, she looks really pretty!!

I also noticed that the engagment was now on the right hand and that a lovely sapphire and diamond ring was on the left with what appears to be simple gold band--I personally prefer the sapphire and diamond set.
I also am pleased that a new tiara (Mary's wedding) was added to the collection of the DRF. I hope that it remains and does not pass out of the main line--as tiaras tend to do.

And especially that the tiaras who are worn by the Kings's sisters will come back after their death (not all but the major ones).
A beautiful dream Stefan!
There is hardly a chance to become reality though, because these tiaras are personal property and not part of a family trust. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
King Juan Carlos got 1 or 2 tiaras back from his sisters, but I don't think that Margrethe's sisters are willing to part with their heirlooms.

A beautiful dream Stefan!
There is hardly a chance to become reality though, because these tiaras are personal property and not part of a family trust. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
King Juan Carlos got 1 or 2 tiaras back from his sisters, but I don't think that Margrethe's sisters are willing to part with their heirlooms.

Given the history of the Khedive Tiara I would assume that this is one of the pieces that will be returned to Denmark. The designation that it will be a wedding tiara for all of Queen Ingrids female descendants would also seem to indicate this.

BTW - I assume that the next time we will see this is when either Theodora or Natalie marry?

I believe Stefan meant that the tiara's of king Harald's sisters will go back to the Norwegian king after they pass away.

I believe Stefan meant that the tiara's of king Harald's sisters will go back to the Norwegian king after they pass away.

Yes i was talking about the tiaras of Princess Astrid and princess Ragnhild. 1 or 2 years ago a book about Princess Astrid was published for whioch she was also interviewed. And it was stated that she has said that some of her Jewels will go back to the Crown after her death.

Yes i was talking about the tiaras of Princess Astrid and princess Ragnhild. 1 or 2 years ago a book about Princess Astrid was published for whioch she was also interviewed. And it was stated that she has said that some of her Jewels will go back to the Crown after her death.
Oops, sorry, I misunderstood you there.
Yes, I also read that the Norwegian king gives tiaras and other jewels as lifetime loans to the family members. A very sensible idea, imo. Maybe the Danisch royal family should feel inspired by this practice, or take a glance at the way the Dutch handle their juwellery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom